Bronco Support Team – Telephone Conversation.

Chaos

Rank V

Don't delete

Feb 9, 2021
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Wiersema
Everyone has their reasons, we all had expectations and have been through a series of disappointments. Clearly dealer choice plays a big role for many. In some cases it might not make any difference, but for many reservation holders dealer allotment is almost as important as components. Of course calling yourself and og early reservation holder might hold some cache in your mind, but clearly they don’t care.

GToddC5

Rank V

Supporter III

Jul 14, 2020
South Jersey
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Nonya
Member #

I'm not ashamed to admit when I was told my Bronco wasn't going to be a 1964 1/2 I bailed. I reserved early on 7/14 and ordered on the first day. I was told I had a very good chance at getting exactly what I wanted and being one of the first to get it. After a couple of emails and updates from Ford it was clear I wouldn't be a 2021, but I had several conversations with the dealer (who was great). He really wanted the sale, but he also wanted me to be a happy (repeat) customer. After more updates from Ford he said yeah, you're an early reservation, within our allocation, but it's probably not going to be built the way you want it. If you don't change your build it's probably going to be a 2022. At least he was honest.

I had told him early on, if it isn't a 2021 you can sell it to someone else. He didn't, he actually cancelled the order and I got a confirmation from Ford that my order was cancelled (and won't be re-sold to someone else).
Didn't you bail a long time ago, for a Jeep? Why didn't you wait until the final scheduling weeks for '21, to be sure? The whole thing has been a moving target. My build has plenty of constrained items, and I was even sent an email from Ford saying it would be pushed to '22. I refused to downgrade my build to put another 4 door Big Bend soft top on the road. So I waited. Then 7 weeks later I received a scheduled to be built week of 11/15 email. Now, unlike you I would have stuck in there for '22, but you and I share the same early reservation date, so you could very well have been picked up to be scheduled.

AcesandEights

Rank V

Champion I

Oct 22, 2020
Oregon, USA
First Name
Aresenio
Last Name
Beckman
Didn't you bail a long time ago, for a Jeep? Why didn't you wait until the final scheduling weeks for '21, to be sure? The whole thing has been a moving target..
Great question, but you answered it, at least partially. The whole thing has been a moving target and the best information I could get was provided directly from Ford and my local dealership, and that was that it wouldn't be built in 2021.

It was apparent (best-guess) to everyone involved that I wouldn't get my vehicle in 2021.

Your build and mine are very similar in fact, 2D Badlands w/2.3L, 7MT, High, Hardtop w/roof rails and Tow. Based on my small-town local dealer's allocations, and based on emails directly from Ford about constraints, it looks like my Bronco wouldn't be built. Your's was, but that doesn't mean mine would. If I couldn't get a 2021, I didn't want it.

Ultimately too, I think the Jeep Rubicon is a better vehicle than the 2D Badlands. I was willing to accept that though because I've always wanted my own Bronco, since I started driving an early Bronco out in the Mojave desert as a kid.

After letting the hype die down I realized I could be driving the better vehicle now, as opposed to not receiving what I wanted, but was more nostalgic.

• Haha
Reactions: Pakrat

okie4570

Rank V

Promoter II

May 21, 2020
Oklahoma
I changed dealers a month or two after I reserved in March. They were too small, too far out of town, didn't want to budge on any negotiations. And I figured their allotment would be very small (they won't tell you), why should I drive 1 hour to get it or do service? Their only advantage was you don't pay the additional 1.5% sales tax the city charges. So what? I switched to the big city dealer, and even with a late reservation have a build date this month. They agreed on free oil changes for life. At $30/change, that will be $900 I save in 10 years.

I also dropped the Modular Hard Top and Tow. So what? I bought a $118 hitch aftermarket, ready to install myself. The Hard Top? I'll get one later, after driving the soft top for 1 year. Then I'll have TWO tops to alternate with the seasons. If the 2.3 with the Manual is too week, by 2023 they'll probably offer a 2.7 with a Manual....I'll trade up.

I don't understand the people that want to wait...and wait...and wait....stubbornly refusing to change the things that will give them a Bronco 1 to 2 years earlier. But I'm optioning DOWN, not Up. When people rationalize "If I'm gonna pay $55K, it's gonna be RIGHT!" I think "I'm going to pay $37K, not that much for a 4wd truck. If I want luxury I'd get an F250 optioned out.
Haha, I'll help you understand....it's the difference between getting the bronco you want and bowing down the system and letting Ford tell you what bronco you'll get.

Reactions: Deano Bronc

GToddC5

Rank V

Supporter III

Jul 14, 2020
South Jersey
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Nonya
Member #

Your build and mine are very similar in fact, 2D Badlands w/2.3L, 7MT, High, Hardtop w/roof rails and Tow. Based on my small-town local dealer's allocations, and based on emails directly from Ford about constraints, it looks like my Bronco wouldn't be built. Your's was, but that doesn't mean mine would.
I'm not out of the woods yet! It remains to be seen if week of 11/15 scheduling holds, since so many have had their dates pushed. I'll be thankful if they build it in time for Winter. I'm not sure I'm ready for another winter in my 1989 Toyota Pickup, which is very sketchy on slippery roads - at best.

Reactions: Bronco_Girl

Bronco_Girl

Rank VI

Promoter II

Aug 24, 2020
USA
First Name
Janet
Last Name
Conrad
Member #

I'm not ashamed to admit when I was told my Bronco wasn't going to be a 1964 1/2 I bailed. I reserved early on 7/14 and ordered on the first day. I was told I had a very good chance at getting exactly what I wanted and being one of the first to get it. After a couple of emails and updates from Ford it was clear I wouldn't be a 2021, but I had several conversations with the dealer (who was great). He really wanted the sale, but he also wanted me to be a happy (repeat) customer. After more updates from Ford he said yeah, you're an early reservation, within our allocation, but it's probably not going to be built the way you want it. If you don't change your build it's probably going to be a 2022. At least he was honest.

I had told him early on, if it isn't a 2021 you can sell it to someone else. He didn't, he actually cancelled the order and I got a confirmation from Ford that my order was cancelled (and won't be re-sold to someone else).
awesome dealership!

Bronco_Girl

Rank VI

Promoter II

Aug 24, 2020
USA
First Name
Janet
Last Name
Conrad
Member #

I'm not out of the woods yet! It remains to be seen if week of 11/15 scheduling holds, since so many have had their dates pushed. I'll be thankful if they build it in time for Winter. I'm not sure I'm ready for another winter in my 1989 Toyota Pickup, which is very sketchy on slippery roads - at best.
Looks like you are getting in by the skin of your teeth o_O I see why you are worried. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

AZshot

Rank IV

Promoter II

May 26, 2021
Southwest US
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Allen
Haha, I'll help you understand....it's the difference between getting the bronco you want and bowing down the system and letting Ford tell you what bronco you'll get.
Your choice to wait and hope they come through for you. I'm not that picky, I'll be driving mine while you wait. But I didn't bow down or anything. I made logical choices to drop the two options I did.

Haha let ME explain:
Painted Modular Hard top originally reserved. $1800 cost. Ford and everyone else warned 6 months later they were having trouble with their vendor, Webdasco. They offered $1000 in Ford points if I'd switch to the soft top. So I did. Eventually they cancelled the vendor contract, and notified me that it would be 2023 before they'd be available. Here is the "you gotta Future Ford part. If you wait to get the [top] you want.... and they just cancel it in 2023, you're going to NEVER get a "the bronco you want". I don't cut off my nose to spite my face. A hard top will be nice, but a soft top will also be nice. Having a Bronco to drive for 2 years, versus a "promissory note" is nicer. If and when they do have the Mod Hard top available, I'll have a FREE soft top (it comes standard), and have a $1000 credit to buy the Mod. So I'll get "dual tops" for probably about $1000....shipped. You'd be a fool not to do that. I never liked the ugly regular hard top, nor it's leaks, whistles, fibers springing out, and pebbly finish.

Tow package originally reserved. $579 cost, but I'd probably have not gotten a build date this year. Was I going to tow? No, probably not, just wanted it "in case." Is having something I might use once worth putting having a Bronco on hold for 1 year? No way. So I bought an aftermarket receiver tow package for $118. Sitting in the garage, waiting. I can put my rear cargo rack on it just fine, don't need wiring for lights.

Two examples of how in MY case, being flexible will work out better than if I stubbornly refused to change my order. YMMV. But refusing to "bow" down out of some misplaced sense that you'll win if you wait, just adds risk you'll NEVER get what you want. Or if you do, you'll wait 2 years and maybe be in a position in life where you no longer need those options. Good luck with that. Haha
PS: you're on Ignore now, so if you reply, it will be as futile as waiting an extra year to hope you get it. You won't get a reply.

Last edited:
Reactions: okie4570 and Flip17

hkbooner

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Sep 22, 2021
San Antonio, TX
First Name
Hallie
Last Name
Boone
I asked my dealer and he told me how many orders they had, their allocation, and where I was within the allocation. Unscrupulous dealers may not give out that info.
Very interesting. That throws another wrench in to the system. Let me ask you this, how did you ascertain the allocation numbers? Just communication? Calling around?
I agree with Buckin's response...it really depends on the dealership and salesman. I got very lucky with mine and he keeps me up to date with communications he gets from Ford. Everyone I have worked with at Northside Ford has been very transparent and helpful. I know that a lot of people got hosed with their dealer.

Chaos, I asked my guy about their allocation and told him about all the mess I was reading on the forums. Expressed concern about allotments and he told me not to worry; that the dealership was ranked #16 out of the 3,500k (can't remember the specific number he told me) dealerships nation-wide. He even showed me the system that tracked their orders and we looked through the vehicles that were in transit to the dealership as well as the ones that were still at the factory so we could look at what was holding them up (there were 12 at that point when we looked).

I certainly hope that people will have the ability to transfer dealerships. Bad move on Ford's part if allocation trumps reservation number...it is not the buyer's fault that the dealership in their area is small or the salesmen are ass-hats. People should be able to transfer after this whole launch mess...I get it if Ford comes out next summer and says something like, after such and such date, you cannot transfer an order to a new dealership...give people a chance to do their DD in selecting a dealership. Brings back that competition too, getting dealerships to brush up on their customer service skills...

Anywhooo, that is all. Guess I just felt the need to contribute to this thread. Doubt I offered any new or helpful information, ha! Sorry, OP.

Reactions: Buckin'

Chaos

Rank V

Don't delete

Feb 9, 2021
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Wiersema
I agree with Buckin's response...it really depends on the dealership and salesman. I got very lucky with mine and he keeps me up to date with communications he gets from Ford. Everyone I have worked with at Northside Ford has been very transparent and helpful. I know that a lot of people got hosed with their dealer.

Chaos, I asked my guy about their allocation and told him about all the mess I was reading on the forums. Expressed concern about allotments and he told me not to worry; that the dealership was ranked #16 out of the 3,500k (can't remember the specific number he told me) dealerships nation-wide. He even showed me the system that tracked their orders and we looked through the vehicles that were in transit to the dealership as well as the ones that were still at the factory so we could look at what was holding them up (there were 12 at that point when we looked).

I certainly hope that people will have the ability to transfer dealerships. Bad move on Ford's part if allocation trumps reservation number...it is not the buyer's fault that the dealership in their area is small or the salesmen are ass-hats. People should be able to transfer after this whole launch mess...I get it if Ford comes out next summer and says something like, after such and such date, you cannot transfer an order to a new dealership...give people a chance to do their DD in selecting a dealership. Brings back that competition too, getting dealerships to brush up on their customer service skills...

Anywhooo, that is all. Guess I just felt the need to contribute to this thread. Doubt I offered any new or helpful information, ha! Sorry, OP.
Yeah I did that all last year. Got a peak into the build bank, played all sorts of scenarios with the data/orders. My dealer told me again where I was at, and their initial allocation, i.e first month, as allocations are apparently monthly now. Also at a big, high ranking dealer, but they have lots of orders. Around 300 reorders for 2022, plus new online orders coming in. I would be one of these last 2021 builds if I changed my model, but that wasn’t going to happen…..

Bronco V-8

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

"Or if you do, you'll wait 2 years and maybe be in a position in life where you no longer need those options."

True and I'm looking that scenario square in the face. Also order now and wait 2 years or wait 2 years and then order.

Steve5205

Rank IV

Supporter I

Aug 11, 2021
Connecticut
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Powell
Member #

This morning I had the pleasure of speaking with a genuinely nice and well-trained customer support person on the Bronco Support Team at 1-800-334-4375. I was able to obtain this number from an equally nice person at the Ford Customer Support number 1-800-392-3673.

(I tend to be a calm rational person during challenging times, and this was no exemption.)

I had accessed my options regarding dealer allocations and located an alternative dealer who is projected to have an abundance of allocations in 2022. My goal this morning was to request a change of dealers. The answer was NO. Ford is not allowing any dealer transfers. When asked if that policy might change. The answer was also NO.

When I explained how I could not hold on until 2023 for a Bronco, I was directed to contact my dealer to request a cancellation of my order and reservation. So, there you have it.

Have a lovely day! :)
I am so sorry to read this. I've only been active on this site for a month or so, but I already know your name and follow your posts. You seem like one of the most informed people here and a voice of reason among this gathering of remarkably nice, reasonable people. I hate to think you won't be a Bronco owner. I'm 62 and have owned my share of cars and SUV's, but I've never been as excited about a vehicle as I am about Bronco's. But I feel like a poser compared to you. You can't give up. Bronco Nation needs you!

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
USA
First Name
TBD
Last Name
TBD
I am so sorry to read this. I've only been active on this site for a month or so, but I already know your name and follow your posts. You seem like one of the most informed people here and a voice of reason among this gathering of remarkably nice, reasonable people. I hate to think you won't be a Bronco owner. I'm 62 and have owned my share of cars and SUV's, but I've never been as excited about a vehicle as I am about Bronco's. But I feel like a poser compared to you. You can't give up. Bronco Nation needs you!
Thank you very much for your kind words. I have learned so much about the 2021 Bronco and genuinely enjoyed sharing my knowledge and joy with our wonderful community.
As I attempted to convert from my 2021 order to a 2022 order, I encountered bumps in the road. Actually, my road ended, and I saw no detours or ways to continue. My Bronco order /reservation has been cancelled and deleted from the system.
I am now actively researching my next journey and hope my new focus will encounter a community like Bronco Nation. Please understand, I will have limited time for involvement in Bronco Nation efforts and may only read postings on an occasional basis.
I hope you find immense joy with your Bronco since it is a wonderful off-road vehicle.
Take care, Warren (aka BuzzyBud)

Calgecko

Rank VI

Champion I

Jul 28, 2020
Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Brooks
Member #

Thank you very much for your kind words. I have learned so much about the 2021 Bronco and genuinely enjoyed sharing my knowledge and joy with our wonderful community.
As I attempted to convert from my 2021 order to a 2022 order, I encountered bumps in the road. Actually, my road ended, and I saw no detours or ways to continue. My Bronco order /reservation has been cancelled and deleted from the system.
I am now actively researching my next journey and hope my new focus will encounter a community like Bronco Nation. Please understand, I will have limited time for involvement in Bronco Nation efforts and may only read postings on an occasional basis.
I hope you find immense joy with your Bronco since it is a wonderful off-road vehicle.
you'll be missed, man... good luck with whatever path you choose !!

KennyMac

Rank V

Promoter II

Dec 7, 2020
Alabama, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
MacAllister
@BuzzyBud I, along with many here, have really enjoyed learning with and from you along the way. It saddens me to see your journey end this way, but I wish you the best of luck on whatever your next journey might be. I look forward to the day our paths cross again, Everest base camp 2023? Seriously, check out Indiahikes EBC. Wife and I were working on booking a trip when Covid hit, might be your cup of tea.

Reactions: BuzzyBud and Rgwinn

Rgwinn

Rank VI

Champion III

Jul 20, 2020
Salem, OR, USA
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Gwinn
Member #

I will miss your wise observations. It’s been great sharing this virtual journey with you.
Hope you find your next adventures.
Cheers.

Soupcook

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 14, 2021
Auburndale, FL, USA
First Name
Walter
Last Name
Lynch
Member #

I reserved about 8 hours after the online reservations opened July 13, 2020, so I am an early reservation holder and I ordered January 20th, 2021.

If I changed dealerships, my early reservation would jump ahead of everyone later than my July 14th reservation. If one ordered from the new dealer and was told they were #1 on the list but now then I come along and move my earlier reservation in and take #1. (Just an example of one person, imagine 20, 50 or more early reservation holders doing this at large dealerships. The dealers local customers are being pushed back by out-of-town or even out-of-state buyers. It doesn't seem fair.

Reactions: okie4570