BRONCO SPORT.... Specs. Accessories....

Slownstddy
Mar 05, 2021

Rank VI

Mar 05, 2021

My wife, loooking at buying a bronco sport, asked me about the issues it has that may be similar to the big bronco. Such as roof capacity, GVWR, C of G. Tire size upgrades...etc...
To be honest, I haven't payed that much attention to the sport. I'm not against it, just singularly focused on my squatched BL.
So.. what say the nation?
2021 4 door Badlands Sasquatch, Rapid red. 2.7, high package. Reserved on 07-19-2020, ordered 01-20-2021, delivered 12-05-2021
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 05, 2021

Rank VI

Mar 05, 2021

Hmmmmm.....:unsure::unsure:
2021 4 door Badlands Sasquatch, Rapid red. 2.7, high package. Reserved on 07-19-2020, ordered 01-20-2021, delivered 12-05-2021

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Mar 06, 2021

My wife, loooking at buying a bronco sport, asked me about the issues it has that may be similar to the big bronco. Such as roof capacity, GVWR, C of G. Tire size upgrades...etc...
To be honest, I haven't payed that much attention to the sport. I'm not against it, just singularly focused on my squatched BL.
So.. what say the nation?
Bronco Sport is a very capable sub-compact crossover SUV. It's got a lot going for it in that arena. You can get some upgrades for it aftermarket, vendors and outfitters are coming up with and testing new stuff all the time (lifts, bigger tires, tents, cargo storage solutions, etc), but it's not in the same league as the mid-size Bronco 2 Door and 4 Door. I think there was an ad or release video from Ford that says it best: Bronco Sport will take you to the trailhead. Bronco will take you over the mountain. (Paraphrased)
I haven't heard any complaints about not being able to add options to Bronco Sport because of GVWR or similar issues like we have with the mid-size, probably because there just aren't as many potential options, upgrades, accessories, and packages. If she does want to take it off road, I would definitely opt for the Badlands (which will also get her a pass to the Off-Roadeo).
benjaminkrawiec, Slownstddy

Rank VI

Mar 06, 2021

Awsome @TorgSurv . Thank you for summarizing for me. I thought that would be the case but I cant read everything and wanted to check if there was the same info along the same road as the midsize without having to spend 7 months reseaching it...lmao. we might go test drive another one today.
TorgSurv