Don't delete

Jul 22, 2020
Brooksville, FL 34601, USA
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Based on that pic it appears that the difference a greater than the 10mm that was previously discussed for the height differential for the Sasquatch package! That difference looks more Ike 10cm
The 10mm difference you’re calling into question is between the Badlands Suspension and Sasquatched models.

DaveTWave

Rank V

Super Supporter II

Aug 31, 2020
Constance, KY, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Landwehr
Member #

The 10mm difference you’re calling into question is between the Badlands Suspension and Sasquatched models.
the 10 CM is actually how much they limit the travel of the squatched suspension, the badland and sasquach suspension is the same except thjey limit the squatched by 10 CM to so the larger tires dont rub

Reactions: TK1215

F OR D

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Mar 14, 2021
USA
First Name
Yes
Last Name
Man
I love both!

I'm rolling w/ the BD non-SAS and it looks plenty big enough for me. Not rock crawling, daily driver with long trips, scaling mountains and trails it's perfect. I also like the cost savings up front and moving forward. Assumption is the non-SAS will have a better overall ride/MPG too, at least what I've experienced from other lifts w/ large tires.

But if I did need the gusto I would love the SAS; mean looking mf. Looks like it can handle anything and intimidate competitors. I've also heard it rides nice too and around 20/mpg average so talk about a win-win for customers. Can't wait to park next to a SAS and say hi dad lol.

Padams7

Rank V

Don't delete

Jul 22, 2020
Brooksville, FL 34601, USA
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

the 10 CM is actually how much they limit the travel of the squatched suspension, the badland and sasquach susspention is the same except thjey limit the squatched by 10 CM to so the larger tires dont rub
Thanks Dave, there is a post somewhere where the height difference is discussed with the Badlands on 33” tires and the Squatch 35” tires, and the difference comes out to 1.3” or 1.4” (working on 2 hours sleep after a long drive) - thus putting the question as to what else the Sasquatch Suspension has to provide the additional 10mm to the roof height. I understand the bump stops, but I believe there is a consensus that there is something else to add the 10mm, which is what he was referring to debating the BD and Sasquatch.

I’ll have to look for that thread shortly.

DaveTWave

Rank V

Super Supporter II

Aug 31, 2020
Constance, KY, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Landwehr
Member #

Thanks Dave, there is a post somewhere where the height difference is discussed with the Badlands on 33” tires and the Squatch 35” tires, and the difference comes out to 1.3” or 1.4” (working on 2 hours sleep after a long drive) - thus putting the question as to what else the Sasquatch Suspension has to provide the additional 10mm to the roof height. I understand the bump stops, but I believe there is a consensus that there is something else to add the 10mm, which is what he was referring to debating the BD and Sasquatch.

I’ll have to look for that thread shortly.
well the badlands suspension is different that the back diamond shown, the sasquatch suspension adds basically a 2 inch lift. the badlands has the sasquatch suspension already but does not have the 10cm limit travel that the sasquatch does so the 35s dont rub. so the 1.3 inches you are talking about come from tire height only. so if you compare compare BD to a sasquatched vehicle it is a differnce of of 2" plus 1.3 inches. if is is a BL vs a sasquatched vehicle it is only the 1.3"

willienme

Rank III

Advocate III

Feb 6, 2021
State College, PA, USA
First Name
thomas
Last Name
sekula
I expect my SAS ride similar to my 2018 Raptor, maybe a little off bc of the smaller wheelbase, that I could ride all day long. The Raptor 17 inch Firestone TAs are low on noise and turn smooth as glass. But it’s each their own as to U specific needs. I looked close at the stock tire but I chose the heavier front axle w the SAS.

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion II

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

Is it just me or is the shape of the door different on these models? I haven't seen them open in a side by side like this before... do all models vary or is the FE just different?
I had noticed that as well but was wondering if it was the camera angle or maybe the door angle.