Bronco II: What’s the biggest tire without cutting?

Commodore
Oct 24, 2020

Rank VI

Oct 24, 2020

I’d kind of like to keep a Bronco II (semi stock) for getting dirty. What tire/wheel combo will clear? Don’t want to mess up...

Rank II

Nov 02, 2020

4" lift with 32's, lots of room, never rubs, even turning with wheel to the stops.
Commodore

Rank VI

Nov 02, 2020

4" lift with 32's, lots of room, never rubs, even turning with wheel to the stops.
Thanks for that. Glad to know this...

Rank 0

Jul 14, 2021

Did you have to change your wheel? What were your dimensions of your wheel and your tire for your 4” lift kit? I’m trying to do the same thing and I am a little lost.

Rank 0

Jul 25, 2021

4" lift works with 32's as long as you don't bounce the front to bad. Had them on mine and crunched the fenders in front of the doors. I cut the fenders and went to 33's plenty of room. Also had to change the gearing to 4.56 with the 32's. 5th gear was pretty useless with the 84 2.8. The 2.9 with the extra hp would probable be fine.

Rank III

Feb 09, 2022

I’d kind of like to keep a Bronco II (semi stock) for getting dirty. What tire/wheel combo will clear? Don’t want to mess up...
The best thing you could do is buy an actual Bronco. Smallest tires you'll find on one will be 31's and you can fit 32's without a 4" lift. With a leveling kit alone you can reasonably fit 33s without rub. Cut the fenders and you can fit 35s no problems with a leveling kit. Plus the smallest engine you'll ever find in one would be a i6 300 4.9, which has plenty of torque for rolling 33s without even changing the gearing. Change the gearing to 4.10 or something like that and you could probably pull off 35's with just the i6.