Bronco Sport Delayed AGAIN

Jenbeth
May 21, 2022

Rank II

May 21, 2022

Just got the dreaded email that my Bronco Sport Outerbanks production has been delayed AGAIN.

Originally May 30, then June 6, now June 13. I’m sure that June 3rd will bring another email with another delay. Frustrating.
Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2022

Rank VI

May 21, 2022

Just got the dreaded email that my Bronco Sport Outerbanks production has been delayed AGAIN.

Originally May 30, then June 6, now June 13. I’m sure that June 3rd will bring another email with another delay. Frustrating.

When did you order it?

Rank II

May 21, 2022

When did you order it?
March 7

Rank 0

May 24, 2022

When did you order it?
Nooooooo! Don’t say that! I just got my
order confirmation letter on 5/11!
Jenbeth

Rank VI

May 24, 2022

Sorry Jenbeth, hope the delay is short
Member # 5650 / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands

Rank VI

May 24, 2022

Nooooooo! Don’t say that! I just got my
order confirmation letter on 5/11!

That’s great. I thought you’ve been waiting for months like us folks that ordered the big Bronco.
PSUTE

Burrito Connoisseur

May 24, 2022

That’s great. I thought you’ve been waiting for months like us folks that ordered the big Bronco.
Yeah it’s not bad. For those Bronco Sport order holders who didn’t order the Badlands trim, the typical wait has been 5-8 months. Badlands trim has been more like 8-12 months depending how you configured it. Which admittedly is a long wait compared to the pre-pandemic world, but nothing compared to those who ordered the big Bronco and have been waiting for years. I personally am going on month 15 since I placed the order and month 22 since I placed the reservation.

I had a Bronco Sport on order that was going to replace my wife’s car, and a big Bronco to replace my aging Focus. But oak tree fell on the wife’s car last year just before school started back up, so I had to cancel the Bronco Sport order and bought an Escape off the lot instead. If I had a crystal ball that could see the future, I probably would have just kept the Bronco Sport order and driven it around myself until the big Bronco arrived.

But then again… my Focus gets 38 MPG, which has been a blessing with current fuel prices. So can’t complain too much.

Congrats to those getting their Bronco Sports. Hopefully the supply chain gods won’t cause any more build delays.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
Deano Bronc

Inmate #19359

Jun 02, 2022

I didn't know that people were waiting on Bronco Sport orders. I ordered a "big" Bronco 266 days ago (but who's counting?).

My wife and I walked onto a Ford Dealer's lot to look for a car for her. We were actually drawn there by an ad for a Ford Maverick. We didn't like the color on the 2 Mavs they had and were immediately ushered over to a Toyota Tacoma they were pushing in the used car section (which was about 80% of the lot - - but that's another story). I wasn't impressed with the "Arizona Pin-striping" and dings that the Tacoma had so then we were introduced to the Bronco Sports they had on the lot. They actually had about 7 of them! Of course, the most expensive one, a loaded Badlands, caught the wifey's eye and we ended up buying that one... you know "Happy Wife, Happy Life... yeah whatever.
So now we will be a Bronco family, with two steeds in the barn - if, and when, I ever get mine! :cool:
2023 Bronco,Black Diamond 🏴‍☠️ Velocity Blue 🟦, 4Door, SAS, MIC, Mid, 2.7m, Orig Order: 9/10/21 Blend Date: 11/30/22. Built: 12/02, Shipped 12/4, Arrived at dealer on 12/23, Took possession on 12/30/22!!! 476 Days after ordering.
Goodyear, AZ 🌵🔆
Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jul 18, 2022

I've been waiting on a Bronco Sport order. Some of the dealers here say that they might get in several at a time but almost all of them are for people who are waiting on the order and the remaining ones go within the day because the sales associates have a list of numbers to call for interested prospective buyers. My wife and I went around to see what we could find at the different dealers this weekend just to check them out if nothing else. Hardly anything on the lot for sale. A couple of Badlands edition ones and one with a few thousand miles on it the dealer bought at an auction and was trying sell.

We thought about taking a road trip out of state and coming back with the new vehicle if available on a lot within a day's drive, but hopefully the wait won't be much longer so probably we'll just sit tight.

Rank 0

Jul 18, 2022

Have they started production yet?

Rank II

Jul 18, 2022

Modules came live on 7/4 for a 6/27 build week. I’ve been on the Bronco Sport forum, separate from this site and much friendlier toward those of us who do not have full sized Broncos.

Everyone on there from that week whose modules came live by 6/30’had theirs built and shipped and are tracking their rail car numbers. All of us who came live from 7/1 through the end of the run (sometime during the 7/4 week) when the factory shut down for a two week scheduled maintenance (weeks of 7/11 and7/18) are just sitting there, supposedly “produced.” Our trackers won’t update and Ford customer service can’t tell us anything except what is on the visibility report (produced with an ETA). We know they haven’t shipped and are just sitting on a lot in Hermosillo.

I highly recommend joining the Bronco Sport site.
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/waiting-room.2091/page-428#post-116654