Bronco is shipped and hoping for tips before pick up

Heidi5869
Aug 04, 2022

Rank I

Aug 04, 2022

Hello everyone
My Bronco is set to arrive tomorrow or Sat.. I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything about the $1000 Ford has given dealerships, to help appease Bronco customers like myself who have been waiting months for their order. I'd be curious if that could be taken off the MRSP. Also any recommendations/advice on extended warranties?
Thanks in advance Heidi :)
Sven, Laura
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 04, 2022

Rank III

Aug 04, 2022

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Heidi, but I think that program expired recently. Congratulations on getting your Bronco in a day or so!

As for warranties, check out Flood Ford or Granger Ford for the best deals. I think Granger's is $50 over cost.
Deano Bronc, MobScene13

Yea… I’m a bit OBSESSED

Aug 05, 2022

Hey Heidi, congrats the wait is almost over! Unfortunately, the $1000 incentive expired in June 2022. I know this for a fact because I waited 523 days from order to delivery of my Wildtrak only to find out that that dealer option had expired. I don’t know when you placed your order, or your reservation status but back in December 1921, Ford was offering an additional 20,000 Ford pass reward points for those of us that had to wait so long. I still haven’t received his initial points because my salesman informed me that I had to clean those. He was misinformed, the dealership has to claim them for you and can at any time. As fat as an extended warranty goes, I opted for the seven year 100,000 mile Ford extended warranty. It can be worked into your monthly payment through your bank or through Ford motor credit, or can be a separate bill that you pay monthly. If I’m not mistaken, that warranty was about $3200, considering the 12 inch display in my wild track could cost up to $5000 to replace, I felt that a $3200 investment over 30 months at 0%APR-was well worth it. Keep us posted when you take delivery of your new bronco, happy trails, and keep the shiny side up
Heidi5869

Rank V

Aug 05, 2022

Congrats!! Just be sure to check to see if you have any price protection money due to you. There is some helpful price protection information in the Bronco Order Holder FAQ's (I linked it below).

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...onco-order-holder-frequently-asked-questions/
22 BB 4dr SAS 2.7 Mid Pkg Hot Pepper Red, Delivered 8/25
Previous 2019 F150 Ruby Red SCrew 3.5 Eco, XLT Sport/FX4 302A
Chief1301, Ditchrunner

Burrito Connoisseur

Aug 05, 2022

Just to echo what @frdfan said, I suggest you review the price protection thread so you refresh your memory on how much price protection you are owed (assuming your dealer agreed to MSRP). Link below...

https://thebronconation.com/forums/threads/reference-price-protection-programs.12217/
Also make sure you got all the FordPass points you are owed... information on that is available here. Note that it may actually take a few days for the FordPass points to appear on your account.

In terms of the warranty, it just kind of depends on what level of risk you are willing to accept. Personally I never get any extended warranty, but I'm also comfortable repairing my own vehicle if something breaks, and if something major breaks I have other vehicles I can drive. Keep in mind that you do not need to add an extended warranty the day you pick up your vehicle... it can be added anytime before the factory warranty expires. However, if you want your warranty rolled into your auto loan, then it needs to be purchased when buying your vehicle.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
Chief1301, frdfan

Rank I

Aug 05, 2022

Congrats!! Just be sure to check to see if you have any price protection money due to you. There is some helpful price protection information in the Bronco Order Holder FAQ's (I linked it below).

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...onco-order-holder-frequently-asked-questions/
Thank You!!!!!
frdfan

Rank 0

Aug 05, 2022

Hello everyone
My Bronco is set to arrive tomorrow or Sat.. I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything about the $1000 Ford has given dealerships, to help appease Bronco customers like myself who have been waiting months for their order. I'd be curious if that could be taken off the MRSP. Also any recommendations/advice on extended warranties?
I have been buying my warranties from Ford Protect for years. Great pricing and awesome coverage and when you sell or trade you can cancel and get your prorated money back in 3-5 days. I know this from experience. Call Steve at 313-957-5213 or | Ford Protect Extended Service Plans My current plan on our 2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend was $3615 for 8 years and 150,000 miles or you can do payments. Hope this helps.
FrankenRodz, Heidi5869

Rank I

Aug 05, 2022

Thanks everyone for the tips! Lets just hope I can get some of these rewards... Fingers crossed
2023outerbanksjim

Rank V

Aug 06, 2022

Hello everyone
Waiting for months? I am going on 2 years\

Rank V

Aug 06, 2022

Make sure you call you insurance and have the numbers ready to go in case you go late or get stuck there late. The worst is having to leave it cause the damninsurance can't be verified!
Heidi5869

Rank V

Aug 06, 2022

Waiting for months? I am going on 2 years\
Don't rain on someones parade..we all know people have waited, its not the OP's fault you've waited though.

Rank V

Aug 06, 2022

Make sure you call you insurance and have the numbers ready to go in case you go late or get stuck there late. The worst is having to leave it cause the damninsurance can't be verified!
This one blew my mind. Even though I wrote a check for the full out the door price, they wouldn't let me leave with the Bronco without insurance verification. Luckily I already had it lined up, just didn't expect that...
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow

Rank V

Aug 06, 2022

Most insurance companies will cover a new vehicle automatically for 30 days from purchase under the existing policy or until the customer supplies them with VIN and Lien holder information. So in most cases, current proof of insurance will satisfy the requirement at the dealership.
87BroncoVB, Chief1301

Home, home on the range

Aug 06, 2022

Most insurance companies will cover a new vehicle automatically for 30 days from purchase under the existing policy or until the customer supplies them with VIN and Lien holder information. So in most cases, current proof of insurance will satisfy the requirement at the dealership.
This was the case with mine. And the new F-150 we bought Wednesday. I keep forgetting to call to let them know we got a new truck.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
frdfan

Rank V

Aug 07, 2022

Note your mileage on delivery date to time of purchase. My dealer racked up 121 miles. Escalating with Ford. Have prove of miles on Ford app, service section.
Mine was what I would expect of a new custom order vehicle. Nobody should have to put up with more...
20220407_164649.jpg
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
Deano Bronc, nano77

Rank V

Aug 08, 2022

Note your mileage on delivery date to time of purchase. My dealer racked up 121 miles. Escalating with Ford. Have prove of miles on Ford app, service section.
What will it accomplish? Your odometer won't get reset and it's mileage that's put on before you bought it and is disclosed when the vehicle is sold, the dealer signs an odometer statement, and your warranty still has 36000 miles after the 121 miles was put on.

Rank IV

Aug 08, 2022

What will it accomplish? Your odometer won't get reset and it's mileage that's put on before you bought it and is disclosed when the vehicle is sold, the dealer signs an odometer statement, and your warranty still has 36000 miles after the 121 miles was put on.

Probably a slap on their wrists. I’ll find out. Just doesn’t seem right when the dealer’s mission statement is to be transparent to each customer. And , yes got extra warranty for 8 years (thru Granger Ford)… can use @ any Ford service. That was more than 50% savings than what my dealer offered!