Champion I

Jan 14, 2021
Auburndale, FL, USA
First Name
Walter
Last Name
Lynch
Member #

Here’s the first look at the tool kit for 2 & 4 door Bronco’s. The kit includes tools for removing the Top, Doors, and Bronco Bolts. It also includes extra storage pockets for hardware when the doors and top are removed.

Something I thought was a nice touch, is every tool down to the Allen key are engraved “BRONCO”

View attachment 8745View attachment 8746View attachment 8747View attachment 8748View attachment 8749View attachment 8750View attachment 8751View attachment 8752
Thanks for sharing. I figured there would be tools...this is even better than I was thinking. (Is there a 10mm socket?)

Will1234

Rank II

Advocate III

May 20, 2020
Brooklyn, NY, USA
This is where im disappointed often. Imagine being out in the dunes or in the forest and having junk tools to fix a problem. Who even makes those tools? Cant ford source a USA manufacturer for a tool set and have bronco stamped into them ?

guzie

Rank V

Champion I

Jul 25, 2020
Grand Rapids mi
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Guzniczak
Member #

This is where im disappointed often. Imagine being out in the dunes or in the forest and having junk tools to fix a problem. Who even makes those tools? Cant ford source a USA manufacturer for a tool set and have bronco stamped into them ?
Why Would you say these are junk? They don’t look like a junk set to me. I have a range of tools from craftsman, Mac and snap on. I see these as a decent set for a mass production vehicle that they really didn’t need to give any for.

Will1234

Rank II

Advocate III

May 20, 2020
Brooklyn, NY, USA
Why Would you say these are junk? They don’t look like a junk set to me. I have a range of tools from craftsman, Mac and snap on. I see these as a decent set for a mass production vehicle that they really didn’t need to give any for.
Those look like junk to me. And they really did need to give a set to owners, im pretty sure jeep includes one or at least sells one. Who is the oem for this? Ford has a line of ford tools that are literally junk. Not like the moore drop forging and henry ford era tools of yesteryear

guzie

Rank V

Champion I

Jul 25, 2020
Grand Rapids mi
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Guzniczak
Member #

Those look like junk to me. And they really did need to give a set to owners, im pretty sure jeep includes one or at least sells one. Who is the oem for this? Ford has a line of ford tools that are literally junk. Not like the moore drop forging and henry ford era tools of yesteryear
This is the first vehicle I will own that came with tools except for my motorcycles. You cannot judge from a few pictures the quality of a set of tools. You tell by using them. They look like a typical set of forged tools. I’ve used lots of tools over the years. I used to use them professionally when I worked in the garage and still do now personally as I still wrench on every car I have owned. My cars have only seen the dealership service department if there was a warranty issue. I see these tools as a nice unexpected addition.

Will1234

Rank II

Advocate III

May 20, 2020
Brooklyn, NY, USA
This is the first vehicle I will own that came with tools except for my motorcycles. You cannot judge from a few pictures the quality of a set of tools. You tell by using them. They look like a typical set of forged tools. I’ve used lots of tools over the years. I used to use them professionally when I worked in the garage and still do now personally as I still wrench on every car I have owned. My cars have only seen the dealership service department if there was a warranty issue. I see these tools as a nice unexpected addition.
I mean if a product comes with a removable top and you cant take it off without certain tools they should be including them or they are stupid not to. If they want to rival jeep, they need to add what they have and that is a tool kit

Shadowblade

Rank VI

Champion I

Jun 26, 2020
Columbia, MD, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Peeler
Member #

I mean if a product comes with a removable top and you cant take it off without certain tools they should be including them or they are stupid not to. If they want to rival jeep, they need to add what they have and that is a tool kit
Did you not see that the BN team said they believed they are standard.

Ford has stated all along you can remove the doors and those tools are obviously for that, roof, and bumper stuff.

Also really examine those tools in the pictures they look to me very close to my craftsman set I bought some 20 years ago.

Please look over the tread again, because I think you either missed a few messages or something.

Will1234

Rank II

Advocate III

May 20, 2020
Brooklyn, NY, USA
Did you not see that the BN team said they believed they are standard.

Ford has stated all along you can remove the doors and those tools are obviously for that, roof, and bumper stuff.

Also really examine those tools in the pictures they look to me very close to my craftsman set I bought some 20 years ago.

Please look over the tread again, because I think you either missed a few messages or something.
I didnt miss anything. Those are also not even close to craftsman of 20 years ago. Craftsman of 20 years ago was majority usa made. These are most likely outsourced.

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

Well that’s it I am not gonna order my Bronco now! Look at that ratchet! Looks like a Husky brand! Or maybe an old Snap on!
Oh wait I have had both of those and craftsman in my tool box for 30 years. I guess that makes me the piece of crap not The Bronco tool set. I hope I can still order my Bronco, or maybe the tool set. Damn it! Ford may think I’m a piece of crap and not let me order?! :ROFLMAO: :LOL: o_O :eek:

Will1234

Rank II

Advocate III

May 20, 2020
Brooklyn, NY, USA
Well that’s it I am not gonna order my Bronco now! Look at that ratchet! Looks like a Husky brand! Or maybe an old Snap on!
Oh wait I have had both of those and craftsman in my tool box for 30 years. I guess that makes me the piece of crap not The Bronco tool set. I hope I can still order my Bronco, or maybe the tool set. Damn it! Ford may think I’m a piece of crap and not let me order?! :ROFLMAO: :LOL: o_O :eek:
Never did I say you cant buy your bronco. Just that if im in a remote area id want a decent tool, not garbage to count on.

Reactions: Shadowblade

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

I for one am gonna have a tool kit packed for the road. In the past when traveling in a group we all have our checklists to make sure that we are all covered with tools and supplies. Cuts down on redundancy and the ever elusive GVWR

RAVNLYF

Rank V

Super Supporter III

Jan 28, 2021
Prescott Valley Business Park, Dewey, Prescott Valley, AZ, USA
First Name
Russ
Last Name
xxxxx
Member #

That’s a great kit! It’s those type finishing touches that make me think Ford did a better job on this thing than we sometimes think. Time and personal experience will tell, but it’s posts like this that push me back to a 11 on that Broncometer!
Exactly!

Reactions: 14U and Deano Bronc