Event logo

Leona and Tule Divide Run

Leona Divide Fire Road, Santa Clarita, CA, USA

By JoergH (That's a terrible idea, when do we start?, 3682)

START DATE Saturday Oct 28, 2023 at 8:00 AM GMT-07:00

END DATE Saturday Oct 28, 2023 at 1:00 PM GMT-07:00

RSVPs allowed: 11 - Max Capacity has been Reached. RSVP is Closed

Event Type

trip

Region

West

Vehicle Type

Bronco

Terrain Type
dirt_road
Radio channels
462.575 gmrs

RSVPs allowed

Length

25 miles

Difficulty

moderate

About the event

Easy to moderate run in North LA County.

Event details

Folks,

This run is full. See you there next time!

This will be a mostly easy/scenic run on Leona Divide and Tule Divide and after the run we will stop at The Rock Inn for some after run bonding over the beverage(s) of your choice. This is a 2-3 rated trail, however, there is a spot at the end that's going to be a bit tight and off camber where we drop into a creek bed and then climb back out of it. So I'm going to call this more like a moderate (3-4) and recommend at least 33" tires. It's also a family friendly event, so please be aware that there might be children listening to the radio, etc. and keep that in mind.

Please fill out the form located here so that I know who's coming, and for an emergency contact in case something happens. I don't keep this info after the run, it's just for the above informational purposes. I'm limiting the run to the first 15 people who fill out the form in order to keep the group to a reasonable size. The form will also have some additional information, as well as a link to a .gpx file that will show the exact trail(s) we will be following.

Tickets

Price: Not defined

Media

The event gallery is empty.

Attendees

JoergH (That's a terrible idea, when do we start?)

Member number: 3682

Published events: 22

Member since Apr 21, 2021

Attending (0)

No users found

Not Attending (0)

No users found

Comments

Rank IV

Oct 13, 2023

Hey I love to join but I don’t have a radio :( do you mind if I use your spare radio for this run?

Rank 0

Oct 13, 2023

Bummed that I can't make it but I hope everyone has a great time

That's a terrible idea, when do we start?

Oct 14, 2023

Hey I love to join but I don’t have a radio :( do you mind if I use your spare radio for this run?

No problem, I have a couple of spares.
4 Door BadSquatch | Soft-top | Velocity Blue | 2.7 Auto | Towing | Lux | Leather

Rank 0

Oct 15, 2023

Thank you! I look forward to see you all.
JoergH

Rank II

Oct 16, 2023

Hey guys! this seems like so much fun but I do not have a radio nor straps/shackles. Imma have to gear up for the next event. please keep me in mind in future ones. Thanks!

Rank 0

Oct 16, 2023

I would really like to attend but I'm not sure that I'll have a way to air up at the end of the run. Is there a chance I could use someone's air compressor or a gas station not too far away? An ARB air compressor is next on the list but I don't think I'll have installed by the time of the event.

Thanks!

Oct 16, 2023

I would really like to attend but I'm not sure that I'll have a way to air up at the end of the run. Is there a chance I could use someone's air compressor or a gas station not too far away? An ARB air compressor is next on the list but I don't think I'll have installed by the time of the event.

Thanks!

I'm sure that one of us can help, no problem.
4 Door BadSquatch | Soft-top | Velocity Blue | 2.7 Auto | Towing | Lux | Leather

Oct 16, 2023

Hey guys! this seems like so much fun but I do not have a radio nor straps/shackles. Imma have to gear up for the next event. please keep me in mind in future ones. Thanks!

I have a couple of spare radios at least one is already spoken for, you can use. You shouldn't need any recovery gear on this trip, and if you do, there will be plenty of others who do have it.

Rank II

Oct 17, 2023

I have a couple of spare radios at least one is already spoken for, you can use. You shouldn't need any recovery gear on this trip, and if you do, there will be plenty of others who do have it.

WOW! thank you!! that's amazing! In that case, I am in!! super random question, Do you or anybody in this group has any links to a RADIO and Recovery gear that you recommend. Id like to get some of it over time so for future adventures I will be ready. Any recs super appreciated!

Rank II

Oct 17, 2023

Thanks!

Hey I have a gauge to air down and a plug in compressor but it works up to 35"s. Anything bigger it won't fill up. You are welcome to use mine.
trash-bears-415

Oct 17, 2023

WOW! thank you!! that's amazing! In that case, I am in!! super random question, Do you or anybody in this group has any links to a RADIO and Recovery gear that you recommend. Id like to get some of it over time so for future adventures I will be ready. Any recs super appreciated!

Let me address the radio because that's easy. You can get an inexpensive hand held on Amazon for less than $30 that will work well for these kinds of runs. You can get one that does both 2-meter HAM or GMRS which isn't technically legal, but it's quite popular. Here's one of the dual band radios like I have on sale for $25 on Amazon and if you have Prime you can get it in a couple of days.
Note that to be completely legal you'll also need a GMRS license from the FCC. This is easy to get, you just fill out a form and pay your $35 fee, and you're all set for 10 years. No test, nothing. It's a little bit complicated but here's a set of step by step instructions to follow. https://www.notarubicon.com/how-to-...y-guide-to-gmrs-licensing-on-the-fcc-website/
Chief Ron, TK1215

Rank 0

Oct 18, 2023

Hey I have a gauge to air down and a plug in compressor but it works up to 35"s. Anything bigger it won't fill up. You are welcome to use mine.

That’s perfect! I have a stock Wildtrak with 35s so that would be all I need. Thanks!

Have snacks, will travel.

Oct 20, 2023

I've had the Baofeng radio recommended above for years and it has been great for such an inexpensive radio! The battery in mine seems to last forever! I have a number of VooDoo recovery products but I've never gotten into a situation to have to try them out yet...lol They are reputable with lots of good reviews so you may want to consider them and just look for the best prices out there.
MY23, 2DR Advanced 4x4 Badlands, 2.7L, AT, MIC top, tow, Shadow Black.
Ordered - 1/18/2021 --> Build Complete - 12/23/2022 --> Delivered - 1/11/2023.
Chief Ron

Oct 20, 2023

Just RSVP'd, looking forward to meeting everyone and having a good adventure!

Oct 20, 2023

Just RSVP'd, looking forward to meeting everyone and having a good adventure!

Great, see you then! Have you filled out the form?

Oct 20, 2023

I've had the Baofeng radio recommended above for years and it has been great for such an inexpensive radio! The battery in mine seems to last forever! I have a number of VooDoo recovery products but I've never gotten into a situation to have to try them out yet...lol They are reputable with lots of good reviews so you may want to consider them and just look for the best prices out there.

Yup, their stuff is usually good. I also have some stuff from Rhino, which I like. Personally, for starters, I would recommend a set of soft shackles and a recovery rope. A shovel wouldn't hurt either. But definitely the first two. Take a look here: https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...oSCAxVLJ0QIHQEFNq8QqyQoAHoECBAQCw&nis=2&dct=1

Oct 20, 2023

Great, see you then! Have you filled out the form?

I did, let me know if you didn't get it. Sent what I received to your email listed with my contact info. Thank you.

Oct 20, 2023

I did, let me know if you didn't get it. Sent what I received to your email listed with my contact info. Thank you.

Yup, the form stores on a "database" (spreadsheet) automatically. I just asked before I bothered to go look. See you then!

Oct 21, 2023

For those of you who have a UV-5R radio, and are still a little uncomfortable with programming it, here's a great video that will get you started. BTW, we will be using that same channel/freq. on our run!
Deano Bronc