Vin number

520Plumber
Jul 30, 2023

Rank 0

Jul 30, 2023

I have a 67 I am doing a frame off on. I knew the owners card was wrong as it read V15FLA9020. I have finally found the Vin on the passenger side and can make our some of it. It starts with U14 which makes it a half cab. I got it with a full top and bench seat. Is it possible that it was a U14 but ordered with a full top? Still can't decipher the other needed number to run a Marti. Hope I can find a Vin elsewhere in the frame since the usual plate on kick panel is gone.
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2023

Rank 0

Jul 31, 2023

Not sure if this helps, but this is a great clip From Nash on finding your Vin #

Moab or bust!!!

Jul 31, 2023

I have a 67 I am doing a frame off on. I knew the owners card was wrong as it read V15FLA9020. I have finally found the Vin on the passenger side and can make our some of it. It starts with U14 which makes it a half cab. I got it with a full top and bench seat. Is it possible that it was a U14 but ordered with a full top? Still can't decipher the other needed number to run a Marti. Hope I can find a Vin elsewhere in the frame since the usual plate on kick panel is gone.

@tasker might be able to help you out.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.

Rank VI

Aug 10, 2023

DO you have the vin? starts with u14 but is the rest of it correct?
Have (2) 73 Broncos as well as a 2 door manual shift Velocity Blue Sasquatch in da house!!

Rank 0

Aug 12, 2023

DO you have the vin? starts with u14 but is the rest of it correct?

I can barely make out U14FLA then I can see a partial lower arc on the first numer. Could be 0,6, or 8. and depending on light angle I can make out the 9020.

No Ragerts

Aug 13, 2023

I can barely make out U14FLA then I can see a partial lower arc on the first numer. Could be 0,6, or 8. and depending on light angle I can make out the 9020.

Have you tried the ole, use a piece of paper on top of the VIN and lightly swipe over the top with a pencil to get an etching of the data?
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)

Rank 0

Aug 14, 2023

Have you tried the ole, use a piece of paper on top of the VIN and lightly swipe over the top with a pencil to get an etching of the data?

Tired that, painted then lightly sanded, soap stone rubbed over it and then wiped off, even went as far as pulling my Liquid Dye Penetrant I use for weld inspections. I haven't tried my Mag Particle inspection I use for inspecting welds yet.
Bschurr

Rank VI

Aug 15, 2023

a secondary location is just before the body mount behind the seat platform on top of the frame on right side as well...
Have (2) 73 Broncos as well as a 2 door manual shift Velocity Blue Sasquatch in da house!!