Heads up! 2023 Bronco order banks CLOSE Aug 10th

RagnarKon
Aug 01, 2023

Burrito Connoisseur

Aug 01, 2023

Heads up for anyone on the fence about ordering a Bronco. The 2023 model year order banks close August 10th. So if you want to get your order in before the 2024 price increases, I'd definitely act sooner rather than later.

While exact dates have not yet been announced, 2023MY scheduling should wrap up late September into early October, with the final 2023MY orders rolling off the production line mid-November.

---

The opening for 2024 order banks has not yet been announced publicly by Ford (current rumors are Aug 14th), but is expected to occur late summer 2024, with builds starting in November.

Anyone have any predictions for 2024 Bronco??

I'm expecting Everglades to be cut from the lineup, and I am really hoping the manual transmission makes a comeback. But other than that, I'm not sure what Ford will do. I personally wouldn't mind if 2024 is a catch-up year where Ford stabilizes production and finally introduces long-promised options like the shadow black modular hard top. But I would not at all be surprised if they try to introduce another special trim like they did with the Free Wheeling trim on the Bronco Sport.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
TK1215, Deano Bronc
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Aug 01, 2023

great insight, as always, Ragnar. The Bronco community has a huge asset in you!

I agree on Everglades, though it pains me. I wasn't thrilled with it in the beginning due to some of the restrictions on it (mainly engine and 4-door) but I've developed a soft spot for it. The rare ones out there are fun to see on the road, and I'm sad more people who wanted them didn't get a chance to have one.

We're still waiting on that Oates edition ...
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
TK1215, Deano Bronc

Burrito Connoisseur

Aug 01, 2023

We're still waiting on that Oates edition ...

Ohh... I forgot about that. Wonder if that's ever coming to fruition or if it was an idea that never went anywhere.

Those of you going to Woodward should let us all know if they reveal something during Woodward. I'm guessing we'll get info short after the order banks close (either that Friday the 11th, or Monday the 14th). OR... they'll stay silent until Woodward.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon

I am of Scottish decent and I ride a Unicorn.

Jan 06, 2024

I am really surprised you guys have not figured this one out.... The Oates addition that is....

Pretty obvious to me. What do you feed a Bronco? Grasses/hay = Gasoline

Oats = Electric add the "E" just to make sure everybody gets it...

They needed a few E4J test mules. Therefore they had to have a few VINS with the new "E4J"

Jeep has and electric hybrid and Ford has Jeep in their target sites.

You do not see any because, well they are test mules.
JawnyBronco

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jan 06, 2024

With the trend toward hybrids Ford would be making a big mistake to rush into an electric bronco.Ford loses money on every EV it sells and can't sustain the loss.

I am of Scottish decent and I ride a Unicorn.

Jan 06, 2024

With the trend toward hybrids Ford would be making a big mistake to rush into an electric bronco.Ford loses money on every EV it sells and can't sustain the loss.

I do not disagree.... but there was much speculation about an Oates/E4J VIN option listed on the 2023 Ford submission to the Government... There were a lot of "possibility sightings" which looked like a heritage but with Black instead of white...

They may well have Been Oates mules BUT I am suggesting... I think Oates is code for an electric hybrid to compete with the Jeep Hybrid...

I am making no judgment as to the viability of such a vehicle.... I am just suggesting that the E4J probably was for test mules during 2023 AND that I believe Oates is a code word for Electric... Because Oates is a possible feed for a Bronco....

That is all... Viable or not? Now? later? not my bailiwick.
JawnyBronco