Great Bronco Fridge Option!

B MIller
Jul 27, 2023

Northwest Bronco

Jul 27, 2023

For those wondering what size fridge fits in a Bronco, here's a video I put together to help answer some questions. Enjoy!
Northwest Bronco Channel
Adrenalin, Laura
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2023

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Jul 27, 2023

Thank you, sir! I was expecting to see you at the recent Overland Expo PNW in Redmond, Oregon but I never did. I thought that event would appeal to you. Were you there? There was certainly no shortage of overlanding supply vendors!
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
Chief Ron, B MIller

Northwest Bronco

Jul 27, 2023

Thank you, sir! I was expecting to see you at the recent Overland Expo PNW in Redmond, Oregon but I never did. I thought that event would appeal to you. Were you there? There was certainly no shortage of overlanding supply vendors!

I wanted to go, but life got in the way of those plans. I'll have to make the next event for sure!
Northwest Bronco Channel
Deano Bronc, Chief Ron

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Jul 27, 2023

I wanted to go, but life got in the way of those plans. I'll have to make the next event for sure!

Me too. I'm liable to get some gear. The discounts were pretty generous, but I wanted to do a little more research before making major purchases. Your video gave me a reason to look at the Dometic fridges I've walked past at REI in the past. I appreciate your sharing your overlanding experiences on YouTube.
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
Laura, Chief Ron

Northwest Bronco

Jul 27, 2023

Me too. I'm liable to get some gear. The discounts were pretty generous, but I wanted to do a little more research before making major purchases. Your video gave me a reason to look at the Dometic fridges I've walked past at REI in the past. I appreciate your sharing your overlanding experiences on YouTube.

I'm glad you find the videos helpful. The Dometic is a wonderful choice.
Northwest Bronco Channel
Chief Ron, BuckYeah

Life is a Highway

Jul 27, 2023

For those wondering what size fridge fits in a Bronco, here's a video I put together to help answer some questions. Enjoy!
Thanks for the review Brian!
Chief Ron, B MIller

Rank V

Jul 27, 2023

That’s not a Bronco. It’s a 4 door Bronco.
"There's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a Bronco" - John Bronco
Rydfree, SAVEUP

Northwest Bronco

Jul 27, 2023

Thanks for the review Brian!

Very welcome!
Northwest Bronco Channel

Burrito Connoisseur

Jul 27, 2023

Oooo question for you @B MIller. I was shopping for one of these and it's a toss up between the Dometic CFX3 45 or CFX3 55. The CFX3 55 is about 1" longer.

Any sense of how the CFX3 55 would fit without the rear drawer system you have? In other words, the Dometic would rest directly on the load floor (or on a slide).

Just by looking at your video it seems the CFX3 55 should be fine. But if you happened to try the CFX3 55 and it clearly didn't fit then obviously I have some extra homework I need to do before I order.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon

Northwest Bronco

Jul 27, 2023

Oooo question for you @B MIller. I was shopping for one of these and it's a toss up between the Dometic CFX3 45 or CFX3 55. The CFX3 55 is about 1" longer.

Any sense of how the CFX3 55 would fit without the rear drawer system you have? In other words, the Dometic would rest directly on the load floor (or on a slide).

Just by looking at your video it seems the CFX3 55 should be fine. But if you happened to try the CFX3 55 and it clearly didn't fit then obviously I have some extra homework I need to do before I order.
I’ll be home tomorrow to take some measurements. Get back with you!
Northwest Bronco Channel
TK1215

Rank 0

Jul 27, 2023

Is this the only fridge you looked at? Also why did you decide to put the fridge opposite of the power supply? I ended up going with the iceco apl55 dual zone and it fits good also and is super efficient.

Not grilling ya, just curious

Northwest Bronco

Jul 27, 2023

Is this the only fridge you looked at? Also why did you decide to put the fridge opposite of the power supply? I ended up going with the iceco apl55 dual zone and it fits good also and is super efficient.

Not grilling ya, just curious
No worries! I did shop around. Wanted a well known brand that also had their own separate power supply available. Settled on Dometic. It’s on the left because I use the fold down table a lot and use the top right side of the drawer to set things. Nothing scientific! :)
Northwest Bronco Channel
Deano Bronc, Laura

Rank 0

Jul 28, 2023

Ok, so I approached it differently and i see how that works. I have mine on a slide and on the right, so when the tailgate is full open i can easily reach in the fridge and utilize the table. i boxed in the fridge also to hold my eco flow river pro, spices and other small cooking items. keep up the good work. I've been in the Portland area for about 14 mos and now its time to take the long road home back to Michigan. 13 days we begin the 3500 mile adventure. Wish I stumbled across you earlier to meet up and romp around. I believe I'll be hitting browns camp again next Friday one last time.
Deano Bronc, B MIller

Northwest Bronco

Jul 28, 2023

Sounds like a decent set up. Let me know how it works out after a few uses. Yes, I would have loved to take you out on a desert trip earlier. Maybe next time if you're back in Oregon. Have a safe trip!
Northwest Bronco Channel
fresh coast

Northwest Bronco

Jul 28, 2023

I got home this morning and took those measurements for the CFX55. The depth should be fine, it's close but good. Width is solid and height will be fine without a pull out slide for the fridge. (Those tend to rattle anyway). Hope this helps!
Northwest Bronco Channel

Burrito Connoisseur

Jul 28, 2023

I got home this morning and took those measurements for the CFX55. The depth should be fine, it's close but good. Width is solid and height will be fine without a pull out slide for the fridge. (Those tend to rattle anyway). Hope this helps!

Awesome stuff, thanks for the assist!
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
B MIller

Rank II

Jul 28, 2023

Have the 75DZ and love it. Haven’t had any issues at all.
23 SAS Badlands 2D Area 51
B MIller

Rank 0

Jul 29, 2023

The Coleman refrigerator / warmer has worked great. It fits behind the rear seat and in front of the tailgate (2 door model). Depending on the way it is plugged in it heats or cools. I use it as an ice chest not a stand-up unit. I plug it into the 12 volt connection in the compartment next to the driver. Easy access to plug and un-plug at any time. Attached is PDF of the manual.

Attachments

B MIller

Rank III

Jul 29, 2023

I've got the CFX3 25, really like it.
2023 Bronco 4Dr Wildtrak

Northwest Bronco

Jul 29, 2023

The Coleman refrigerator / warmer has worked great. It fits behind the rear seat and in front of the tailgate (2 door model). Depending on the way it is plugged in it heats or cools. I use it as an ice chest not a stand-up unit. I plug it into the 12 volt connection in the compartment next to the driver. Easy access to plug and un-plug at any time. Attached is PDF of the manual.

Interesting indeed!
Northwest Bronco Channel