Champion II

Jul 13, 2020
Moab, Ut
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Torgersen
Member #

Do we know if the tops are interchangeable? If I switch to a soft top due to the delay, will I be able to add the painted Mod top once available?
If you order it with a soft top only, it will not have the wiring and washer fluid hose connections required to run the rear wiper on the hard top.

TXBronco

Rank V

Champion III

Jul 21, 2020
Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Erickson
Member #

Do we know if the tops are interchangeable? If I switch to a soft top due to the delay, will I be able to add the painted Mod top once available?
You should be able to add the Mod top once available...if ever. However, know that it has been verified that with a soft top...you do not get the hard top connections for rear window wiper and defrost built in to the Bronco.

Reactions: Gutter Clown

Buckin'

Rank V

Champion III

Jun 13, 2020
Wilmington, NC, USA
Member #

Yes, all tops are interchangeable. However, you will have to add electrical and fluid connections (and buttons to operate them) in order to get the hard top's full functionality.

edit: Wow this thread was moving quickly! No one had answered when I was typing that lol

Last edited:

TCopp

Rank V

Champion I

Jun 26, 2020
Olathe, KS, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Copple
Member #

Debating on just switching to a MIC top and just ordering the white top with my $1000 from Ford. You think that would cover the freight shipping?

Reactions: Stereo

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

How about this as another option here.For all of the people with the dual top or FE top issues. Instead of making someone get something they don’t want, FORD could equip those vehicles with the wiring harnesses for the hard top, put the soft top on the vehicle at delivery and then suck it up and safely deliver the hard top, of what ever color, at same original price, when available. it may possibly effect more, but the FE owners are effected the most. Good will and the Ford pass bonus go a long way! ;) For the people with other models and were going to wait, they will still have to wait. But to not get the FE the way you wanted it or not at all. No Good

gvanroy

Rank V

Supporter III

Aug 9, 2020
Seven Bays, WA, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
VanRoy
Member #

If you order it with a soft top only, it will not have the wiring and washer fluid hose connections required to run the rear wiper on the hard top.
When they fist took the top away I think many of us hoped for the Soft Top only option or Soft Top now/Hard Top later (Dual Top option), but this was the limitation. After several months I can't believe they haven't given this as an option for people. Are these kits part of the tops that come from their manufacturers? Just seems like a waste of materials shipping a top many people are not happy about.

Reactions: TorgSurv and Rudypc

CCDetroit

Rank IV

Supporter I

Dec 17, 2020
Detroit, MI, USA
First Name
Carly
Last Name
Cummings
Member #

WTF!!!!!!! I NEED CLEAR ANSWERS. So its get an FE with the ugly MIC top which does not match the rest of the trim, or no FE? I placed my order, paid extra, got my confirmation email from Ford. End of story!!!

Now it's on them. I ordered an FE, Cactus Grey all black trim. I'll wait if that's what the reality will be, but I will get what I ordered and paid for. I'll accept additional colors (GREEN of course), extras, some points, swag. Because it's the least Ford can do for one set back after another. But forcing me into a corner after I placed my order is unacceptable. We're not just talking, these are now real orders. Real money being spent, plans made.

Reactions: Rudypc and EddieV

EddieV

Rank III

Advocate II

Jan 29, 2021
Utah, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Oldroyd
Member #

I also have an FE. Just read the email. I read it as saying “if you want an FE, it WILL be a 21 (no green) and it WILL have an MIC top”. If you aren’t okay with that, you can’t have it any other way. I’m so bummed. The LAST thing I wanted was that gray top. I was planning on getting my top wrapped white (LB paint) but from what I understand, the MIC cannot be wrapped.

EddieV

Rank III

Advocate II

Jan 29, 2021
Utah, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Oldroyd
Member #

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!
I am also sorry for those of you who want it now. I do too, but now my

FIRST EDITION WILL BE GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As soon as I saw the Instagram post. I had to jump on here with those who feel my pain and my immense joy. I'm jumping and screaming and my family thinks I'm crazy. All I could say is "It will be GREEN".

Longer wait sucks, but for GREEN it's worth it. And all the extra cool accessories that are supposed to come straight from factory.
Agree with others. I read it as saying you can only get a MIC top sinc that’s the only top offered for 21 and the FE MUST be a 21 model year. Would make no sense to have an FE that isn’t the first model year. You could hold out for the heritage edition in 22 and get that in green

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

if they can build a two top option that includes the wiring and fluids, they can build a, “ship it with the soft top, with wires and tubes, and ship the hard top later“ option as well. Can and will are the operative words here. If anyone at Ford is listening just eat the cost and put the customer first. Good will goes along way, but bad will goes a lot farther. Again I have no dog in the fight on this. I am not effected by this issue. As uncomfortable as this is, Someone at Ford needs to get out in front of this mess

Reactions: Steve777468

gvanroy

Rank V

Supporter III

Aug 9, 2020
Seven Bays, WA, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
VanRoy
Member #

Debating on just switching to a MIC top and just ordering the white top with my $1000 from Ford. You think that would cover the freight shipping?
I wonder what availability will be for the white top. I think it said it will be for certain editions of the Bronco. One would hope it's a standalone accessory option to order.

CCDetroit

Rank IV

Supporter I

Dec 17, 2020
Detroit, MI, USA
First Name
Carly
Last Name
Cummings
Member #

I also have an FE. Just read the email. I read it as saying “if you want an FE, it WILL be a 21 (no green) and it WILL have an MIC top”. If you aren’t okay with that, you can’t have it any other way. I’m so bummed. The LAST thing I wanted was that gray top. I was planning on getting my top wrapped white (LB paint) but from what I understand, the MIC cannot be wrapped.
Yes, that is the other super sucky aspect of the MIC top. It can't be wrapped. What garbage!!!

MN_OuterBanks

Rank III

Promoter III

Mar 19, 2021
MN, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wesanto
So I ordered a MIC top, but I still got an email about the other tips moving to 2022. So MIC is still viable?

Gutter Clown

Rank IV

Super Supporter III

Jan 22, 2021
Indiana
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Austin
I was wanting the Black top originally but changed my mind quick because I like the MIC look with CG.

Now with Badlands being a constraint may get pushed to 22MY when I had a glimmer of hope for a 21MY...

Won't know for sure until late May but that still could change even after they give us ETA of build/Delivery.

tlowell01

Rank VI

Don't delete

Aug 22, 2020
Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Lowell
Member #

I was wanting the Black top originally but changed my mind quick because I like the MIC look with CG.

Now with Badlands being a constraint may get pushed to 22MY when I had a glimmer of hope for a 21MY...

Won't know for sure until late May but that still could change even after they give us ETA of build/Delivery.
Where did you hear that Badlands was a constraint? I've only ever seen Wildtrak...

gvanroy

Rank V

Supporter III

Aug 9, 2020
Seven Bays, WA, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
VanRoy
Member #

Was going to do the same. The company I contacted about wrapping said that the MIC most likely couldn't be wrapped. They had issues with some Jeep tops that had a similar finish.

Reactions: Rgwinn