Rank IV

Don't delete

Sep 17, 2020
Novi, MI, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Craig
Lets start a movement to get the build factory OUT of Michigan so people can actually work and we can get outr Bronco. Then the Michigan Governess can stick it wher the sun dont shine. Im getting so tired of this BS playing politicswith people's lives.
MAP has been running at near full capacity since the beginning of summer. It's been months since any of the auto plants or test facilities in Michigan have been shut down. All are open. Moving to a different assembly plant at this point would add another 6 months to a year delay on top of any current delays just to build a new assembly line and move the tooling. You really wouldn't want that to happen.

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

Lets start a movement to get the build factory OUT of Michigan so people can actully work and we can get outr Bronco. Then the Michigan Governess can stick it wher the sun dont shine. Im getting so tired of this BS playing politicswith people's lives.
Suppliers are scattered everywhere so it is not just a Michigan thing. It seems like some don't realize how big of a project a brand new vehicle is. It only takes one supplier to not have the parts ready.

Was anyone really expecting a spring delivery? I reserved early and was shooting for June before this announcement so I guess it isn't a earth shattering news to me.

Bronc96

Rank VI

Champion I

Jul 11, 2020
Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Henderson
Member #

Suppliers are scattered everywhere so it is not just a Michigan thing. It seems like some don't realize how big of a project a brand new vehicle is. It only takes one supplier to not have the parts ready.

Was anyone really expecting a spring delivery? I reserved early and was shooting for June before this announcement so I guess it isn't a earth shattering news to me.
I agree Deano. I was hopeful for the June target but my gut was telling me it would be later. I also like the fact our Broncs will be built in the same iconic facility that my 96 was built and the other gens which is pretty cool. I want Ford to get this right and not rush it which I feel they are trying to do. Yes, communication could be better at times, however our rigs will come and it will have been well worth the wait. :)

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

Was anyone really expecting a spring delivery? I reserved early and was shooting for June before this announcement so I guess it isn't earth-shattering news to me.
You are correct, the entire manufacturing web worldwide is affected. I am in the process of having an off-road camper built in the US and although many of the components are sourced in the US, they have materials that may arrive from other counties. As I Google search many of the components, I discover some are out of stock. It only takes one to delay assembly and many of these small companies cannot hold several partially assembled trailers in their workspace.

The sad truth is ambitious plans for 2021 may need to be placed on hold for 6+ months.

Slownstddy

Rank VI

Champion I

Oct 7, 2020
Riddleton, TN, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

All valid points indeed. But with a two year lockdown looming now and soo much false media creating panic resulting in extreme reactions that are beginning an almost communistic slowdown of our culture, It wouldnt surprise me if the FE reservations are the only ones built and everyone else will be told to get the sport if you want to continue.
I'M really not this negative about things but I see only 15% of reservations will be 2021YM at this point. The auto industry is under regulations to change emissions for all My 2022 vehicles which might just cancel the whole project. Its getting more difficult to remain hopeful.

Garemlin

Rank VI

Champion III

May 20, 2020
Clayton, Delaware, DE, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Walt
Member #

Ford really should have had this ready to go instead of rushing the reveal and leaving customers hanging and wondering. Should have been a reveal with B&P going up shortly after and ordering open the next week. Full plan and schedule together for production and delivery. That was not the initial path obviously. They were in too much of a hurry to show, show, show, with not much to deliver.

But when this pandemic hit that was a perfect opportunity to step back, regroup and get it at least 95% together. So when the dust settled it would be a flawless launch.

Bronco5.0

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

Manufacturers are Essential, they did not shut down ,there is no excuse for not having parts ready. We never shut down.

Its getting deep here.

Reactions: SlashRacer

Bronc96

Rank VI

Champion I

Jul 11, 2020
Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Henderson
Member #

All valid points indeed. But with a two year lockdown looming now and soo much false media creating panic resulting in extreme reactions that are beginning an almost communistic slowdown of our culture, It wouldnt surprise me if the FE reservations are the only ones built and everyone else will be told to get the sport if you want to continue.
I'M really not this negative about things but I see only 15% of reservations will be 2021YM at this point. The auto industry is under regulations to change emissions for all My 2022 vehicles which might just cancel the whole project. Its getting more difficult to remain hopeful.
Stay positive brother, the Bronc will come.(y)

RynoPSU

Rank IV

Don't delete

Sep 17, 2020
Novi, MI, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Craig
Ford really should have had this ready to go instead of rushing the reveal and leaving customers hanging and wondering. Should have been a reveal with B&P going up shortly after and ordering open the next week. Full plan and schedule together for production and delivery. That was not the initial path obviously. They were in too much of a hurry to show, show, show, with not much to deliver.

But when this pandemic hit that was a perfect opportunity to step back, regroup and get it at least 95% together. So when the dust settled it would be a flawless launch.
The pandemic hit while the first real batch of prototypes was being built. You had parts stuck around the world due to shipping that got shot down or suppliers in other countries that shut down before the US did. It disrupted much of the testing and final development where you couldn't do much but sit and wait until the vehicles got built so testing could get done. It was more like the worst possible time for everything to get shut when it happened in March. A few months earlier it wouldn't have been as disruptive. A few months later it wouldn't have been as bad.

Bronco5.0

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

The automakers know what the EPA wants and they should be able to meet model year expectations.

Nothing is getting canceled.

Slownstddy

Rank VI

Champion I

Oct 7, 2020
Riddleton, TN, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

The automakers know what the EPA wants and they should be able to meet model year expectations.

Nothing is getting canceled.
So..no path for a v-8 model....lmao

RynoPSU

Rank IV

Don't delete

Sep 17, 2020
Novi, MI, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Craig
There is no 2 year lockdown looming. The vaccine is already approved in the UK and more coming in the rest of the world. The light at the end of the tunnel is out there for this thing.

There is no risk for cancellation for this vehicle before it gets out in the hands of customers. All the investment and development is already paid and done. The money lost from not producing it now would be gigantic. Every automaker plans for emissions and safety regulations several years in advance. A model year 22 regulation change and several years after that would have been planned for years ago for a vehicle going into production in MY21.