Discovered This by Accident - - How about you?

BroncOitis
Oct 09, 2023

🗻🏔️🏜️38°33'14.1"N 109°32'04.7"W🏜️🏔️🗻

Oct 09, 2023

NOTICE:
Some areas contain Bronco Easter Eggs that have been posted…..

Turn Around, if you don’t want them Found!!!

We all know some of the little secrets that the Bronco holds….
Most of us know where the different Easter Eggs are located throughout the Bronco, most of us know that when unlocking our Broncos and when you want to open the windows at the same time, to push the unlock button again but hold it this time for 3 to 5 seconds and it will roll all the windows down.

EDITED:
I believe you must have Mid Package or higher for the windows to roll down with key fob, not confirmed yet!!!

Another secret that probably not as many know like the windows rolling down, is when your Key Fob has a dead battery and you use your key that’s within the key fob to get inside the Bronco, “well how do you start it” simple, pull all the junk out of your center arm console and remove the rubber bottom, there you will notice an area where your Key Fob will lay inside the bottom of the console, just place your key there and your vehicle will start…..
Finally the one I discovered by accident…..
I have not seen this anywhere so far on Bronco Nation about this little discovery that I found purely by accident.
While wiping down the interior of my Bronco after a very dusty Drummond Island trip, I accidentally pushed the Volume Button on the Radio, long and behold the Radio turned on and this was without my key fob with me.
I have always during the summer went out to my Bronco for lunch to listen to the radio, I have always just pushed the start button once, turned off my lights, and left it on that way so I can listen for the half hour that it stays on.
We all know if you turn it off with the doors closed the radio will stay on (preset amount) 10 minutes and then goes out, and if your doors are open it will shut off instantly.
Now without hitting anything, other than unlocking your doors, jump in with or without the doors open and just hit the power button on the radios volume control, only the radio and the infotainment center turns on and I believe it stays on for approximately 20 minutes.
I am not sure if there’s a preset time that can be adjusted or not, I haven’t seen anything yet in the infotainment center, plus you can also turn off the infotainment screen at any time, so this will leave you with little power being consumed while your listening to the radio.
This especially works well when your significant other is being dropped off at a grocery store and you’re waiting to pick them up, you can listen to the radio for a longer set time, just by hitting the power button on the radio.
Maybe everyone knows about this, “but I didn’t, and I thought it was something worth sharing with everyone.”

Well now it’s your turn!
Has anybody else discovered anything that may, or may not be new to all of us, or even something that you haven’t seen before, but you think everyone has, so you don’t post it!!!
Because I guarantee there are some of us out there that don’t know about the couple of gems I’ve posted, and they’re just finding out about it now…..
*632* Days to get A 2021 - 2022 -
2023 Big Bend - 2 Door 2.3L Velocity Blue, Squatched, Mid package, Running Boards, Roof Rack, and Engine Block heater.
Unicorn, Kenneth
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Oct 09, 2023

Never heard of this one, @BroncOitis! Thanks for posting about it. I always unlock my Bronco by having the key on me and pulling the door handle without hitting the fob, but I'll admit it took me disturbingly long (mid-way through this year, watching @Mikes2021Bronco) to realize you could lock it by having the key on you and putting your finger on the lock icon on the door handle. So what's obvious to some is definitely not obvious to all 😅
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
rws, josiefoshow

Oct 09, 2023

Never heard of this one, @BroncOitis! Thanks for posting about it. I always unlock my Bronco by having the key on me and pulling the door handle without hitting the fob, but I'll admit it took me disturbingly long (mid-way through this year, watching @Mikes2021Bronco) to realize you could lock it by having the key on you and putting your finger on the lock icon on the door handle. So what's obvious to some is definitely not obvious to all 😅

I played around and discovered it also, however I did not know that when unlocking the rear swing gate, that it does not unlock the doors.
I discovered this when I told Donna just get in and I’ll put the groceries away, and she let me know that she couldn’t get in, “it’s locked” all I came up with was “ooops.” 😕
2023 Big Bend - 2 Door 2.3L Velocity Blue, Squatched, Mid package, Running Boards, Roof Rack, and Engine Block heater.
josiefoshow, Ditchrunner

Gladesmen

Oct 09, 2023

I played around and discovered it also, however I did not know that when unlocking the rear swing gate, that it does not unlock the doors.
I discovered this when I told Donna just get in and I’ll put the groceries away, and she let me know that she couldn’t get in, “it’s locked” all I came up with was “ooops.” 😕

Yep same thing happened to me. Opened the rear hatch and thought it unlocked all the doors, my wife was not happy.
I do know if you have the fob in your pocket when you are washing your bronco every time you spray the rear hatch or front door handles it locks and unlocks the vehicle. My solution to this problem is I just stopped washing the thing. LOL
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
14U, josiefoshow

Oct 09, 2023

Yep same thing happened to me. Opened the rear hatch and thought it unlocked all the doors, my wife was not happy.
I do know if you have the fob in your pocket when you are washing your bronco every time you spray the rear hatch or front door handles it locks and unlocks the vehicle. My solution to this problem is I just stopped washing the thing. LOL

I have always wondered what it was doing while I was spraying the Bronco at a car wash, I would constantly see the rear lights flashing on and off, so I finally just put the key fob over where I keep all the extra change near the buttons….
I’d better be careful putting my key fob near my change, somebody might steal my quarters. 🤣
I just hope the key fob is waterproof. 😳
Jakob1972, Roughstock11

Tennessee Bound!!

Oct 10, 2023

On the windows, after pressing and releasing the unlock button on the fob and then pressing again and holding for a few seconds, yes the windows will roll all the way down. However, once the windows start to roll down if you release the unlock button and press it again the windows will stop and not go all the way down. I use this a lot when I want the windows only partially down (but you have to be quick on the button).
‘23 Hot Pepper Red Wildtrak 2.7L-V6 4 dr. MIC Sas Lux and Lovin’ it!!
rws, josiefoshow

Oct 10, 2023

On the windows, after pressing and releasing the unlock button on the fob and then pressing again and holding for a few seconds, yes the windows will roll all the way down. However, once the windows start to roll down if you release the unlock button and press it again the windows will stop and not go all the way down. I use this a lot when I want the windows only partially down (but you have to be quick on the button).

Well there’s another hidden little secret that I did not know, and maybe some others didn’t know either, which means, you also might be helping someone else out.
It’s awesome to have members tell their little secrets about their Bronco’s, no matter how big or small you think it is, to some it could be a game changer…
Thanks for sharing your tidbit of information!!!
14U, Ditchrunner

Tennessee Bound!!

Oct 10, 2023

Well there’s another hidden little secret that I did not know, and maybe some others didn’t know either, which means you also might be helping someone else out.
It’s awesome to have members tell their little secrets about their Bronco’s, no matter how big or small you think it is, to some others it could be a game changer…
Thanks for sharing your tidbit of information!!!

Certainly, and if anyone knows how to roll the windows up using the fob, please do tell!!
‘23 Hot Pepper Red Wildtrak 2.7L-V6 4 dr. MIC Sas Lux and Lovin’ it!!
EGBronc, Chief Ron

Oct 10, 2023

Certainly, and if anyone knows how to roll the windows up using the fob, please do tell!!

I tried everything to roll them back up, and I came up with nothing!!!
ToddGreen, Chief Ron

Gladesmen

Oct 10, 2023

Pretty sure it is a safety issue. If a kid or dog had their head or arm out the window and you didn’t see them it could end really bad. Now they could do like they used to back in the 80-90s where the window only rolls up 3/4 of the way then stops and if you want it all the way up you have to do the button combo again. Would be nice to have if it starts to rain.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Chief Ron, MWNew

Rank V

Oct 10, 2023

Damn, the window thing with the key fob works. Like others have said if you hit the button it stop the windows from rolling down, but found if you hold the unlock button again it will start to roll them down again.
Ditchrunner, Chief Ron

Trusted and Carefree

Oct 10, 2023

I think you can turn that feature on with FORSCAN. Its called global up or something.
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco
JoergH, Chief Ron

Oct 10, 2023

Damn, the window thing with the key fob works. Like others have said if you hit the button it stop the windows from rolling down, but found if you hold the unlock button again it will start to roll them down again.

Now I have to go out during my lunch and give this a try!!! 😀
I have always just rolled them down with the key fob and that’s it.
Chief Ron, PSUTE

Oct 10, 2023

I think you can turn that feature on with FORSCAN. Its called global up or something.

Now we just need Ford to add that to the FordsPass app, so we can roll them down or even up and down!!!
Chief Ron, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Oct 10, 2023

Yes you can FORSCAN and add the window up function. It works with the door lock button.

You can also FORSCAN your car to turn on your fog lights when turning right (right light) or left (left light).
Bronco Nation Member #4410
22my | Outer Banks | Carb Grey | 2.7L V6 | MIC | LUX | Tow
BroncoFred, Chief Ron

Rank 0

Oct 12, 2023

Here's one I don't think anyone else has found yet! If you're short (like me) and need a little step ladder to put a catch can on, and then stand up really quickly while still on the step ladder, your head will make sudden and painful contact with the hood! I can't find this in the manual that doesn't come with the Bronco, so I wasn't aware that this could happen, so be careful, short people!
TurkeyRun, the poacher

Rank V

Oct 13, 2023

Most of us know where the different Easter Eggs are located throughout the Bronco, most of us know that when unlocking our Broncos and when you want to open the windows at the same time, to push the unlock button again but hold it this time for 3 to 5 seconds and it will roll all the windows down.

You can also automatically close all windows by pressing and holding the lock button.
Another secret that probably not as many know like the windows rolling down, is when your Key Fob has a dead battery and you use your key that’s within the key fob to get inside the Bronco, “well how do you start it” simple, pull all the junk out of your center arm console and remove the rubber bottom, there you will notice an area where your Key Fob will lay inside the bottom of the console, just place your key there and your vehicle will start…..

This is the same place you put your key when you want to program a new key fob. BTW, I *highly* recommend that people get a third key fob and program it. If you lose one of your two keys, you can only get a replacement via a locksmith or the dealer—both pricey options (up to $400!). You can buy a key fob and self-program. I found a genuine Bronco fob online from a key vendor for about $70 or $75. If someone loses a key, I can still program another.
While wiping down the interior of my Bronco after a very dusty Drummond Island trip, I accidentally pushed the Volume Button on the Radio, long and behold the Radio turned on and this was without my key fob with me.
I have always during the summer went out to my Bronco for lunch to listen to the radio, I have always just pushed the start button once, turned off my lights, and left it on that way so I can listen for the half hour that it stays on.
The volume button is actually the power button when pressed and volume when turned. 🙂

It’s better to turn on the radio with the power button than to press the start button on the car because the start button powers other accessories.
Ditchrunner, Deano Bronc

Oct 13, 2023

You can also automatically close all windows by pressing and holding the lock button.

This is the same place you put your key when you want to program a new key fob. BTW, I *highly* recommend that people get a third key fob and program it. If you lose one of your two keys, you can only get a replacement via a locksmith or the dealer—both pricey options (up to $400!). You can buy a key fob and self-program. I found a genuine Bronco fob online from a key vendor for about $70 or $75. If someone loses a key, I can still program another.
The volume button is actually the power button when pressed and volume when turned. 🙂

It’s better to turn on the radio with the power button than to press the start button on the car because the start button powers other accessories.

I thought I tried this once and they didn’t go up, however when I get up tomorrow I will definitely give this a try.

I hope it does work, because that would be a game changer for me!!!

I appreciate it!!!
Chief Ron

Oct 14, 2023

I have had many vehicles and I have never been able to turn the radio on using the volume power button without putting the vehicle in accessory mode first. My last new vehicle was a 2015 Ram truck, and that one doesn’t do it, I’ve tried…..
So this is all new to me!!!

Thanks for the info on putting the windows up, can’t wait to try it…..
Ditchrunner, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Oct 14, 2023

I have not seen this anywhere so far on Bronco Nation about this little discovery that I found purely by accident.
We all know if you turn it off with the doors closed the radio will stay on (preset amount) 10 minutes and then goes out, and if your doors are open it will shut off instantly.
Now without hitting anything, other than unlocking your doors, jump in with or without the doors open and just hit the power button on the radios volume control, only the radio and the infotainment center turns on and I believe it stays on for approximately 20 minutes.
I am not sure if there’s a preset time that can be adjusted or not, I haven’t seen anything yet in the infotainment center, plus you can also turn off the infotainment screen at any time, so this will leave you with little power being consumed while your listening to the radio.
This especially works well when your significant other is being dropped off at a grocery store and you’re waiting to pick them up, you can listen to the radio for a longer set time, just by hitting the power button on the radio.
Maybe everyone knows about this, “but I didn’t, and I thought it was something worth sharing with everyone.”

Well now it’s your turn!
Has anybody else discovered anything that may, or may not be new to all of us, or even something that you haven’t seen before, but you think everyone has, so you don’t post it!!!
Because I guarantee there are some of us out there that don’t know about the couple of gems I’ve posted, and they’re just finding out about it now…..

What a fun thread. I was aware of not one of these.

Thanks for sharing these. Can’t wait to read what others discover..
josiefoshow, Ditchrunner