Bronco Height Comparison - Non-Squatched Black Diamond v. First Edition

David
Mar 20, 2021

Rank VI

Mar 20, 2021

Great shot from @jparker comparing the heights of a non-Squatched Black Diamond vs. a First Edition.

Discuss.

BD-v-FE.jpg
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
doublebullout, Bronco_Girl
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2021

Rank IV

Mar 21, 2021

That non squatch BD is calling my name! I’m so excited for the new Bronco I can barely contain myself! I think my family is tired of hearing about it every day for months and months o_O
RonM0710, Brickhauler

Rank 0

Mar 21, 2021

Good to see some non-squatch rigs..thanks for sharing..
TK1215, Shadowblade

Wank ER

Mar 21, 2021

Nice side by side - funny to see non-squatch opposed to standard.
2021 FE Cactus Grey
TK1215, JohnnyC

No Ragerts

Mar 21, 2021

Based on that pic it appears that the difference a greater than the 10mm that was previously discussed for the height differential for the Sasquatch package! That difference looks more Ike 10cm
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
TK1215, Ian Lacasse

Rank VI

Mar 21, 2021

Based on that pic it appears that the difference a greater than the 10mm that was previously discussed for the height differential for the Sasquatch package! That difference looks more Ike 10cm

The 10mm difference you’re calling into question is between the Badlands Suspension and Sasquatched models.
TK1215, Vigor

Rank V

Mar 21, 2021

The 10mm difference you’re calling into question is between the Badlands Suspension and Sasquatched models.
the 10 CM is actually how much they limit the travel of the squatched suspension, the badland and sasquach suspension is the same except thjey limit the squatched by 10 CM to so the larger tires dont rub
TK1215

Rank II

Mar 21, 2021

I love both!

I'm rolling w/ the BD non-SAS and it looks plenty big enough for me. Not rock crawling, daily driver with long trips, scaling mountains and trails it's perfect. I also like the cost savings up front and moving forward. Assumption is the non-SAS will have a better overall ride/MPG too, at least what I've experienced from other lifts w/ large tires.

But if I did need the gusto I would love the SAS; mean looking mf. Looks like it can handle anything and intimidate competitors. I've also heard it rides nice too and around 20/mpg average so talk about a win-win for customers. Can't wait to park next to a SAS and say hi dad lol.
TK1215, TitsLaRue

Rank V

Mar 21, 2021

the difference you are looking at should be 2 inches plus added height from larger tire
TK1215, Cliffhanger

Rank VI

Mar 21, 2021

the 10 CM is actually how much they limit the travel of the squatched suspension, the badland and sasquach susspention is the same except thjey limit the squatched by 10 CM to so the larger tires dont rub

Thanks Dave, there is a post somewhere where the height difference is discussed with the Badlands on 33” tires and the Squatch 35” tires, and the difference comes out to 1.3” or 1.4” (working on 2 hours sleep after a long drive) - thus putting the question as to what else the Sasquatch Suspension has to provide the additional 10mm to the roof height. I understand the bump stops, but I believe there is a consensus that there is something else to add the 10mm, which is what he was referring to debating the BD and Sasquatch.

I’ll have to look for that thread shortly.
TK1215, DaveTWave

Rank VI

Mar 21, 2021

Thanks for sharing @David...both are sharp looking rigs! Although not Squatch level, the BD still has a pretty aggressive look to it which combined with all the off road goodies you get for the price is pretty awesome!
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
TK1215, 14U

Rank V

Mar 21, 2021

Thanks Dave, there is a post somewhere where the height difference is discussed with the Badlands on 33” tires and the Squatch 35” tires, and the difference comes out to 1.3” or 1.4” (working on 2 hours sleep after a long drive) - thus putting the question as to what else the Sasquatch Suspension has to provide the additional 10mm to the roof height. I understand the bump stops, but I believe there is a consensus that there is something else to add the 10mm, which is what he was referring to debating the BD and Sasquatch.

I’ll have to look for that thread shortly.
well the badlands suspension is different that the back diamond shown, the sasquatch suspension adds basically a 2 inch lift. the badlands has the sasquatch suspension already but does not have the 10cm limit travel that the sasquatch does so the 35s dont rub. so the 1.3 inches you are talking about come from tire height only. so if you compare compare BD to a sasquatched vehicle it is a differnce of of 2" plus 1.3 inches. if is is a BL vs a sasquatched vehicle it is only the 1.3"
TK1215, Giggles

Rank VI

Mar 23, 2021

Love it. Can't wait for my BD.
TK1215, ATC Enthusiast

Rank III

Mar 24, 2021

I expect my SAS ride similar to my 2018 Raptor, maybe a little off bc of the smaller wheelbase, that I could ride all day long. The Raptor 17 inch Firestone TAs are low on noise and turn smooth as glass. But it’s each their own as to U specific needs. I looked close at the stock tire but I chose the heavier front axle w the SAS.
TK1215, Gutter Clown

Life is a Highway

Mar 24, 2021

Looking at the side by side photos with the doors open, the FE appears to be about 3” taller. Looking at the bottom of the doors next to each other
Gutter Clown, ResidualGenius

Rank V

Mar 24, 2021

Is it just me or is the shape of the door different on these models? I haven't seen them open in a side by side like this before... do all models vary or is the FE just different?
2021 Bronco First Edition - Lightning Blue - Black Interior - 4-door
Also in the Driveway: 2020 Ford Expedition Platinum, 2017 Ford Edge Titanium, 2008 BMW 335i, 2007 Infiniti G35x, 2002 Chevy Tahoe
ResidualGenius, TK1215

Life is a Highway

Mar 24, 2021

Is it just me or is the shape of the door different on these models? I haven't seen them open in a side by side like this before... do all models vary or is the FE just different?
I saw that. Maybe 2 Dr and 4Dr
14U, rlack75

Rank VI

Mar 24, 2021

FE looks to be 2dr
the BD looks to be 4dr
Build week of 7/26....still....no its 8/16 now
TK1215

Libations MOD

Mar 24, 2021

I had noticed that as well but was wondering if it was the camera angle or maybe the door angle.
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
TK1215, Gutter Clown

Life is a Highway

Mar 24, 2021

Just checked that’s what it is
Jakob1972, 2ndGenBroncoOwner