Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
Guadalupe River State Park TX, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

I am only changing to the BL because this will now be the wife’s car and she wants the high pkg and 7-speed. Only leaves me one option. I do like the BD it is the best bang for you buck in my opinion. It is comparable to the Willis in the J**p world you get most of the goodies as the Badlands but save some $$.

TXArchitect

Rank VI

Champion I

Sep 16, 2020
Cibolo, TX, USA
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Brittain
Member #

I am only changing to the BL because this will now be the wife’s car and she wants the high pkg and 7-speed. Only leaves me one option. I do like the BD it is the best bang for you buck in my opinion. It is comparable to the Willis in the J**p world you get most of the goodies as the Badlands but save some $$.
I reserved a BD just for those reasons. Bang for the buck while keeping that budget number within reach.

Bronc96

Rank VI

Champion I

Jul 11, 2020
Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Henderson
Member #

What is the Black Diamond Front Locker or Rear Locker that is mentioned here?
Electronic locking differential (locks axles together for low traction situations like mud or rock crawling) that is engaged by one of the Hero Switches on the dash. Some trim levels come with the rear standard like BD and some have both front and rear standard like BL. Sasquatch will add both regardless of trim level.

Claycourtney

Rank 0

Advocate II

Dec 28, 2020
Pittsboro, IN, USA
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Courtney
Electronic locking differential (locks axles together for low traction situations like mud or rock crawling) that is engaged by one of the Hero Switches on the dash. Some trim levels come with the rear standard like BD and some have both front and rear standard like BL. Sasquatch will add both regardless of trim level.
Thanks!

Reactions: Commodore

Broncadonk MKG

Rank IV

Advocate III

Dec 23, 2020
Manhattan, KS, USA
First Name
Mikayla
Last Name
Gentine
Member #

Any idea how easy the washout floors will be to “patch” when I take the rear seats out? I’m planning on a 2-dr BD and the rear seats will just get in my way. I’m hoping they’ll be as easy to remove as my old 1988 FSB. Granted, I just covered the holes with FlexSeal tape to match the rest of that beautiful beast. I plan on treating this one more respectfully because it’s not coming rotted in rust in neglect like my poor old 88. Maybe an aftermarket accessory will be a seat delete vinyl floor mat?

Hkak45

Rank V

Supporter III

Sep 11, 2020
Illinois, USA
First Name
Harold
Last Name
Kilowaski
Member #

This is definitely on top of my list for models! I love that it has the washout interior with MGV and I can get it without all the bells and whistles. Just need a locker and MGV to make me happy this checks those boxes.

tracythemighty

Rank II

Advocate III

Jul 15, 2020
Cincinnati, OH, USA
First Name
Tracy
Last Name
D
I've ended up coming full circle. A 4 door Black Diamond is what I reserved, and have been all over the place on what trim and options I wanted.

After seeing some recent pictures of the stock Black Diamond and the interior I decided that I can live without the High Package and even the Sasquatch. I'm even starting to like the standard lights more than the Signature ones. Black Diamond it is! (Unless I change my mind again)
I know the feeling!