Bronco II Photo Thread

88bustedbronc
Jul 08, 2020

Rank 0

Jul 08, 2020

I see no one else on here as posted on the bronco II. While it originally leaves a lot to be desired, I fell in love with mine after giving it what it should have had from the factory. I am the second owner (original owner was my aunt), purchased it in 2005 and was daily driven for a few years before getting the 6" lift and DD'd for a couple more years after that. Since about 2010, it has been a back burner project (due to college education - and costs-, marriage, and now children). My son just turned 5 in April and is insistent he wants it (I have contemplated selling it a few times because I needed the money or wasn't giving it the attention it deserved, but glad I have kept it). I look forward to wrenching on it once again but with my best buddy while we fix it up for his first vehicle. I figure its good for him to invest his blood, sweat, and tears into it and maybe some dollars, so he knows the hard work to get it there and won't be tempted to do anything stupid with it (i.e. not like me :ROFLMAO:) While I'm not sure I find images for all of my various modifications yet, I'd be happy to help those who are still wrenching on a bronco II. I did do the D35 front diff swap, although it didn't hold up to my abuse with only 33" tires. I also did the removable door mod (I have electric door locks and windows that still function when doors are on). The suspension lift, custom rear leaf springs, countless other minor modifications as needed, and of course maintenance and repairs. Happy to see a whole forum dedicated to just the bronco and excited for the upcoming full release of the new models. I have been trying to find a way to tell the wife that I will be throwing down a $100 reservation for a new one :LOL: to replace my tired '02 F-150 with 267k....

Anyways, hoping I can do a SAS in the front, a 8.8 rear swap, 5.0L and get the body fixed up in the next few years. It had to come out of retirement for a few days this last weekend while I replaced the intake manifold, plugs and coils on the F-150. I forgot how hot those things are in the cab in humid iowa summers without a/c! Last parts run I made with it, I came home to trans fluid dripping out of it (made a nice trail all the way down the road that I noticed after parking it). It still has the original A4LD, and I have a B&M temp gauge on it, and from what I could tell it didn't and shouldn't have overheated (I have overheated it in the past), so it might just be trans cooler line, didn't *want* to look close enough when my other 2 vehicles are also down. (01 civic work car had timing belt teeth shear off...its awaiting a new cyl head) So like always, there is always more work to do before the fun can be had.

bronc.jpg
NefariousFraggle, BuzzyBud
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 08, 2020

Rank 0

Jul 08, 2020

Nice B2. Good to see another B2 owner on the forums. I have an 86 that has come a long way as well. I added 6" lift, tires and wheels, a tone of engine work, and a backyard paint job. Swapped the A4LD for the M5OD manual, hoping to do the axle swap in the future.Open field 3.jpg
NefariousFraggle, BuzzyBud

Rank 0

Jul 09, 2020

If you are considering your work a backyard paint job, our backyards must be quite a bit different! :LOL: The paint looks really good in your photo and has a good sheen to it that I normally don't see in what I have considered back yard jobs before. Great work and nice looking rig! I considered going to the manual trans at one point, but didn't know if that would be what I would want for trail driving. I considered going to a C4 or C5 auto when I do the 5.0 conversion, but maybe I should start considering a manual again. :unsure: Any complaints from going to the M50D?

At least I won't be the only B2 owner on here. I'm sure more will be filtering in as this site becomes more advertised and talked about.
BuzzyBud, Commodore

Rank 0

Jul 09, 2020

If you are considering your work a backyard paint job, our backyards must be quite a bit different! :LOL: The paint looks really good in your photo and has a good sheen to it that I normally don't see in what I have considered back yard jobs before. Great work and nice looking rig! I considered going to the manual trans at one point, but didn't know if that would be what I would want for trail driving. I considered going to a C4 or C5 auto when I do the 5.0 conversion, but maybe I should start considering a manual again. :unsure: Any complaints from going to the M50D?

At least I won't be the only B2 owner on here. I'm sure more will be filtering in as this site becomes more advertised and talked about.

Thanks! No real complaints with the M50D, I went through two A4LDs and had enough! I think if I were to do a 5.0 conversion, I would probably go back to automatic. Only because I think trail riding over obstacles would be tough on clutches.
BuzzyBud, Commodore

Rank 0

Jul 10, 2020

20200524_103036.jpg

Hello all fellow Baby Bronco nuts. This is all original except for the 4" lift and 30" tires. Only 95k miles.
BuzzyBud, Commodore

Rank VI

Jul 10, 2020

I have been looking at these for a few years. I'm still leaning towards a 1986 bull nose for the next Bronco.... but if i find a B2 for around $500 I'll chop that sucker down.. Throw in a 4.0l and M5od from an explorer and wheel the hell out of it. Got to CHOP...…. those windows really BUGME.....always have>

1987 Ford Bronco II pictures, photos, videos, and sounds ...BrettWilson 1985 Ford Bronco II Specs, Photos, Modification Info ...
London88brncoii, BuzzyBud

Rank II

Jul 10, 2020

I’m going to give this forum a shot, haven’t had much luck in the past with forums, I’m obsessed with my little bronco. I’m old school for sure but I love clutching and shifting. I’ve got 32’s, 410 gears so not super low geared but haven’t had to ride the clutch at all. Glad to have a place to share my obsession.
BuzzyBud, Commodore

Rank 0

Jul 12, 2020

BuzzyBud, Commodore

Rank 0

Jul 13, 2020

Thanks! No real complaints with the M50D, I went through two A4LDs and had enough! I think if I were to do a 5.0 conversion, I would probably go back to automatic. Only because I think trail riding over obstacles would be tough on clutches.

That was always my fear with a manual and trail driving was clutches would be an annual project lol. I think I may have found an early ranger/bronco II c5 somewhat locally that should bolt right in. If this doesn't work out, I have an acquaintance at a salvage yard in my town that said he would find one from another yard and could get it shipped to his shop. That option may come in handy in the future with my engine swap plans.
Commodore

Rank I

Jul 14, 2020

Nice to see all the fellow bronco ii owners Here is my little bronco ii has a 2.8l with a carb and a c5 auto transmission I started out as a 500 dollar beater with a rod knock and had a a shot interior but the body was completely rust free and is good shape
So I rebuilt the engine and Transmission last and gave it a front yard paint job and fixed up the interior with some new seats and a dash pad replacementA0FF0947-9C00-47F6-A4E4-799E8339BB25.jpeg
0B86AA30-3BF9-4A59-B43E-9A93239D8998.jpeg
3C5FAD9A-21C4-448F-A3BB-605DBCC4708F.jpeg
BuzzyBud, Commodore

Rank 0

Jul 14, 2020

nice work on the seats and door panels! they definitely look way more luxurious than mine! I also like where you decided to split the two tone paint. Its different than factory but I think its a nice touch to give yours separation from the rest, and looks natural yet too.
Commodore, 1984broncoii

Rank VI

Jul 14, 2020

LOVE the blue...... it almost looks textured in the pictures.... like Monstaliner. I have been prepping the top on my black 1996 to paint white. I ordered some white Darth Vader stickers for the tailgate to match the white top. I hope my rattle can masterpiece comes out half as nice as your white top.
Commodore

Rank I

Jul 15, 2020

LOVE the blue...... it almost looks textured in the pictures.... like Monstaliner. I have been prepping the top on my black 1996 to paint white. I ordered some white Darth Vader stickers for the tailgate to match the white top. I hope my rattle can masterpiece comes out half as nice as your white top.
thanks and white cane out good the blue came out rough at the wrong angle it looks kind of blotchy I hope to re paint it in the future with a proper paint job I will definitely keeping the same paint scheme and color
Commodore

Rank I

Jul 15, 2020

Thanks and the door panels I made from 1/8in abs sheet very easy to make just have to cut out the right shape I used my old door panel as a template and worked out pretty good and the seats are a set of Procar Lowback Series 1400 Seats 80-1400-53
Commodore

Rank I

Jul 15, 2020

nice work on the seats and door panels! they definitely look way more luxurious than mine! I also like where you decided to split the two tone paint. Its different than factory but I think its a nice touch to give yours separation from the rest, and looks natural yet too.
Thanks and the door panels I made from 1/8in abs sheet very easy to make just have to cut out the right shape I used my old door panel as a template and worked out pretty good and the seats are a set of Procar Lowback Series 1400 Seats 80-1400-53
Commodore

Rank II

Jul 15, 2020

nice lookin truck, love that manual trans case. Also like the back drop, looks like a great place to go wheelin.
Commodore, 1984broncoii

Rank II

Jul 15, 2020

last year near las cruces, cant wait to get back there

Attachments

BuzzyBud, tasker

Rank I

Jul 16, 2020

last year near las cruces, cant wait to get back there
looks like a nice spot to go wheeling I’m about 80 miles from las cruces and your bronco ii looks very nice And I like how you got the winch in the front
Commodore

Rank I

Jul 16, 2020

Here is some better pictures of my interior and it shows the custom storage boxes I built in to the back of the truck also I have a hand brake I use it as a back up for my hand controls so I’m not depending on electronics as my only way to stop it would also come in handy for drifting but don’t think I would ever try and drift a bronco ii
E455C1D0-9B79-4234-86F4-FCCECA527460.jpeg538579C3-DC61-415F-BC8B-8C0BA5705398.jpeg997B19BF-C62A-410B-8C7B-5682750028D0.jpeg
6603CC4E-0DE6-4983-A178-6A3D94B3528A.jpeg
6357D5FB-B1E0-4A90-8D9A-F2DB6E0D5F58.jpeg
NefariousFraggle, Commodore

Rank II

Jul 16, 2020

whats going on with your trans case shifter? is that a mod for electric shifter?
Commodore, tasker