Bronco Tool kit for 2 & 4 Door - first look

Will1234

Rank II

Advocate III

May 20, 2020
Brooklyn, NY, USA
I for one am gonna have a tool kit packed for the road. In the past when traveling in a group we all have our checklists to make sure that we are all covered with tools and supplies. Cuts down on redundancy and the ever elusive GVWR
I would at least like to see a folding T handle and a maglite as options in acessories. Maybe an ax

Reactions: TK1215

Gutter Clown

Rank IV

Super Supporter III

Jan 22, 2021
Indiana
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Austin
Ah, finally an answer to bolt storage! I'll accept this solution. (y)

edit: After thinking about it for a little bit, I think I prefer this to Jeep's method, as long as it's obvious which bolt goes where
When I watched the door removal video the bolts and nuts look exactly the same. I would also think they are the same part numbers so doesn't matter location.

Reactions: TK1215

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

While I agree it would be nice if they were American made, these tools are not life or death. These are to help remove the doors and the top. If they fail, it would be a minor inconvenience. Would I buy tools from Harbor Freight if they were to save my butt miles from civilization and were the difference of getting my truck fixed or not? No way. We all know the importance of good tools, but these are not those tools. If they break, buy something better next time. I for one think they are pretty cool and I'm glad they made the effort to supply them.

Last edited:

srick76

Rank V

Supporter III

Jun 11, 2020
Butler, NJ, USA
Member #

Why Would you say these are junk? They don’t look like a junk set to me. I have a range of tools from craftsman, Mac and snap on. I see these as a decent set for a mass production vehicle that they really didn’t need to give any for.
(y)Not to mention I don't think these tools are made to repair your vehicle just door and top removal.

Bschurr

Rank V

Don't delete

Jan 28, 2021
NY, USA
First Name
Barry
Last Name
Schurr
Awesome. Too bad there's no "bare hands" option though. Or maybe single-use roofs: you just peel it off and discard/recycle it and LEGO attach a new one.
I love that this will come with the truck. I assume storage will be in the same location as the jack?
It’s a small pouch. I don’t know for sure where it will be stored but likely just keep it in the glove box for storage. That’s where they ship for Jeep Wranglers.

Cooppierce

Rank V

Supporter III

Jul 8, 2020
Layton, UT, USA
First Name
Cooper
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Those look like junk to me. And they really did need to give a set to owners, im pretty sure jeep includes one or at least sells one. Who is the oem for this? Ford has a line of ford tools that are literally junk. Not like the moore drop forging and henry ford era tools of yesteryear
I think your confused... 1. They come with your Bronco. 2. There for removing top, doors, and Bronco bolts.... not doing repairs :LOL:

Will1234

Rank II

Advocate III

May 20, 2020
Brooklyn, NY, USA
I think your confused... 1. They come with your Bronco. 2. There for removing top, doors, and Bronco bolts.... not doing repairs :LOL:
I understand they come with your car. And yea so if you are out in the field why not give you quality tools. That ratchet looks like its from harbor freight. Probably the same oem. Id rather see ford include a much better quality tool kit.

RAVNLYF

Rank V

Super Supporter III

Jan 28, 2021
Prescott Valley Business Park, Dewey, Prescott Valley, AZ, USA
First Name
Russ
Last Name
xxxxx
Member #

OK, I just don't understand the naysayer attitude? These tools are a simple gesture from FMC. They DO NOT have to provide these, period. Ford is not going to "give you" anything... Like everybody is saying... they are probably ONLY intended for door/top removal. They are a SIMPLE add-on. If one doesn't like what is provided... simply, go B-U-Y what works for you. But to say "they look... blah, blah, blah" without ever physically looking or handling them... We'd ALL like to see a quality tool kit, like we'd all like to see an $800. ARB hydraulic jack or "cheaper" High Lift jack... myself, I'd like to see a free SAT phone OR free GMRS radio with purchase of my Badlands. lol

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

I like how Ford is providing a tool kit. I suspect many Bronco buyers will enjoy having the tools they need without having to track down each socket and make sure they match to your chosen drive. Nice.

Early on I realized my metric tool collection was woefully inadequate. During my most recent project involving the Yakima Roof Rack, I had all the tools I needed. I guess somedays you can not have too many tools. ;)

Bronco Metric Tools.jpg

RAVNLYF

Rank V

Super Supporter III

Jan 28, 2021
Prescott Valley Business Park, Dewey, Prescott Valley, AZ, USA
First Name
Russ
Last Name
xxxxx
Member #

I like how Ford is providing a tool kit. I suspect many Bronco buyers will enjoy having the tools they need without having to track down each socket and make sure they match to your chosen drive. Nice.

Early on I realized my metric tool collection was woefully inadequate. During my most recent project involving the Yakima Roof Rack, I had all the tools I needed. I guess somedays you can not have too many tools. ;)

View attachment 9408
Nice collection started here!

So, I thought it kinda cool that Ford had the forethought to have these tools stamped with BRONCO. I'd already planned on setting these aside and assembling a tool kit that replicates the sizes/capabilities. But this more out of wanting to preserve a cool Bronco item...

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

Looks like a Klein tool bag... Klein tools makes great stuff. I use for electrical work often.
My ability to get organized with tool selection and storage has been woefully inadequate. The new Bronco has been a catalyst to finally get organized. These bags should allow me to stuff them wherever there is space. At least that is the plan. ;)

Tool Bag 2.jpg

Tool Bags 1.jpg