Bronco Roof Piece Weights

David
Apr 08, 2021

Rank VI

Apr 08, 2021

Do you have a burning desire to know what the right side front roof panel weighs on a 2-Door Bronco? Yeah, we know you did. Here you go.

*We've been publishing great stuff on our blog, check it out here.
**We put out a daily digest of Bronco stuff here, book mark to stay up to date on great Bronco content.

Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 9.36.55 PM.png

Attachments

Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
mjtermini, Lakesinai
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 08, 2021

Life is a Highway

Apr 08, 2021

Do you have a burning desire to know what the right side front roof panel weighs on a 2-Door Bronco? Yeah, we know you did. Here you go.

**We put out a daily digest of Bronco stuff here, book mark to stay up to date on great Bronco content.

View attachment 11306
Great post @David . This information hopefully will help piece together answers for those who have many questions regarding all of the different roof options!
SaddleUpWild, Steve777468

Rank VI

Apr 08, 2021

Excellent @David Thank you!
Curious! Are these weights for the MIC top? I assume so but it is best to confirm.
Do you have access to the weights for the MOD top pieces as well? I often thought they might be heavier and was a factor in the GVWR concern.
Deano Bronc, SaddleUpWild

No Ragerts

Apr 08, 2021

I am surprised to see how much the soft top weighs (+100 lbs) on the Bronco.

I swapped out my JKU hardtop for my soft top this past weekend and while I don’t know the exact weight it definitely wasn’t more than 30lbs or so.
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)

Rank VI

Apr 08, 2021

Thanks, David. This is great information but certainly not something I normally worry about when I buy a vehicle. But, I am confident there are folks that need the information.
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches

Life is a Highway

Apr 08, 2021

Thanks, David. This is great information but certainly not something I normally worry about when I buy a vehicle. But, I am confident there are folks that need the information.
You are correct about that
SaddleUpWild, Soupcook

Rank V

Apr 08, 2021

Do you have a weight chart that includes the sound deadening headliner? If so, I would appreciate three decimal positions on the numbers :geek:
jakecovert, TK1215

Libations MOD

Apr 08, 2021

Do you have a weight chart that includes the sound deadening headliner? If so, I would appreciate three decimal positions on the numbers :geek:
Front 1/2 = 1.3253 lbs each
Middle on 4dr = 3.0231 lbs additional
Rear 4dr = 6.9143 lbs additional

** These numbers are neither scientific nor true
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
jakecovert, DRWright

Rank V

Apr 08, 2021

Finally!

< 70 lbs for the 4-door cap is great
SaddleUpWild, Bschurr

Rank V

Apr 08, 2021

I think I speak for plenty of us when I say I didn't know I wanted to know but I am glad I know now! :)
Horse with no name...
Race Red Badlands
Lakesinai, Giggles

Rank VI

Apr 08, 2021

Excellent @David Thank you!
Curious! Are these weights for the MIC top? I assume so but it is best to confirm.
Do you have access to the weights for the MOD top pieces as well? I often thought they might be heavier and was a factor in the GVWR concern.
Confirmed, these are for the MIC.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Steve777468, Gutter Clown

Rank 0

Apr 09, 2021

Finally!

< 70 lbs for the 4-door cap is great
Agreed. Those original Bronco tops took 4 guys to move and they were a load.
Buckin', Steve777468

Rank IV

Apr 10, 2021

Any idea how much the painted mod 4 door roof panels weigh? Hoping it doesn’t put me over the GVWH!!!
Outer Banks, 4 Dr, 2.7L, Sasquatch, MOD Hard Top, HD Bumper, Lux Package, Tow, Cloth Navy Pier, Oxford White

Lakesinai

Jun 04, 2021

View attachment 11306
Very nice! I hadn't realized that the 2dr rear cap is bigger than the 4dr rear cap, but it must be, they're about 12 pounds apart!
SC OBX 2021 2.7, High, 4dr, ARB Air, Kuat Rack, Rear Locker, Non-Sas Beach Bronco
TK1215

Lakesinai

Jun 04, 2021

Since I plan to use hardtop pieces for awhile, and not a softtop, its nice to know how much weight I'll be slinging around in the air over the 6' + high vehicle. It looks like the 3 4dr panels will be doable alone, but not the cap . . . And the softtop is heavy! That means, i hope, it's also sturdy!
SC OBX 2021 2.7, High, 4dr, ARB Air, Kuat Rack, Rear Locker, Non-Sas Beach Bronco
TK1215