Bronco sport issues??

TsingTX
May 25, 2021

Rank III

May 25, 2021

Has anybody else had issues with the bronco sports breaking down? My wife just got her a big bend as well and it only had 34 miles on it when it stopped on her. Message popped up on screen to put in park to restart. Then just shut down. Took it to dealership and was told that it was a faulty AC Compressor. It is going to be replaced completely under warranty. Just curious if this is an isolated issue or if anybody else has dealt with this.
Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2021

Rank V

May 25, 2021

First I have heard of that.
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage

Rank 0

May 26, 2021

The only issue I have had so far was the usb hub in the media bin stopped working, Had it replaced.

Rank V

May 26, 2021

800 trouble free miles so far on my folks’s BS BL. Nothing yet I think needs attention. I’ve read on the BS forum about a noise from the transmission cooler area that is concerning, but I’m not aware if anything official from Ford has come out concerning it.
DRWright

Rank III

May 31, 2021

I'm not clear. Did the vehicle eventually start? Shouldn't completely shutdown because of an AC problem.

Rank VI

May 31, 2021

Might throw a shut down code if the hot outside air causes the turbo air to overheat. I know its dumb but the a/c condenser is in front of the intercooler to help cool the air to the engine. (Unless I'm remembering the wrong set up)
2021 4 door Badlands Sasquatch, Rapid red. 2.7, high package. Reserved on 07-19-2020, ordered 01-20-2021, delivered 12-05-2021

Rank III

Jun 23, 2021

I'm not clear. Did the vehicle eventually start? Shouldn't completely shutdown because of an AC problem.
Yes the vehicle did start but was in some sort of emergency lock mode that refused to be put in anything other than parked. Ford replaced and fixed. Have had no issues since even on two 3+ hour trips
Bronclahoma, Deano Bronc

Rank III

Jun 24, 2021

Yes the vehicle did start but was in some sort of emergency lock mode that refused to be put in anything other than parked. Ford replaced and fixed. Have had no issues since even on two 3+ hour trips
Glad you are up and running!

Rank III

Jun 30, 2021

I’ve been having an issue with an intense shake & emptiness feeling while trying to accelerate past 65mph. Brought it in last week and the dealership did a realignment that lasted 1 day…I heard there were some issues with front and rear suspension back in February. I did have a run in with some NorthEast construction (I.e. road torn up & turned into basically a giant speed bump); was a cringey moment but I feel like it should be able to handle it? Anyone else experience this?

Rank 0

Jul 04, 2021

I’ve been having an issue with an intense shake & emptiness feeling while trying to accelerate past 65mph. Brought it in last week and the dealership did a realignment that lasted 1 day…I heard there were some issues with front and rear suspension back in February. I did have a run in with some NorthEast construction (I.e. road torn up & turned into basically a giant speed bump); was a cringey moment but I feel like it should be able to handle it? Anyone else experience this?

That’s because there is a recall on those that were built in February because of a missing bolt. I have had zero issues mine was not built until May.

Rank 0

Jul 12, 2021

I got my Big Bend in January and a few months after that my number two fuel injector went bad which so far happened to me twice. Other than that problem, the vehicle is still holding up.

Rank III

Jul 26, 2021

I was driving in a rainstorm on the Ohio turnpike a couple of weeks ago and my Bronco Sport Badlands died. All of a sudden both touchscreens went black and the hazard lights came on. There was a message on the touchscreen that said: "Vehicle network communication error". I pulled off the road into a parking lot and turned off the vehicle. I thought that may reset it and tried to restart it. WRONG. It would not restart and I had no control over anything. The hazard lights continued to work and I had no control to turn them off. It was stuck in drive and I could not put in into neutral to tow it safely and was worried that attempting to scoot it on the tow truck bed while in park would damage it and forfeit the warranty coverage. After contacting the dealership they suggested I try disconnecting the battery and waiting 20 full minutes then reconnect it. It should reset the electronics/computer chips, etc. I tried it and it actually worked! The vehicle started right up and acted "normal" in every way. But I did not trust to just resume driving it and had it towed to the dealership anyhow for inspection. After the mechanics looked it over they said it had a faulty battery and replaced it for free under warranty. They could not find another reason for the problems -- although they said when they plugged it into diagnostics, it had over 20 error messages and they called Ford corporate for advise and were told it has happened to others Bronco Sports and it was usually a faulty battery that caused the problem. They made me whole again, but, it all kind of sounded suspect to me and now I live in fear that it could happen again when water is involved. I've heard of at least 2 other Bronco sports that died after going through a big mud puddle and a small stream. Both of which were below the 23" fjording water level max. So if anybody else had had bad luck in or around water, it would be nice to know. I sincerely hope this has all been coincidental and there is no connection to water being a problem.

Rank 0

Jul 27, 2021

Has anybody else had issues with the bronco sports breaking down? My wife just got her a big bend as well and it only had 34 miles on it when it stopped on her. Message popped up on screen to put in park to restart. Then just shut down. Took it to dealership and was told that it was a faulty AC Compressor. It is going to be replaced completely under warranty. Just curious if this is an isolated issue or if anybody else has dealt with this.
I’ve got 2500 miles on my Badlands and have not experienced any such issue.

Rank V

Jul 28, 2021

I was driving in a rainstorm on the Ohio turnpike a couple of weeks ago and my Bronco Sport Badlands died. All of a sudden both touchscreens went black and the hazard lights came on. There was a message on the touchscreen that said: "Vehicle network communication error". I pulled off the road into a parking lot and turned off the vehicle. I thought that may reset it and tried to restart it. WRONG. It would not restart and I had no control over anything. The hazard lights continued to work and I had no control to turn them off. It was stuck in drive and I could not put in into neutral to tow it safely and was worried that attempting to scoot it on the tow truck bed while in park would damage it and forfeit the warranty coverage. After contacting the dealership they suggested I try disconnecting the battery and waiting 20 full minutes then reconnect it. It should reset the electronics/computer chips, etc. I tried it and it actually worked! The vehicle started right up and acted "normal" in every way. But I did not trust to just resume driving it and had it towed to the dealership anyhow for inspection. After the mechanics looked it over they said it had a faulty battery and replaced it for free under warranty. They could not find another reason for the problems -- although they said when they plugged it into diagnostics, it had over 20 error messages and they called Ford corporate for advise and were told it has happened to others Bronco Sports and it was usually a faulty battery that caused the problem. They made me whole again, but, it all kind of sounded suspect to me and now I live in fear that it could happen again when water is involved. I've heard of at least 2 other Bronco sports that died after going through a big mud puddle and a small stream. Both of which were below the 23" fjording water level max. So if anybody else had had bad luck in or around water, it would be nice to know. I sincerely hope this has all been coincidental and there is no connection to water being a problem.
I’ve put 6,000+ miles on my BS FE, mostly highway, but some trails in Michigan’s UP and Maryland. No issues and and a fantastic ride. Haven’t tackled any water yet… but a word of caution: only the Badlands and First Edition trims can ford 23.6 inches of water (and I believe that’s with optional 29” Wildtrak AT tires}. The other trims (base, BB, OB) are rated to ford 17.7 inches of water. Vehicle speed when fording is <4 MPH. (Ford Owners Guide, page 244).
T Schaf

Rank V

Jul 28, 2021

7k miles on my Badlands and no issues whatsoever *knocks on wood* but have seen a few other threads of freak things like this happening, hoping for the best
Ponds

Rank 0

Jul 28, 2021

I have the badlands 2500 miles and zero issues with anything everything works perfect!!
benjaminkrawiec

Member 2541 Jerry

Dec 31, 2021

Confirmed my concern,
Still no schedule build date for our 2dr Black Diamond but
We received our big bend sport last February.
My concern was how deep the wipers fold into the cowling below the front hood.
We just returned from a ski trip in Colorado,
Great Snow a lot of fresh accumulations and yes, the cowling does indeed load up with snow and create havoc for the wipers.
The defrost “heat” on the windshield has problems reaching 7” below the inside dash height of the defroster vents.
I had to pull over multiple times to chip/scrape remove ice and compacted snow for the wiper hubs to be able to keep the wipers functioning properly.

Other than that,
The Big Bend performed brilliantly,
And there was no noise created by the addition of my old Yakima ski 534E5C9F-F776-4D36-A180-5B8B2355C039.jpegrack on the factory crossbars.
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.

Rank 0

Aug 28, 2022

This just happened to me.. exact same thing but I was able to drive it home all the while, smelling a burning belt. Bought my Bronco badlands brand new but have put some miles on her 10,000 to be exact. This should not be happening and the ac just stopped working instantly. Hope this isn't a long wait fix I have some traveling to do. Missing my Jeep now :(

Rank 0

Aug 28, 2022

This just happened to me.. exact same thing but I was able to drive it home all the while, smelling a burning belt. Bought my Bronco badlands brand new but have put some miles on her 10,000 to be exact. This should not be happening and the ac just stopped working instantly. Hope this isn't a long wait fix I have some traveling to do. Missing my Jeep now :(