Are your door hinges painted?

the poacher
Aug 12, 2023

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Aug 12, 2023

Hi all,
I have had my doors off a few times now, and my door hinges are not fully painted. This seems strange as the Bronco is designed to have the doors off, and yet it gives my Bronco an unfinished look to it.
My question to all of you, is this how your door hinges look?
Let me know, and if mine are not like the majority, i.e., painted I will be going to visit my dearler and get them to paint them.
Thanks for your insights!

Deano Bronc, Chief Ron
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2023

Rank IV

Aug 12, 2023

OCD... (no flame meant).

Just go to Autozone and get a can of color-match auto paint. Tape off the areas you don't want overspray to hit and take care of it yourself. I think the dealership folks will laugh at you (behind your back) - if that matters to you.
Rydfree

BYOB… Bring your own Bronco!

Aug 12, 2023

Hi all,
I have had my doors off a few times now, and my door hinges are not fully painted. This seems strange as the Bronco is designed to have the doors off, and yet it gives my Bronco an unfinished look to it.
My question to all of you, is this how your door hinges look?
Let me know, and if mine are not like the majority, i.e., painted I will be going to visit my dearler and get them to paint them.
Thanks for your insights!

I have not had my doors off but i used an inspection mirror and a light. It appears mine are painted but is somewhat difficult to get a good look even w/ mirror due to the shadow. 🐎
2023 Wildtrak, sas, mid, soft top. Not crazy offroader…. Just a normal trail junkie
the poacher

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Aug 12, 2023

OCD... (no flame meant).

Just go to Autozone and get a can of color-match auto paint. Tape off the areas you don't want overspray to hit and take care of it yourself. I think the dealership folks will laugh at you (behind your back) - if that matters to you.

Ha, no flame taken.
Unfortunately the Cyber Orange is not an easy paint to match. If the majority of hinges are painted, then Ford f*cked up, and I will have them paint it for free, and get a professional job done too.
I am not worried about them laughing behind my back, I have dealt with them for years, and they treat me very well. They always provide a loaner, set up a booking date within the week, and the turn around will be two days.
Deano Bronc, OrangecrushBronco

Rank IV

Aug 12, 2023

Ha, no flame taken.
Unfortunately the Cyber Orange is not an easy paint to match. If the majority of hinges are painted, then Ford f*cked up, and I will have them paint it for free, and get a professional job done too.
I am not worried about them laughing behind my back, I have dealt with them for years, and they treat me very well. They always provide a loaner, set up a booking date within the week, and the turn around will be two days.

I found Cyber Orange on Touchup direct.com. 10 aerosol can $72; a bit Pricy. I'm not sure it's a f'up by Ford. It's an internal body panel. I doubt there is a paint coverage spec for the hinges. I doubt Ford will warranty it, if that is what you are after.
Chief Ron

🐘🐘 RTR 🐘🐘

Aug 12, 2023

Ha, no flame taken.

Mine are painted, I would take it to your dealership! They repainted my fuel door under warranty for paint being lighter on it than the rest of the truck. I bet they will take care of you. I have Eruption Green and it’s also a hard color to match and they matched it really well!
Chief Ron

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Aug 12, 2023

I found Cyber Orange on Touchup direct.com. 10 aerosol can $72; a bit Pricy. I'm not sure it's a f'up by Ford. It's an internal body panel. I doubt there is a paint coverage spec for the hinges. I doubt Ford will warranty it, if that is what you are after.

That is indeed what I am after. I have received responses from Bronco owners on the other forum, stating that their hinges are fully painted. I will be visiting my dealership next week and will advise you of their response. As the doors are designed to come off, I do not believe that unpainted hinges are intended.

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Aug 12, 2023

Remember the Bronco was built by "professionals ".
A lot of body shop paint looks like crap or you end up with overspray all over you vehicle. Of course that can be buffed out and swirls put in the clearcoat. You usually end up with more harm than good down the road.
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
Eninty

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Aug 13, 2023

Remember the Bronco was built by "professionals ".
A lot of body shop paint looks like crap or you end up with overspray all over you vehicle. Of course that can be buffed out and swirls put in the clearcoat. You usually end up with more harm than good down the road.

Hey Rydfree,
Some body shops will do less than a good job, although in this case, the hinges are easily removed, and then painted, and placed back on the Bronco, so that will no be an issue. I will take it in next week and see what the dealership has to say. From my perspective, this is not acceptable. But then, that is just me... 😁

Rank V

Aug 14, 2023

As long as I own the Bronco my doors will not come off, so don't really care. Buy some paint and paint them. Maybe a lemon law claim can be filed.

Aug 14, 2023

As long as I own the Bronco my doors will not come off, so don't really care. Buy some paint and paint them. Maybe a lemon law claim can be filed.

Lemon law filed over paint on a door hinge , really ?
I'd suggest a class action lawsuit instead.
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
Eninty, the poacher

Rank IV

Aug 14, 2023

So a body shop is going to setup a spray booth, mix up a batch of cyber orange paint, tape up the Bronco to spray 0.3 ounce of paint on 4 hinges? And under warranty?

Hummmm...

🐘🐘 RTR 🐘🐘

Aug 14, 2023

So a body shop is going to setup a spray booth, mix up a batch of cyber orange paint, tape up the Bronco to spray 0.3 ounce of paint on 4 hinges? And under warranty?

Hummmm...

They did for my fuel door, all covered under warranty! Although they were supposed to save me some paint for touch up and they forgot.
the poacher, Gyoja

Rank IV

Aug 14, 2023

They did for my fuel door, all covered under warranty! Although they were supposed to save me some paint for touch up and they forgot.

Okay, but what were the circumstances? Usually a body shop will wait to do small paint jobs when they can combine the work with a larger repair job when the same color is scheduled in the paint booth.

🐘🐘 RTR 🐘🐘

Aug 14, 2023

Okay, but what were the circumstances? Usually a body shop will wait to do small paint jobs when they can combine the work with a larger repair job when the same color is scheduled in the paint booth.

No idea what else they painted that day but I was able to drop it off when I had time…they were very accommodating.
Gyoja, Chief Ron

BYOB… Bring your own Bronco!

Aug 14, 2023

If u watch the video on youtube that BN done for door removal, the hinges on the rig they used were painted. 🐎
2023 Wildtrak, sas, mid, soft top. Not crazy offroader…. Just a normal trail junkie
the poacher, Gyoja

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Aug 15, 2023

Hummmm...

Eninty,
That is exactly what I expect them to do. I will let you know how they respond when I go in to see them this week. Fingers crossed of course...

Formerly True

Aug 15, 2023

Reminds me that the back hatch door isn't fully painted. If you remove the black plastic cover to add a fold down table it isn't fully painted behind it.20230815_052140.jpg
Chief Ron

Rank IV

Aug 15, 2023

Reminds me that the back hatch door isn't fully painted. If you remove the black plastic cover to add a fold down table it isn't fully painted behind it.20230815_052140.jpg
Remove the interior panels you'll find the same thing. Corrosion protection is not provided by the surface color paint.

Aug 15, 2023

The fixture has to attach somewhere to hold the part during the painting process. Choosing a location that will be covered by trim seems logical.
Eninty, Chief Ron