Bronco Nation Super Cel East Travel Log

David
Apr 20, 2021

Rank VI

Apr 20, 2021

So, my trip to Super Cel East started today. We packed up the family and headed south. I didn’t take any photos since I was driving and just trying to get through Ohio as soon as possible. Tonight, me and Mrs. @David are dropping of the boys with the grandparents in the blessed land of North Carolina and will be heading to Townsend tomorrow.

Can’t wait to see everyone this week. Stay tuned for more updates from our road to Super Cel.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Shadowblade, Chief1301
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2021

No Ragerts

Apr 20, 2021

Safe travels to you & Mrs @David - thanks for keeping us looped in and living vicariously through your experiences. Looking forward to joining next year in my Bronco.
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Chief1301, Bronc96

Rank VI

Apr 20, 2021

Happy Trails
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
Bronc96, Hobgoblin

Rank VI

Apr 20, 2021

Safe travels! Looking forward to meeting you and the BN team at Super Cel! (y)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
Shadowblade, David

Rank VI

Apr 20, 2021

Got off on a good, early start. Should be getting into Townsend around midday or so. Beautiful day in North Carolina. We’ll see what it’s like up in the mountains. Of course we grabbed a Carolina delicacy for breakfast. Don’t worry, Bronco content coming as soon as we get to Townsend.

Attachments

Shadowblade, JGuske23

Rank VI

Apr 20, 2021

Got off on a good, early start. Should be getting into Townsend around midday or so. Beautiful day in North Carolina. We’ll see what it’s like up in the mountains. Of course we grabbed a Carolina delicacy for breakfast. Don’t worry, Bronco content coming as soon as we get to Townsend.
Bo time...
Have fun!
Bronc96, David

Rank VI

Apr 20, 2021

Bo time...
Have fun!
I love the early start. Feels like vacation!
Bronc96, David

No Ragerts

Apr 20, 2021

Of course we grabbed a Carolina delicacy for breakfast.
C8CAB338-E7E5-454B-941C-75D3DB782FFE.jpeg
LOL - You really know how to treat a lady! :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
tbk115, Shadowblade

Rank VI

Apr 20, 2021

We got lots of Broncos!

Attachments

Shadowblade, Booger

Gladesmen

Apr 20, 2021

I think they delivered my A51 Badlands to the wrong location. It’s ok they can drop it off here when they are done with it at Super Cel East. :ROFLMAO:
Nice pictures @David . Thanks for sharing.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Shadowblade, TK1215

Rank VI

Apr 20, 2021

Few more for everybody.

Attachments

Booger, Bschurr

Rank VI

Apr 20, 2021

Great line up this week!

Attachments

Booger, Bschurr
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Apr 21, 2021

If you hear me called Lizzie at the event, it's because we are fortunate to have Mrs. @David, our original Laura, in the Bronco Nation booth this week, as you read above. I volunteered for us to take up using my initials, a blended moniker, or something. How's that joke go? Call me whatever you want, just don't call me late for dinner? So Lizzie/Laura/Lauren/LZ/or hey you I will be when you stop by to say hi to us all.

I hit the road a little after 5 a.m. today. It was a great day; I got to enjoy several hours worth of Broncos onsite, plus even more of beautiful land before that on the way down (and, I spotted an immaculate cream early Bronco being trailered down). It's been years since I traveled through Kentucky and Tennessee. I forgot those states saw Michigan's woods and raised them with mountains. Lucky! And the rivers -- I'll be back with my kayak. I left the Jeep at home, and had the very low experience (literally, the car has small tires and no lift kit) of taking a Toyota down. No roof rack. So I was beyond glad to get the chance to do my first time behind the wheel in a Bronco today, even if it was only for a couple hundred feet. I also had the opportunity of moving another, but missed out on doing so, as the actual execution of manual driving has escaped me thus far. Please weep with me on that.

I have to admit, coming from no tech in a vehicle (my Jeep's previous owner: "the cruise control is currently disabled." Lizzie's dad, later when under the hood: "That's one way of putting it. The cruise control cable is cut."), just starting the Bronco is a process for me. But fortunately, I have read the quick reference guide, plus the dashboard walks you through the steps anyway. More thoughts: I love the sheltered feeling of the Bronco. I know having the side pillars closer in probably doesn't feel great for the bigger man-sized men here, but I hated the roomy interior of the rental. I need to rest my arm on the window frame while driving! And for whatever reason, I feel more like I'm actually driving in a Jeep/Bronco, rather than sitting in a small living room moving down the road. I fall more in love with these vehicles each time I'm with them, and that's even before taking one off road. I may pass out from happiness when that happens.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
Shadowblade, Chief1301

Rank VI

Apr 21, 2021

Thanks for the pics @David...looks like they brought the whole stable down this time!

Safe travels all! :)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
Shadowblade, Commodore

Rank V

Apr 21, 2021

Now I want Bojangles even though I ate some like four hours ago
Deano Bronc, Commodore

Rank III

Apr 21, 2021

I think they delivered my A51 Badlands to the wrong location. It’s ok they can drop it off here when they are done with it at Super Cel East. :ROFLMAO:
Nice pictures @David . Thanks for sharing.

My exact build as well, even the optional wheels.. love seeing the photos of it, thanks @David !!
Deano Bronc, Jakob1972
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Apr 21, 2021

PXL_20210421_132127016.jpg
PXL_20210421_132139773.jpg
PXL_20210421_132242629.jpg
PXL_20210421_132420737.jpg

A little morning rain, a lot of Broncos. Here's some of the site shots that will welcome you as you roll into the field. We still have some complimentary hot coffee at our booth; come warm your hands!

The best news: They are doing limited walk-ups on the rides; you can register at the Ford trailer. That will be huge for some of you, so get here, sign up, and enjoy! They book for the whole day starting at 8 a.m., so show up first thing, and then you will be assigned a time you can come back for. Word from those leaving their trip is it's "freaking amazing."
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Booger, Hobgoblin

Rank V

Apr 21, 2021

Few more for everybody.
Dave, could you pls take a Pic of the Carbonized Gray WT.... that's the one I ordered!

Thanks!
* 2022 WILDTRAK
* 2022 Explorer ST
Commodore, Laura
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Apr 21, 2021

Also, members, please note there is free parking right at the Bronco Nation booth! Just pull in and park among the Broncos at our booth.
Hobgoblin, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Apr 21, 2021

My dealer unfitted a Ford Transit long wheelbase van just for this. He made a 4x4 Ford camper to come up here!!!!

Everyone. look for this one !!!
Bschurr, Deano Bronc