Bronco Quick Reference Guide

David
Feb 26, 2021

Rank VI

Feb 26, 2021

Checkout the Quick Reference Guide for Bronco! Let's see if what the Bronco enthusiast fact checkers have to say about this one.

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...021-Bronco-QRG-Version-1_QG_EN_US_03_2021.pdf

711D657E-7D7B-4A3C-B1E3-147EC49BB07A.jpeg

Attachments

Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Cliffhanger, gibsBRonCO

Rank VI

Feb 26, 2021

Here's a different version from out in the community that might be a bit easier to read:

bigbend4J, gibsBRonCO

Rank VI

Feb 26, 2021

@David
Just a quick observation on page 2 – Voice Interaction

An example is given for climate control. “Set the temperature to 65 degrees.” Someone may want to test this example. Some systems will hear “Set the temperature 265 degrees.” And will tell you that can not be done. Many systems prefer that you state, “Set the temperature 65 degrees.” Just do not forget to configure the system for degrees Fahrenheit.
Steve777468, Slownstddy

Rank VI

Feb 26, 2021

@David

An example is given for climate control. “Set the temperature to 65 degrees.” Someone may want to test this example. Some systems will hear “Set the temperature 265 degrees.” And will tell you that can not be done. Many systems prefer that you state, “Set the temperature 65 degrees.” Just do not forget to configure the system for degrees Fahrenheit.
Good point. This time of year though. I'm tempted to set my temp to 265. :LOL:
Steve777468, Jakob1972

Rank VI

Feb 26, 2021

@David
Completed a first past review. Nice! Just a few observations/comments listed below.

First off, kudos on the playlists displayed via the QR code on page 20. Nice!

On page 7 regarding the Auto-Start-Stop. The line states, “Deactivating the feature lasts only one key cycle.” I interpret that to mean I must press that button each time I start the engine if my goal is to deactivate the feature. (If true, seems cumbersome.)

I like how the dynamic and static load limits are stated in common terminology on page 23!

Page 26 refers to the “MyKey” feature as outlined in the Owner’s Manual. Need to understand this feature. Sounds interesting! Any idea when the online manual will be available?

I was hoping to read something about “Trail Maps”.

Also, was hoping to read something about the “Bring Your Own Device”.
Steve777468, Bronc96

No Ragerts

Feb 26, 2021

5 years of Roadside Assistance, nice!

I just hope we don’t need it tho! :ROFLMAO:
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
ResidualGenius, Steve777468

Rank V

Feb 27, 2021

5 years of Roadside Assistance, nice!

I just hope we don’t need it tho! :ROFLMAO:
Hmm, what about "Off Road Assistance"?:giggle:
4 Door Badlands: Carbonized Gray, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Towing Package, 35" Tires ETC
TyFitzO, KennyMac

Rank VI

Feb 27, 2021

Nice to see confirmation on page 14 that Baja mode can run in 2H! We all suspected it, but this is the first time I have seen it written.
Steve777468, Rgwinn

Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 27, 2021

@David

Oh how I loath voice interaction. I end up calling it all kinds of not so nice names.
Sandusky70, TK1215

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Feb 27, 2021

@David

A smart system should know that temp would be incorrect and set it to 65 . I've never run into that issue but then again my Google home system does what it wants sometimes :)
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
Jakob1972, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Feb 27, 2021

It looks like the "Wake up" phrase might be "OK Ford". Interesting!

Ford Adds Wake Word and Simultaneous Platform Support to SYNC 4 Voice Assistant - Voicebot.ai
Rgwinn, Jakob1972

Moab or bust!!!

Feb 27, 2021

On page 16, it mentions paddle shifters. I've never heard that mentioned before.

One thing I didn't realize is you can't lock your front differential except in 4 low. I guess it makes sense that you wouldn't want it on going down the road, but are there other circumstances that you might want it in 4H such as playing around at the sand dunes? Just curious.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Steve777468, Rgwinn

Bandit_2021_bronco

Feb 27, 2021

So will all of our new Bronco models be a “Connected vehicle” as discussed on page 10 ?
2 Door Black Diamond / Shadow Black / BN #337 - 7/13/20 reservation - 7/13/21 blend date
Delivered 10/19/2021
Instagram

Rank VI

Feb 27, 2021

A smart system should know that temp would be incorrect and set it to 65 . I've never run into that issue but then again my Google home system does what it wants sometimes :)

The challenge with the Google Assistant has been the need for precision in how commands are given. For single commands that can be a pain in the neck. Where Google truly shines is in the function of Routines. It is too early to tell if Ford will enable them within their Sync 4, but I hope so. Buyers might enjoy routines such as, “Off to Work” and “Heading Home”. Sync 4 would not only set your navigation with traffic alerts, your weather, calendar, audio, and climate. It would reach out to your home thermostat, lighting, audio, coffee maker, etc. I use routines all the time. It eliminates the need for structured language since the commands are all pre-set in Google.
Rydfree

Rank VI

Feb 27, 2021

On page 16, it mentions paddle shifters. I've never heard that mentioned before.

One thing I didn't realize is you can't lock your front differential except in 4 low. I guess it makes sense that you wouldn't want it on going down the road, but are there other circumstances that you might want it in 4H such as playing around at the sand dunes? Just curious.

It is thought the "paddle shifters" were a cut-and-paste error during document creation.

I suspect buyers will learn how the GOAT modes adjust for variations from the black-and-white statements in the guide. Time will tell.

I think if I were towing a camper straight up a gravel trail, I would engage the front locker. But in that example, I would be in 4L with the rear locker engaged. I will admit, I do not see many sand dunes. ;)

(Recently I was digging into the actions recommended at an off-road playground in Pennsylvania. They want all drivers to use 4L when on their course. Fascinating!)
Steve777468, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Feb 27, 2021

Problem with locking the front differential is steering, with it locked your ability to maneuver is limited, you will still have 4WD, in Baja/Sand mode, just not locked, and it looks like it does not lock the rear differential automatically in Baja mode, probably allowing for more speed over traction.
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
Steve777468, Rydfree

Rank VI

Feb 28, 2021

Which blue is on the cover? Velocity Blue?

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 8.34.57 PM.png
A big square Lightening Blue FE with puffy tires.....and a CB antenna for good measure! ;-)

Rank 0

Feb 28, 2021

Ford always likes to showcase stuff you can't actually have....that's LB
Steve777468, Broncofly

Rank III

Apr 06, 2021

Nice to see confirmation on page 14 that Baja mode can run in 2H! We all suspected it, but this is the first time I have seen it written.
Donuts!
Deano Bronc, Hobgoblin

Rank V

Apr 07, 2021

So much "new" tech that I am not even sure I will use coming from a 96' 2door tahoe! Just can't wait to be off the road trying out all the features.
Horse with no name...
Race Red Badlands
14U, Deano Bronc