leaking hardtop side window

adakfire
Aug 05, 2023

Rank 0

Aug 05, 2023

So I was washing my 22 BL 2 door hartop the other day, washing by hand in a car wash. as I was rinsing I noticed water on the inside of the drivers side window on the hartop. I opened up the back to make sure it was just the window and not the hardtop itself, which ended up being the case. (WHEW) . Called a local dealership, told them the problem and they got me in within a couple of days. When the tech showed me a picture of the window when it was out it looked like there wasn't hardly any sealant applied to the window at all (see picture) I really dont know how it stayed in this long, as I've had it only 6 months and 6K miles. No word on the other side but will keep an eye on it for sure.

Other than that I'm loving everything about it, hoping to take off the hardtop for a couple sunny days!!
615_Bronco, Roughstock11
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 05, 2023

BYOB… Bring your own Bronco!

Aug 05, 2023

So I was washing my 22 BL 2 door hartop the other day, washing by hand in a car wash. as I was rinsing I noticed water on the inside of the drivers side window on the hartop. I opened up the back to make sure it was just the window and not the hardtop itself, which ended up being the case. (WHEW) . Called a local dealership, told them the problem and they got me in within a couple of days. When the tech showed me a picture of the window when it was out it looked like there wasn't hardly any sealant applied to the window at all (see picture) I really dont know how it stayed in this long, as I've had it only 6 months and 6K miles. No word on the other side but will keep an eye on it for sure.

Other than that I'm loving everything about it, hoping to take off the hardtop for a couple sunny days!!

Glad to hear it was a quick fix and the service department took good care of you. 🐎
2023 Wildtrak, sas, mid, soft top. Not crazy offroader…. Just a normal trail junkie
615_Bronco, Roughstock11

A Zero Forever

Aug 05, 2023

This is the issue with assembly lines. Hopefully the guy who didn't do his job was eventually caught and re-trained.
2023 4-Door Badlands | V6 | Carbonized Gray Metallic + MIC Hardtop | 334A/Lux + Leather | Tow + 33" Shoes w/Optional Wheels + Capable Bumper
Reserved: 08.02.21 | Ordered: 10.29.22 | Build Week: 03.09.23 | Delivered to Dealership: 03.14.23 | Picked-Up: 03.25.23
615_Bronco, Roughstock11

Rank II

Aug 05, 2023

“You had one job to do!”
BN1, Chief Ron

Rank IV

Sep 17, 2023

Glad your dealership took care of it .. and quickly.