Bronco Nation Update - 9 APRIL 2021

Laura
Apr 09, 2021
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Apr 09, 2021

I hope your week was filled with lots of highs and very few lows. I just got back from my second chance to look at Broncos, and I realized after the fact –– my first ride in one! Granted, it was from one end of the lot to the other, but the back seat is comfortable and the ride was smooth. @David got lots of pictures of one specific one (won't dampen his thunder), as well as some other nice finds. Meanwhile, my phone was dead :cry:

However, I am for sure convinced I will be going with a 2-door eventually. Still mulling over other thoughts –– trim and suspension. My lifted Jeep has the perfect amount of clearance for this specific tall stump on this specific trail, and I'm going to want to clear it in the future. Luckily, I have time to decide.

Overall, I cannot wait until you all get the chance to explore the trims and engage with them in person. You'll be so happy. Join us at Super Celebration (East) if you can –– I just RSVPd as well; David was able to confirm 2021 Broncos will be there.

As for this week in content, we shared some of our members' stories, and we have one more today. Read about @Flourman's experience in things that run and the changes he made to his family's order after their ride along in Moab. In case you missed our other impressions, follow the links at the bottom of the article. We have ones by @justinbmcbride, @AsnKnight5, and @Chase Gentry. Plus, Laura (Mrs. @David) got her first taste of the Bronco in action.

We also talked about getting more members together by way of clubs, and look at this, @hmh928 started a FB group.

In case you missed it: Roof Piece Weights. Give these a look-over, and hopefully no one will need to go too hard at the gym with more reps before summer.

I was wrong-ish about the Bronco Nation demo video rolling out last night (clinging to my heads-up disclaimer), but I have viewed it a bit ago and can confirm we'll be live by 8 ET tonight.

@ResidualGenius, if it's a pizza and beer night again, you better eat fast. It's not a lengthy one, but one that's going to be helpful for a lot of people once the Broncos are out: the operation of the Bestop soft top. I can attest on the helpfulness; I struggled with the factory top today since I went in blind. Once you know, though, you know.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
Bronc96, 14U
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Apr 10, 2021

2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
TK1215, Bronc96
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Apr 10, 2021

Looking for more content or not planning on getting the Bestop? Jon shows you how simple it can be to remove the factory soft top.
TK1215, Bronc96

Libations MOD

Apr 10, 2021

Well, @Laura it was actually a Mexican and beer night. Now I can watch videos on a full stomach and have sweet Bronco dreams!
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
TK1215, Bucktown

No Ragerts

Apr 10, 2021

So the top doesn’t fold all the way back it just sits on top of the rear section?!?

I do like how the side an back windows slide out tho.

oops - I am supposed to compliment first and then criticize. Sorry for the poor etiquette
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
BuzzyBud, ResidualGenius

Home, home on the range

Apr 10, 2021

Nice write up! Really like that you brought back the updates.
Now please show the softtop operation on the 2dr!
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
14U, Bucktown

Rank VI

Apr 11, 2021

@Laura much gratitude for the very informative updates! Your posts are usually the first place I visit when I visit the forums. Highly knowledgeable, fun, and keeps me motivated!
Bronc96, BuzzyBud
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Apr 12, 2021

So the top doesn’t fold all the way back it just sits on top of the rear section?!?

I do like how the side an back windows slide out tho.

oops - I am supposed to compliment first and then criticize. Sorry for the poor etiquette
Ha! After my own heart. I always go for the negative first on accident. Gotta know what we want to know when we want to know it! From my understanding, (i.e., all I've seen is this video as well, but Bestop's Trektop is similar), yes -- it sits on top of the rear section.
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Apr 12, 2021

@Laura much gratitude for the very informative updates! Your posts are usually the first place I visit when I visit the forums. Highly knowledgeable, fun, and keeps me motivated!
That means a lot, thank you, because I'm here to serve you all! I used to rush on to my jeep forum on my spare time because it was so enjoyable and knew there would be fresh material; I want to do my part with that here at BN. Keep me in line when I'm not providing helpful stuff, and keep @ing me and David so we can do our best to get answers. I'm starting to make the transition from newbie to having some connections!
Bronc96, DRWright

Rank V

Apr 12, 2021

Nice write up! Really like that you brought back the updates.
Now please show the softtop operation on the 2dr!
I went with MIC, Indiana can be unpredictable and I have had soft tops before.The snow aren't soft tops best friend and I wish I could get in my garage but it is full.lol
Deano Bronc, TK1215

Member 2541 Jerry

Apr 12, 2021

That means a lot, thank you, because I'm here to serve you all! I used to rush on to my jeep forum on my spare time because it was so enjoyable and knew there would be fresh material; I want to do my part with that here at BN. Keep me in line when I'm not providing helpful stuff, and keep @ing me and David so we can do our best to get answers. I'm starting to make the transition from newbie to having some connections!
I know you can get things done,
One Request,

Just One “Video footage” out in the wild of a
Base,Big Bend “or” Black Diamond 2 door “WITHOUT” Sasquatch.
It’s almost been a year,
Just One, I won’t ask anymore after that,
“I Promise”
Respectfully,
Please let someone know,
Fourty-six THOUSAND dollars later.
And no live footage of capabilities.
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
Laura
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Apr 12, 2021

@14U We will have more walk-arounds in the coming weeks, and given the choice, we will shoot a non-sas model! (Plus, we may have access to some plated vehicles, which means more opportunity for a Bronco in motion). This isn't meant as an excuse, but it's interesting to me – they are really hard to come by! Hoping we can get to a 2-door, no Sasquatch unicorn soon.
Sdakotabronco, Deano Bronc

Member 2541 Jerry

Apr 12, 2021

@14U We will have more walk-arounds in the coming weeks, and given the choice, we will shoot a non-sas model! (Plus, we may have access to some plated vehicles, which means more opportunity for a Bronco in motion). This isn't meant as an excuse, but it's interesting to me – they are really hard to come by! Hoping we can get to a 2-door, no Sasquatch unicorn soon.
Lol, my wife taught me years ago how to get things done !
i KNOW your the one.
Your fairly new here, lol
you don’t need an excuse .
I’m gonna bribe you with a brand new Stetson hat, for when we cross paths.
We never meet strangers in Oklahoma.
“It’s just not our nature.”
Thank You Ma’am.
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
Deano Bronc, TK1215
OBXBroncoGuy

Apr 12, 2021

That might be a unicorn, but the darn rare leprechaun is the 2d OB Cyber orange. I figure that if I don’t see it here first, I’ll see it when the dealer tells me its time to pick it up.
TK1215, 14U
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Apr 12, 2021

That might be a unicorn, but the darn rare leprechaun is the 2d OB Cyber orange. I figure that if I don’t see it here first, I’ll see it when the dealer tells me its time to pick it up.
We'll be watching for rainbows!
Sdakotabronco, 14U

Rank VI

Apr 12, 2021

Hey folks...as usual, BIG THANKS for continuing to share info, first hand feedback and how-tos. In reading up on configurations, it seems that if you dont order the hard top from the factory, you dont get the connectors for rear defroster/wiper and wont be able to get the hard top after the fact.

So, does the opposite hold true? In previous Wrangler experiences, if you didnt buy the dual tops from the factory, the clips, slots and rails needed for the soft top were not available and made adding a soft top later a true pain (and $$$). Is this the case with Bronco? If I get a hard top from the factory, will my Bronco be missing all the soft top slots and rails that I would need to add one of the soft tops later? Or, did Ford look ahead (as it seems they have done across Bronco) and make sure the hard top Bronc is set up for soft top?
BN 0232 Bronco "Skwach" - 4 Dr FE, Lightning Blue, MIC/NP
New acquisition - Ranger Lariat Tremor, Rapid Red "Quake" (Skwach's little brother)
Other fun stuff: Honda Pioneer 1000 dirt toy (Need hitch!)
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Apr 12, 2021

Hey folks...as usual, BIG THANKS for continuing to share info, first hand feedback and how-tos. In reading up on configurations, it seems that if you dont order the hard top from the factory, you dont get the connectors for rear defroster/wiper and wont be able to get the hard top after the fact.

So, does the opposite hold true? In previous Wrangler experiences, if you didnt buy the dual tops from the factory, the clips, slots and rails needed for the soft top were not available and made adding a soft top later a true pain (and $$$). Is this the case with Bronco? If I get a hard top from the factory, will my Bronco be missing all the soft top slots and rails that I would need to add one of the soft tops later? Or, did Ford look ahead (as it seems they have done across Bronco) and make sure the hard top Bronc is set up for soft top?
Yep, you're definitely right on the first point -- soft top orders from the factory don't have the connectors.

As for the 2nd point, the folks (@Sdakotabronco) here say you're good to add to add a soft top later if you went with a hard top from the factory.
14U

Home, home on the range

Apr 13, 2021

Yep, you're definitely right on the first point -- soft top orders from the factory don't have the connectors.

As for the 2nd point, the folks (@Sdakotabronco) here say you're good to add to add a soft top later if you went with a hard top from the factory.
I've owned 2 other non Jeep soft top 4x4's in the past and both were set up for a hardtop swap. Since the 2dr only gets a hardtop from the factory, and they are making soft tops for the 2dr I'm assuming it'll be ready to go. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Here in South Dakota we have to have a hard top for winter or you will REALLY wish you had.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
Deano Bronc