Advocate III

May 21, 2020
Colorado/Florida
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Wixom
Member #

I will be there for sure. I would suggest Tincup Pass or Cottonwood over to Taylor Park and over Taylor Pass into Aspen, then Independence pass back to Leadville and then BV. I would lead that awesome ride if needed.

Mantruck

Rank IV

Advocate III

May 21, 2020
Colorado/Florida
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Wixom
Member #

It would be good to see you and wheel with you and others again. I would love to do some of the trails I have been on since I was a kid in diapers.

Reactions: TorgSurv

Mantruck

Rank IV

Advocate III

May 21, 2020
Colorado/Florida
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Wixom
Member #

I guess I need to clarify. I had the RV park and the cabin. I’m staying at the RV park.

The Bronze

Rank V

Promoter III

May 20, 2020
Colorado, USA
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Shaw
Member #

I should probably reserve a spot. The last one was a fair drive; this year I want to get closer. Hopefully have a Motorhome and 2 Broncos there!

Reactions: TorgSurv

David

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

Hulkbuster19

Rank III

Advocate II

Aug 22, 2020
Whittier, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Wont have the bronco yet, but then again if I find the right old one, we will be in it !!! . either way it will be fun going for the first of Many times to come !!! see you all there

Reactions: TK1215

Hulkbuster19

Rank III

Advocate II

Aug 22, 2020
Whittier, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Moore
Member #

We won't have a Bronco yet, unless I just decide to get an older one. But even if its with our Tahoe,we will be there for our first of many to come !!! See you all there

Reactions: TK1215

Lester10-3

Rank V

Champion I

Aug 11, 2020
Montrose, CO, USA
First Name
Lester
Last Name
Sendecki
Member #

If you plan to drive US 50 between Montrose & Gunnison, check www.us50info.com for road closure schedule. Big construction project with week-day full closures.
Also, thanks for visiting Colorado. Might see you there.

Flourman

Rank V

Supporter III

Jul 18, 2020
Littleton, CO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Roush
Member #

Most likely we WON’T have our Bronco by then but we do enjoy camping in 4-mile. We’ll likely cruise through the fairgrounds and check things out.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

The Trail and Drive Schedule for Bronco Super Celebration West has been released on the Bronco Driver site.

WEDNESDAY September 8
Dirt Drives*

10 A.M. Bonanza/ Rawley Mine
(Moderate about 4 Hours) Visit the historical town of Bonanza and the Rawley Mine. 31 inch tires minimum recommended. Sign Up required! Bring a Lunch. Limited to 20 Broncos.

1:30 -P.M. – Four Mile Area Drive (Dirt and gravel roads, easy about 3 hours) Very scenic area above Buena Vista. Doable in a stock Bronco.

Scenic & Destination Drives *

11:00 A.M. – Clear Creek Mining camps Tour (Scenic dirt and gravel roads, about 2-3 hours) See 3 mining camps along Clear Creek – Winfield, Crescent and Vicksburg.

THURSDAY September 9
Danger OFF ROAD Drive *

9 A.M. – Holy Cross City (Difficult approximately 6 hours) One of the most famous trails in Colorado. See the historic Holy Cross City ghost town. Pack a lunch. Min 35’s and 2 lockers, possible minor body damage. Sign Up required!

Dirt Drive

10 :30 A.M. Mosquito Pass
(Easy – Moderate). Approximately 3 hours. Generally easy trail to the highest drivable pass in the US at 13,208ft! Sign Up required!

12:00 A.M. Hancock Pass
(Easy – Moderate). Approximately 4 hours. Very scenic trail to Hancock pass and the Alpine Tunnel. Sign Up Required!

08:30 A.M. Pikes Peak
– This is an all-day drive to the famous Pikes Peak! There is a $15 per adult fee or you can ride the cog railroad to the top! Pack a lunch or eat at the Visitor Center.

3 P.M. Cottonwood Pass to Tincup City (Mostly paved except from Cottonwood Pass to Tincup City) . Approximately 3 hours. Visit historic Tincup City on the west side of Tincup Pass.

FRIDAY September 10
Danger OFF ROAD Drives *

9:00 A.M. Chinaman’s Gulch
(Difficult approximately 5 hours) Arguably Colorado’s most fun trail! It has a bit of everything. Pack a lunch to eat on the trail. Minimum 33’s tires, 1 locker. Possible minor body damage. Sign Up Required!

11 A.M. Tincup Pass
(Moderate approximately 4 hours) Drive through the historic town of St Elmo and climb to the top of Tincup Pass, then return to Buena Vista. Sign Up Required!

Dirt Drives *

9:30 A.M. Mineral Basin
This is a very easy trail, all dirt. Goes past Cottonwood Lake. Great for a stop and group photo at the end. Sign Up Required!

2:30 P.M. Bassam Park/Castle Rock Gulch/Black Dumps.
(Approximately 3 hours) Suitable for stock vehicles. Easy scenic trail east of Buena Vista.

Scenic & Destination Drives

10:00 A.M. Independence Day March –
(All Pavement about 3 hours) Very scenic drive to the Continental Divide at Independence Pass Overlook. Pack a lunch to eat. If you’re feeling really independent then take the .4 mile walk to the viewing point for a spectacular view of the Continental Divide.

2:00 P.M. St Elmo Ghost town (Mostly pavement except for about 10 miles of graded dirt/gravel road) Approximately 2-3 hours. Includes a Tour by St Elmo Historical Society – the best-preserved ghost town in Colorado. (Please Sign up for Tour)

SATURDAY September 11
Danger OFF ROAD Drives *

9:01 A.M. Grizzly Lake
(Difficult, approximately 4 hours) Recommended 33 in tires minimum and 1 locker. Get past the challenging gatekeeper and it’s a very scenic drive to a pristine Alpine Lake. Pack a lunch to eat on the trail. Sign Up Required!

Dirt Drives *

10 00 A.M. Four Mile Drive
(Dirt and gravel roads, easy about 3 hours) Very scenic area above Buena Vista. Doable in a stock Bronco.

11:00 A.M. – Salida/Monarch Crest Scenic Tramway
(All Pavement) Approximately 2-3 hours. Ride a tram to the top of Monarch Pass and Continental Divide. Cost is $10 adults/ $5 kids.

1:00 P.M. Cottonwood Pass – (About 40 Miles all pavement, about 1 1/2 Hours) Simple drive on all pavement to the top of the mountain over 12,000 feet and the Overlook at the Continental Divide

Reactions: Bronc96

Snipes243

Rank III

Champion II

Jun 10, 2020
North Carolina, USA
So I'm looking for a recommendation on transportation from Buena vista to Denver airport on Sunday after the event for four people. Normally I would rent a car but can't seem to find any near Buena Vista. Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Supporter I

Aug 13, 2020
southern USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Strum
Member #

Well. Our plans to take our new Broncos to this event aged like a glass of milk left out on the kitchen counter.