Bronco Rear Seats

TexasLebenskunstler
Aug 06, 2020

Rank 0

Aug 06, 2020

Did you see this article?

2021 Ford Bronco Rear Seats Don’t Fold Completely Flat

https://fordauthority.com/2020/08/2021-ford-bronco-rear-seats-dont-fold-completely-flat/
Gutter Clown
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 06, 2020

Wank ER

Aug 07, 2020

Disappointing - but says it will be flat with the slide out rear tray. One of many puzzle pieces to this "thing".
2021 FE Cactus Grey

Rank V

Aug 08, 2020

Looks flat enough, I'm not too disappointed by this.
Bronco1984, Bt_ostate

Rank V

Aug 08, 2020

Disappointing - but says it will be flat with the slide out rear tray. One of many puzzle pieces to this "thing".
Unforutunately there will not be a slide-out tray for the 2 door. :(
AcesandEights, Rusty Shackleford

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Aug 08, 2020

That is a major bummer.
AcesandEights

Rank V

Aug 08, 2020

That is a major bummer.
I'm really, really hoping there will be a way to remove the rear seats in the 2-door. That would make a nice square load floor for trips without needing a roof rack.
Bronco1984, 14U

Wank ER

Aug 08, 2020

Yeah - I hear you - but as awesome as the 2 door is, (I would totally be all over it minus 2 kids under 12 and the wife) there is not much space in the back of a 2 door. Even if there was a tray, it would kill that little bit of space and probably only come out a little bit from the bumper.

1596910072970.png
2021 FE Cactus Grey
Bronco_Girl, BroncoMax

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Aug 08, 2020

I'm really, really hoping there will be a way to remove the rear seats in the 2-door. That would make a nice square load floor for trips without needing a roof rack.

I'm taking them out no matter what. I'll never have rear seat passengers in it.There might be options for the slide out tray.I hate buying aftermarket, might have to build it myself.
14U, AcesandEights

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Aug 08, 2020

Amazon is loaded with tail gate table options, I just need a place to tie flies or cleaning guns. So that problem is not a problem any more.
BroncoMax, Roberto

Rank V

Aug 08, 2020

No..... OF COURSE NOT!

Ford is doing a great job of not making me want to buy their new Bronco with all their weird, silly little compromises and design choices. No Manual + Sasquatch, No manual+ V6. No tailgate, no power rear window. No turn assist + manual.
AcesandEights, BroncoMax

RedNexican X Apalacian American: Goofyness!

Aug 10, 2020

I hope the 70/30 split is an independant framework so I can remove one side of it.(probably the 70% side) if its a one piece framework I will have to use brain power to come up with something else.

L.R.

Rank VI

Aug 10, 2020

The price you pay to have side curtain air bags.... would you rather Ford leave out the rear air bags so the seat can be removable? If I have to live with the world's ugliest steering wheel on the 1996 because of Air bags..... I think the New Bronco Owners can deal with non removable rear seats.... Ford did the right thing with non removable seats. At least you can remove the doors …. and that is much nicer than riding without rear seats IMHO

Everything is ultimately removable.... one way or the other.
Margaret, pilonfx

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Aug 26, 2020

The price you pay to have side curtain air bags.... would you rather Ford leave out the rear air bags so the seat can be removable? If I have to live with the world's ugliest steering wheel on the 1996 because of Air bags..... I think the New Bronco Owners can deal with non removable rear seats.... Ford did the right thing with non removable seats. At least you can remove the doors …. and that is much nicer than riding without rear seats IMHO

Everything is ultimately removable.... one way or the other.
No one ever is going to ride in the back of my Bronco. They are a waste of space. The rear seat should have been an option on the 2 door.
14U, AcesandEights

Wank ER

Aug 26, 2020

No one ever is going to ride in the back of my Bronco. They are a waste of space. The rear seat should have been an option on the 2 door.
HA HA - I read it as you were saying that people are a waste of space.... :ROFLMAO:
2021 FE Cactus Grey
14U, Sdakotabronco

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Aug 26, 2020

It could go either way. :p But I meant seats.
14U, Sdakotabronco

Rank V

Aug 30, 2020

If the 2-door can't get the slide out tailgate, then they need to add a real truck gate, not the stupid swing door.
yota85, Bronco V-8

Rank V

Aug 30, 2020

If the 2-door can't get the slide out tailgate, then they need to add a real truck gate, not the stupid swing door.

Rank V

Aug 30, 2020

I wonder how close some first gen parts are. I converted a YJ by useing CJ parts was actually very easy. Also there was some aftermarket company that had parts to turn the original swing gate into a tailgate.
Rusty Shackleford

Rank V

Aug 30, 2020

I'm all about this new Bronco, but I do agree it is weird to me how Ford went to Jeep people and asked what their biggest complaints are, yet didn't think you know people may not like this or that with some of the optioning and way they are setting things up with the Bronco. I personally will probably never get the two door. I like the extra room plus I have kids, but I think they are making a mistake by not making the two door as capable if not more capable than the four door as that is the closest to the original. Ford knows though they are going to probably sell more four doors than two doors and they are in business to make money so I get it, just unfortunate they couldn't give the real enthusiasts who are going to drive this what they want. We will see how things develop and evolve over the next five years. They may change things as they get complaints and/or feedback from all of us. That is what is great about this forum though is it gives Ford a way to look at what we want and fix it.
Deano Bronc, Jakob1972

Rank V

Aug 30, 2020

On the 66-77 you could order it with the driver seat only lol.

The slide out table isn't a deal breaker for me, I'm just happy that it's actually happening, is going to be capable and will have air conditioning!
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22
Sdakotabronco, TorgSurv