Bronco Sport Base Transmission out at 14K miles

Noodle34
May 19, 2022

Rank 0

May 19, 2022

Ok folks.. this is going to be a slightly longer thread but I was not sure where else to go for advice or see if anyone else has had the same issue. I purchased my Bronco on April 2nd from a local Ford dealer. I test drove the Bronco and took it on the interstate. As I was driving it home it did a hard shift down. I thought maybe it was the sensor on the front since I did get a little close to brother in law who was in front of me. I did not drive it anymore from April 2nd-April 4th to make sure I got the car insurance set up correctly online. On Tuesday on my way to work I noticed that in the higher gears the Bronco ran great but as I did in town driving with stop and go it started shifting weird and slipping gears. I'll admit it took me a little longer to finally admit that what I was feeling was the transmission slipping. No one expects that on a car with 14K. April 6th I dropped the Bronco back off at the Fords Service department. It took them nearly three weeks to just get it in the shop to be looked at. They ordered the parts they thought it needed and just replaced the parts this week. Not only did that not fix it but now I am looking at having a new transmission put in which is on back order. During this whole time I was lied to about ETA's, about when it was actually in the service shop being worked on and at one point the sales guy even admitted mine got pushed back for another service order. I went down today at the request of the sales guy so I can look at other options and found one I liked. They then had the nerve to tell me that if I went with another vehicle I would have negative equity attached to my new loan even on Cars that are significantly cheaper than the Bronco.
At this point I am beyond frustrated because as a dealership that boost about their "certified pre-owned" cars how the hell was a bad transmission missed before putting this on the lot? You cannot tell me that when they moved this around the lot they didn't feel the transmission slip. Now I am stuck making payments on a car that I had for less than a week with no actual ETA of when the new transmission will be in or fixed. The dealership is unwilling to work with me to resolve this issue or admit any fault. Now I feel stuck. I am obligated to make monthly payments on a car that I cannot drive and will likely not have in my possession for months. If I try to get away from all the bullshit going on with that one they are trying to attach negative equity on the new loan. I am being punished and dealt the shit hand while the dealership faces no repercussions.
Jonesbald2008
Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2022

Rank II

May 19, 2022

Ok folks.. this is going to be a slightly longer thread but I was not sure where else to go for advice or see if anyone else has had the same issue. I purchased my Bronco on April 2nd from a local Ford dealer. I test drove the Bronco and took it on the interstate. As I was driving it home it did a hard shift down. I thought maybe it was the sensor on the front since I did get a little close to brother in law who was in front of me. I did not drive it anymore from April 2nd-April 4th to make sure I got the car insurance set up correctly online. On Tuesday on my way to work I noticed that in the higher gears the Bronco ran great but as I did in town driving with stop and go it started shifting weird and slipping gears. I'll admit it took me a little longer to finally admit that what I was feeling was the transmission slipping. No one expects that on a car with 14K. April 6th I dropped the Bronco back off at the Fords Service department. It took them nearly three weeks to just get it in the shop to be looked at. They ordered the parts they thought it needed and just replaced the parts this week. Not only did that not fix it but now I am looking at having a new transmission put in which is on back order. During this whole time I was lied to about ETA's, about when it was actually in the service shop being worked on and at one point the sales guy even admitted mine got pushed back for another service order. I went down today at the request of the sales guy so I can look at other options and found one I liked. They then had the nerve to tell me that if I went with another vehicle I would have negative equity attached to my new loan even on Cars that are significantly cheaper than the Bronco.
At this point I am beyond frustrated because as a dealership that boost about their "certified pre-owned" cars how the hell was a bad transmission missed before putting this on the lot? You cannot tell me that when they moved this around the lot they didn't feel the transmission slip. Now I am stuck making payments on a car that I had for less than a week with no actual ETA of when the new transmission will be in or fixed. The dealership is unwilling to work with me to resolve this issue or admit any fault. Now I feel stuck. I am obligated to make monthly payments on a car that I cannot drive and will likely not have in my possession for months. If I try to get away from all the bullshit going on with that one they are trying to attach negative equity on the new loan. I am being punished and dealt the shit hand while the dealership faces no repercussions.
You purchased it used? if at 14k miles the transmission went pffft that is a bummer. If not disappointing.
ChuckO

Rank VI

May 19, 2022

Here's a link about the Arizona Law. Seems like you have a valid claim, but you might need a lawyer
https://www.sundevilauto.com/do-you-know-arizonas-lemon-law/
Member # 5650 / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Jonesbald2008

Rank 0

May 20, 2022

You purchased it used? if at 14k miles the transmission went pffft that is a bummer. If not disappointing.
Yes I purchased it used with 14k on the odometer.
ChuckO

Rank 0

May 20, 2022

Here's a link about the Arizona Law. Seems like you have a valid claim, but you might need a lawyer
https://www.sundevilauto.com/do-you-know-arizonas-lemon-law/
I’m in Arkansas. I have already spoke to a lawyer. I was trying to give the dealership a chance to fix it and that was their solution today. Even if they just apologized and admitted fault in this I’d feel better. To top off my day I had another 2021 Bronco sport base as a loaner from them while mine is in the shop but now today they took it back and stuck in a keep compass that needs a whole new front end. Ball joints are so bad it shakes like crazy doing anything over 40. The whole point of me upgrading cars was for our vacation to Atlanta next month. Now I’m not sure what we are going to do. I have non-refundable tickets to the braves and if I don’t have my car back and they don’t allow me to take the loaner I’m not going to be able to go and that’s 1000 dollars in tickets wasted.

Rank 0

May 20, 2022

I’m in Arkansas. I have already spoke to a lawyer. I was trying to give the dealership a chance to fix it and that was their solution today. Even if they just apologized and admitted fault in this I’d feel better. To top off my day I had another 2021 Bronco sport base as a loaner from them while mine is in the shop but now today they took it back and stuck in a keep compass that needs a whole new front end. Ball joints are so bad it shakes like crazy doing anything over 40. The whole point of me upgrading cars was for our vacation to Atlanta next month. Now I’m not sure what we are going to do. I have non-refundable tickets to the braves and if I don’t have my car back and they don’t allow me to take the loaner I’m not going to be able to go and that’s 1000 dollars in tickets wasted.
Jeep compass**

Rank II

May 20, 2022

They took back the loaner even before your car is fixed?

Rank VI

May 20, 2022

Yes I purchased it used with 14k on the odometer.
I missed that part. Hard to say which way this might go. It's not salvage title is it? Wishing you the best, hope you make it to the Brave's game this weekend, they do need some cheering this year
Member # 5650 / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Jonesbald2008

Rank 0

May 21, 2022

They took back the loaner even before your car is fixed?
I missed that part. Hard to say which way this might go. It's not salvage title is it? Wishing you the best, hope you make it to the Brave's game this weekend, they do need some cheering this year
No definitely not a salvage title. I don’t buy salvage title cars.

Rank 0

May 21, 2022

No definitely not a salvage title. I don’t buy salvage title cars.
Yes they took back the loaner before I even have mine back.
Jonesbald2008