Well, she’s an off-road vehicle now!

3Dogs
Aug 13, 2023

Rank VI

Aug 13, 2023

I’ve been doing some easy trails, but today I went out and managed to put “Arizona Pinstriping” on both sides of my Bronco from some Manzanita.
I think it will buff out, but if not - that just means the more challenging trails are next!
Bluestreak57, Darrel
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2023

I trust the dirt

Aug 13, 2023

AZ is good for that. I pin stripped earlier this year and hopefully won't do too much come November. At what point do you just say...it's an off road truck....the first is always the hardest. Hopefully it will buff. I feel for you dude. Glad you are using it as it is meant to be.
23 Bronco Raptor, code orange belts, keyless, lux, leather trim/suede seats, carbon fibre, shadow black
Jakob1972, Deano Bronc

No Ragerts

Aug 13, 2023

The first scratch is always the hardest but IYKYK (people respect that on an off road rig). 😀
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Darrel, EGBronco

Rank 0

Aug 13, 2023

Congratulations!!!!

I am a bit obnoxious about my vehicle care. I keep telling myself to enjoy the Bronco for its/my intended use…..off-road adventure!!!!
Bschurr is spot on!
Darrel, Jakob1972

Rank V

Aug 13, 2023

New England backroads and trails are foliage-dense: overgrown greenery in abundance. I ordered MekMagnet body armor, but it didn't arrive in time for my last foray into the woods, and I came back with a few light souvenirs I hope will buff out (as they say). So I have MekMagnet still in the delivery roll, and am looking forward to putting it on for a trip up to Vermont. If you're not familiar with it:

https://www.mekmagnet.com/collections/ford-bronco

But since I haven't used it, I can't endorse it.

Don't forget mudflaps to protect your lower sides!
Darrel, EGBronco

Rank IV

Aug 15, 2023

Congratulations!!!!

I am a bit obnoxious about my vehicle care. I keep telling myself to enjoy the Bronco for its/my intended use…..off-road adventure!!!!
Bschurr is spot on!

Agree... the scratches would be SO hard for me to overlook 😫
Darrel, Deano Bronc

BYOB… Bring your own Bronco!

Aug 15, 2023

Same. None as of yet. I remember after i bought my JT that one of our outdoor cats try to climb in the driver’s window and missed. Left scratches down the side. Only had 2 weeks when that happened. Not gonna say what I wanted to do and didn’t do. 🤣 . 🐎
2023 Wildtrak, sas, mid, soft top. Not crazy offroader…. Just a normal trail junkie
Darrel, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Aug 15, 2023

I got my first scratch a week into ownership...and it wasn't even off road, it was in my driveway--parked. The damn neighbor decided to trim a bush that was right beside my Bronco, and while cleaning up his branches, he ran a couple of them down the passenger door. So I watched a few videos of scratch repair, bought a DA polisher and supplies...had it buffed out in about 90 mins. Was very satisfying to repair it myself instead of paying 150 or so to have a shop detail it.
22 BB 4dr SAS 2.7 Mid Pkg Hot Pepper Red, Delivered 8/25
Previous 2019 F150 Ruby Red SCrew 3.5 Eco, XLT Sport/FX4 302A
Darrel, BostonBadlands

Rank IV

Aug 15, 2023

Welllllll since we're sharing Bronco Bruises ...
After sixty days of ownership--- a rock hit my windshield on 95 ... It spread cross that windshield like WILDFIRE.

Never mind my windshield is tinted and you couldn't see the crack from the outside .. I couldn't STAND IT - Did a silent cry inside every time I had to stare at it 😫 .... Complained EVERY single day till that windshield was ummmm replaced... two weeks later...

The husband was super happy it was replaced.... and I even nagged that I wanted a FORD windshield ... I know I know ---
Was HILAROUS when they came to fix it ... The tech was like " Your husband asked that I confirm it's a genuine FORD windshield from Michigan" I couldn't stop laffin...

Anywho... Apparently a common issue with both Bronco and Jeep windshields... UGH!!
Darrel, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Aug 15, 2023

I got my first scratch a week into ownership...and it wasn't even off road, it was in my driveway--parked. The damn neighbor decided to trim a bush that was right beside my Bronco, and while cleaning up his branches, he ran a couple of them down the passenger door. So I watched a few videos of scratch repair, bought a DA polisher and supplies...had it buffed out in about 90 mins. Was very satisfying to repair it myself instead of paying 150 or so to have a shop detail it.

What products did you use?

Rank V

Aug 15, 2023

What products did you use?

Meguires Ultimate Compound for removing/blending the scratch and then their Ultimate Polish for the final pass. In fact did the whole truck with the polish, after a quick pass with a claybar, with a rinse, and followed with their Hybrid Ceramic wax.
22 BB 4dr SAS 2.7 Mid Pkg Hot Pepper Red, Delivered 8/25
Previous 2019 F150 Ruby Red SCrew 3.5 Eco, XLT Sport/FX4 302A
Deano Bronc, Chief Ron

Gladesmen

Aug 15, 2023

Don't forget mudflaps to protect your lower sides!

They might protect more than just your lower sides. I have a rock chip near the top of the door from the Goodyears spitting out rocks.
But I knew it was going to happen. I am fine with a little character. I can live with chips and pin stripes I cannot live with door dings. I still park my 15yo 1/2 million mile car in the one parking spot that no one can park on either side of me way out in our parking lot at the office. and our parking lot is fairly empty.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Deano Bronc, 615_Bronco

Rank IV

Aug 15, 2023

They might protect more than just your lower sides. I have a rock chip near the top of the door from the Goodyears spitting out rocks.
But I knew it was going to happen. I am fine with a little character. I can live with chips and pin stripes I cannot live with door dings. I still park my 15yo 1/2 million mile car in the one parking spot that no one can park on either side of me way out in our parking lot at the office. and our parking lot is fairly empty.

Super funny @ 1/2 million mile car
I can NOT live w dings and dents ... Agree!
Jakob1972, Chief Ron

Gladesmen

Aug 17, 2023

Super funny @ 1/2 million mile car
I can NOT live w dings and dents ... Agree!

Yeah I don’t even wash it. I never wanted to get attached to the car because it was just a throw away vehicle I thought, it would be a miracle if it made it 5 years. And I tried being nice and washed it three weeks ago mostly trying to make it rain and the darn car wash ripped my antenna right off. Now I can’t see myself without the stupid thing. I have put less than $4000 in maintenance on the thing in the 15 years I have had it. That is oil changes a new alternator and belt at 347k and a new motor and ECU at 356k.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Darrel, MWNew

Rank IV

Aug 17, 2023

Yeah I don’t even wash it. I never wanted to get attached to the car because it was just a throw away vehicle I thought, it would be a miracle if it made it 5 years. And I tried being nice and washed it three weeks ago mostly trying to make it rain and the darn car wash ripped my antenna right off. Now I can’t see myself without the stupid thing. I have put less than $4000 in maintenance on the thing in the 15 years I have had it. That is oil changes a new alternator and belt at 347k and a new motor and ECU at 356k.

Nothing wrong with a beater car... Every household should have one if ya ask me
We had one ..Our kid1 sent ours to it's COMPLETE grave ... 😩
Miss that ride ...
Deano Bronc, Darrel

Rank 0

Aug 18, 2023

I'm proud of you! It takes true a Bronco owner to use these machines for what they were designed. Wear it as a badge of honor! Others can just trade theirs in for a Mustang.
Darrel, 3Dogs

No Ragerts

Aug 19, 2023

I'm proud of you! It takes true a Bronco owner to use these machines for what they were designed. Wear it as a badge of honor! Others can just trade theirs in for a Mustang.

Use it or lose it, baby!
IMG_4150.jpeg
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Deano Bronc, 615_Bronco

Tennessee Bound!!

Sep 03, 2023

Welllllll since we're sharing Bronco Bruises ...
After sixty days of ownership--- a rock hit my windshield on 95 ... It spread cross that windshield like WILDFIRE.

Never mind my windshield is tinted and you couldn't see the crack from the outside .. I couldn't STAND IT - Did a silent cry inside every time I had to stare at it 😫 .... Complained EVERY single day till that windshield was ummmm replaced... two weeks later...

The husband was super happy it was replaced.... and I even nagged that I wanted a FORD windshield ... I know I know ---
Was HILAROUS when they came to fix it ... The tech was like " Your husband asked that I confirm it's a genuine FORD windshield from Michigan" I couldn't stop laffin...

Anywho... Apparently a common issue with both Bronco and Jeep windshields... UGH!!

Rock hit my windshield just about a 1/4” from the bottom underneath the wiper about 120 days in. The crack grows a little everyday I drive it, about half way up now. Did you go to Ford to get the genuine replacement or were you able to go to some place like Safelite and get a genuine replacement? I really want the original as well. I love the “Bronco EST 1966” on the driver side of the windshield.

Attachments

‘23 Hot Pepper Red Wildtrak 2.7L-V6 4 dr. MIC Sas Lux and Lovin’ it!!
timhood, 615_Bronco

No Ragerts

Sep 03, 2023

Rock hit my windshield just about a 1/4” from the bottom underneath the wiper about 120 days in. The crack grows a little everyday I drive it, about half way up now. Did you go to Ford to get the genuine replacement or were you able to go to some place like Safelite and get a genuine replacement? I really want the original as well. I love the “Bronco EST 1966” on the driver side of the windshield.

I replaced my windshield via Safelite (early 2022) and it appears identical to the OEM glass it replaced.
MWNew, Darrel

🐎Moab bound🐎

Sep 03, 2023

NM pinstripping and rock rash!
1. Both bring back fun memories when I see them.
2. Let's others know that you do not treat it as a pavement princess or mall crawler.
3. And just plain sexy, imho.IMHO.

This is also the reason I have not done any kind of graphics on it or painted the bead lock ready rings.
Hi y'all, Lauri here and I am the proud owner of a MY21 Badlands, SAS, 2.7 auto, 4 door, soft top, Cactus Gray, no reservation, ordered 9/11/21, Took delivery 1/8/22!
Bschurr, Deano Bronc