Champion I

Sep 16, 2020
Cibolo, TX, USA
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Brittain
Member #

Awesome pics. Saw the hexagon pattern under the hood before they put on the insulating fabric. Reminds me of this group’s logo.

Reactions: Superkustom

Bikeric

Rank II

Advocate III

Aug 10, 2020
Tulsa, OK.
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Ford
I saw two different tail light assemblies!!!! I know the fronts have different grilles and lights but I didn't know they had different tail lights...
Outer Banks and above come with LED head and tail lights.

Roberto

Rank II

Advocate III

Aug 25, 2020
Louisiana, USA
First Name
Heinz
Last Name
Ordonez
Member #

I don’t know too much about car factories, I thought when they build the cars they did it on batches of the same color and body trim but I guess it’s not the case, a red raptor can be build on front of a silver XLT in the same chain rail. Correct? Also I heard some factories can build 1300 F-150/day (one every 53 seconds!). It’s amazing!!
I love to have a Bronco factory tour one day!

Bronco5.0

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

Assembly is independent of paint, engine/trans assembly.They run through all the assembly stations and the appropriate parts get installed.

Reactions: Roberto

JFord

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 18, 2020
California, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Ford
Member #

I spent some time trying to figure out the capacity of the Michigan plant but didn’t find anything worth while. I wonder how many Parallel lines are planned. I would imagine they try to batch similar suspension groups or electronics groups together to give the people time to repeat the same group a number of times so the process becomes more habit. This line seems interesting because there are a number of different models and options. Possible engineers had to limit the number of combination variations to make it manageable.

JFord

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 18, 2020
California, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Ford
Member #

Appreciate the pics! Makes me wish Ford would do a factory tour and delivery option like Corvette has done in the past for owners. How cool would it be to watch your own Bronc roll off the line! :)
So right @Bronc96. I might be willing to shake loose some change just to see the process in action before my Bronco rolls through.

Reactions: Bronc96

Champion I

Jun 1, 2020
Annapolis, MD, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Bickle
Member #

Bronco Nation got exclusive access to watch as the first Bronco rolled down the assembly line at the Michigan Assembly Plant! These are still pre-production Broncos, but they are significant because the other Broncos previously seen are hand-built prototypes.
Great stuff! I love seeing what is going to be behind all the panels and trim. Keep up the good work! This is the type of content that I was hoping for from Bronco Nation!

Last edited: