Bronco For The Weekend

SlashRacer
Dec 13, 2021

Road trip!!!

Dec 13, 2021

My Ford dealership DeNooyer Ford let us take their demo bronco for the weekend. It’s a base 4dr, soft top 2.3L, auto with a Sasquatch package. We put almost 500 miles on it this weekend.

D988BBA9-9B53-4D94-87CF-062D7BE500B6.jpeg

We had made plans with @Deano Bronc and his wife a month ago to go to Rochester and see the Christmas lights. I talked Dean into letting us pick them up at the hotel they were staying in. I didn’t tell him we would be picking him up in a bronco.

The smile on the faces say it all when you realize you will be riding around in a bronco.
33F62B0F-789A-4C65-9A4D-F11B929F9234.jpeg

We left the hotel and went over to map.
87A0E4CD-3258-48F6-AFEB-65EFAB45C325.jpeg

Next, we took a drive over to “Dirt Mountain”. Yes, there are still some broncos there, but why they are there is unknown.

After discussion about what to do for dinner, we headed to the Ford’s Garage in Dearborn, MI. Our route to Ford’s Garage took us past MAP again. Driving past MAP this time, we noticed an Eruption Green bronco in the parking lot. :cool:

Dinner at Ford’s Garage
C6B6683F-B9CB-4E8A-A624-C21A8C815A11.jpeg

Sink in the bathroom at Ford’s Garage.
81834B20-6FEE-43DF-A221-1FB5E006A354.jpeg

After dinner, we ventured to Rochester and cruised the Bronco up and down the strip. Every building for 3 city blocks is covered with lights.

Rochester, MI
DA956D03-D83D-4FDC-9A43-E3E67D247989.jpeg80DFD297-A14E-49C7-988F-9034FD8C0735.jpeg17629CCE-5EE2-49B4-9265-EE9C05ABBF61.jpeg960E79FD-AA5A-4FD1-847B-27B3AFDA26F6.jpeg

My wife and I dropped Dean and his wife off and headed home back across the state.

Sunday my wife I went to church in the bronco. After church we decided to go to breakfast and she wanted to drive the bronco. I think this may have been a mistake on my part as it would be a while before I was behind the wheel again. She said she LOVES IT! She could not believe how nice and straight it drove and how easy it was to driving it. After breakfast she wanted to drive it again.

Then we took it out and tested theTrail Turn Assist. Yes…..wanted to drive it again. Halo wanted a ride in the bronco, so we took her with us.
71876BD8-63FB-4132-B229-16E56C7AF459.jpeg

After 3 days and nearly 500 miles this is my review.

I was extremely impressed with the 2.3L. Anyone who ordered it WILL NOT be disappointed with its performance.

The bronco is so easy to drive, it almost drives itself. It does not wander in the lane and need constant corrections like other vehicles.

Road noise
The bronco had 35” MT tires so the noise was what I expected.

Softop
At 55mph, it’s not bad. It’s actually pretty quiet. At 70mph, it’s hard to carry on a conversation with someone in the back seat. I’m glad our bronco will have the MIC top.

There was a whistle that comes off the drivers side mirror and starts around 45mph. This gets extremely annoying at 55mph. I hear there is a TSB to fix this.

The cloth seats in the base seemed harder then the MGV seats I sat in before.

All in all, Ford knocked it out of the park with the Bronco. I absolutely LOVED driving the bronco and can’t wait for ours to be built!
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
Darrel, nic
Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2021

No Ragerts

Dec 13, 2021

Sounds like a terrific weekend and thanks for sharing but, I gotta ask - where’s the pic of the Eruption Green Bronco you saw at MAP?!?
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
BroncOitis, SlashRacer

Road trip!!!

Dec 13, 2021

Sounds like a terrific weekend and thanks for sharing but, I gotta ask - where’s the pic of the Eruption Green Bronco you saw at MAP?!?
We actually swung back around to go back by it again and they had moved it up by the building.
Bschurr

Road trip!!!

Dec 13, 2021

We actually swung back around to go back by it again and they had moved it up by the building.
@Deano Bronc and I were at the reveal for eruption green. They also had it on display at the bronco corral at the Woodward Dream cruise.

6B30D010-1FEE-47BF-A74F-54B6865E2F3C.jpeg4532ED4B-C798-47AE-BEFF-2118FFFA4D9F.jpeg
BuckYeah, rk105rider

Rank V

Dec 13, 2021

My Ford dealership DeNooyer Ford let us take their demo bronco for the weekend. It’s a base 4dr, soft top 2.3L, auto with a Sasquatch package. We put almost 500 miles on it this weekend.

View attachment 23591

We had made plans with @Deano Bronc and his wife a month ago to go to Rochester and see the Christmas lights. I talked Dean into letting us pick them up at the hotel they were staying in. I didn’t tell him we would be picking him up in a bronco.

The smile on the faces say it all when you realize you will be riding around in a bronco.
View attachment 23592

View attachment 23593

Next, we took a drive over to “Dirt Mountain”. Yes, there are still some broncos there, but why they are there is unknown.

After discussion about what to do for dinner, we headed to the Ford’s Garage in Dearborn, MI. Our route to Ford’s Garage took us past MAP again. Driving past MAP this time, we noticed an Eruption Green bronco in the parking lot. :cool:

Dinner at Ford’s Garage
View attachment 23594

View attachment 23595

After dinner, we ventured to Rochester and cruised the Bronco up and down the strip. Every building for 3 city blocks is covered with lights.

Rochester, MI
View attachment 23596View attachment 23598View attachment 23599View attachment 23600

My wife and I dropped Dean and his wife off and headed home back across the state.

Sunday my wife I went to church in the bronco. After church we decided to go to breakfast and she wanted to drive the bronco. I think this may have been a mistake on my part as it would be a while before I was behind the wheel again. She said she LOVES IT! She could not believe how nice and straight it drove and how easy it was to driving it. After breakfast she wanted to drive it again.

Then we took it out and tested theTrail Turn Assist. Yes…..wanted to drive it again. Halo wanted a ride in the bronco, so we took her with us.
View attachment 23601

I was extremely impressed with the 2.3L. Anyone who ordered it WILL NOT be disappointed with its performance.

The bronco is so easy to drive, it almost drives itself. It does not wander in the lane and need constant corrections like other vehicles.

Road noise

Softop
At 55mph, it’s not bad. It’s actually pretty quiet. At 70mph, it’s hard to carry on a conversation with someone in the back seat. I’m glad our bronco will have the MIC top.

There was a whistle that comes off the drivers side mirror and starts around 45mph. This gets extremely annoying at 55mph. I hear there is a TSB to fix this.

All in all, Ford knocked it out of the park with the Bronco. I absolutely LOVED driving the bronco and can’t wait for ours to be built!
So what did the Lab say...paws up or paws down!!
BroncOitis

Road trip!!!

Dec 13, 2021

So what did the Lab say...paws up or paws down!!
Paws up! She has the whole back seat now instead of just one seat in our Acadia.

I’m glad we ordered a Badlands which has MGV seats and a wash down floor. She sheds BAD!!!
Deano Bronc, BroncOitis

Rank V

Dec 13, 2021

That is amazing! Basesquatch is the way to go IMO. I get wanting the extra features but other than sway bar disconnect and blind spot monitors I haven’t missed anything really.
Deano Bronc, TorgSurv

Rank III

Dec 13, 2021

Awesome review! Thanks for sharing! I am really glad to see a real Picture, of the Eruption Green Color…I love it!
C6C5B802-A461-4624-96B8-DA8A7E28D287.jpeg
TorgSurv, SlashRacer

Rank 0

Dec 13, 2021

View attachment 23591

View attachment 23592

View attachment 23593

Dinner at Ford’s Garage
View attachment 23594

View attachment 23595

Rochester, MI
View attachment 23596View attachment 23598View attachment 23599View attachment 23600

View attachment 23601

Road noise

Softop

Thank you for sharing your adventure with us! Looks like you had a lovely weekend!
Deano Bronc, SlashRacer

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Dec 13, 2021

Seeing stories like this make me smile.

Congrats on the hell of a weekend! Too awesome, glad you guys also took her offroading as well
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
Deano Bronc, TorgSurv

Rank V

Dec 13, 2021

View attachment 23591

View attachment 23592

View attachment 23593

Dinner at Ford’s Garage
View attachment 23594

View attachment 23595

Rochester, MI

View attachment 23601

Road noise

Softop

Thank you so much for sharing, super cool photos! So happy you had a good weekend with the Bronco. Looks like you guys had an awesome time!
Deano Bronc, TorgSurv
OBXBroncoGuy

Dec 14, 2021

Agree! Looks like all had a good time! Very jealous! IF you guys ever up Northern VA, let me know! @Deano Bronc You and your wife likes like me and my wife, tho I have a beard and wear glasses..but close! lol
SlashRacer, Deano Bronc

Prisoner #19359

Dec 14, 2021

So cool that you guys could meet up! Fun times. Question: did you know each other ahead of time or was this the first time you met? If first time, we’re you worried that @Deano Bronc could be an ax murderer? Just curious! Haha… jealous of you guys but glad you had a great time.
2023 Bronco,Black Diamond 🏴‍☠️ Velocity Blue 🟦, 4Door, SAS, MIC, Mid, 2.7m, Orig Order: 9/10/21 Blend Date: 11/30/22. Built: 12/02, Shipped 12/4, Arrived at dealer on 12/23, Took possession on 12/30/22!!! 476 Days after ordering.
Goodyear, AZ 🌵🔆
Deano Bronc, SlashRacer

Road trip!!!

Dec 14, 2021

So cool that you guys could meet up! Fun times. Question: did you know each other ahead of time or was this the first time you met? If first time, we’re you worried that @Deano Bronc could be an ax murderer? Just curious! Haha… jealous of you guys but glad you had a great time.
Dean and I met here. We private messaged for a while here, then exchanged phone numbers. Now we text bronco talk almost daily. We met in person at the Bronco Take Over at Silver Lake. Dean and his wife for fortunate and got to ride around the dunes in the back of a wildtrak. We met up after they were done riding around.

Now we are bronco bromances. We live a couple hours away. We(our wives and us) get together around once a month to have dinner together. Both of us have places rented in Buena Vista, CO for next years Supercel West.
Deano Bronc, TK1215

Prisoner #19359

Dec 14, 2021

Dean and I met here. We private messaged for a while here, then exchanged phone numbers. Now we text bronco talk almost daily. We met in person at the Bronco Take Over at Silver Lake. Dean and his wife for fortunate and got to ride around the dunes in the back of a wildtrak. We met up after they were done riding around.

Now we are bronco bromances. We live a couple hours away. We(our wives and us) get together around once a month to have dinner together. Both of us have places rented in Buena Vista, CO for next years Supercel West.

That’s so cool. Hope I can do some of the same out here in AZ when I get mine (in 2022/2023)
2023 Bronco,Black Diamond 🏴‍☠️ Velocity Blue 🟦, 4Door, SAS, MIC, Mid, 2.7m, Orig Order: 9/10/21 Blend Date: 11/30/22. Built: 12/02, Shipped 12/4, Arrived at dealer on 12/23, Took possession on 12/30/22!!! 476 Days after ordering.
Goodyear, AZ 🌵🔆
TK1215, SlashRacer

Rank VI

Dec 14, 2021

Paws up! She has the whole back seat now instead of just one seat in our Acadia.

I’m glad we ordered a Badlands which has MGV seats and a wash down floor. She sheds BAD!!!
Labs don’t shed they’re building other labs!!
TK1215, Deano Bronc

Road trip!!!

Dec 14, 2021

Labs don’t shed they’re building other labs!!
We took her in for a wash and blow a month ago. She barely shed for about 2 weeks. After that, it was right back to shedding as normal.

Rank VI

Dec 14, 2021

We took her in for a wash and blow a month ago. She barely shed for about 2 weeks. After that, it was right back to shedding as normal.
My wife says my girlfriend is a blonde. Just a sweet breed. Amazingly smart.
SlashRacer

Road trip!!!

Dec 14, 2021

That’s so cool. Hope I can do some of the same out here in AZ when I get mine (in 2022/2023)
There are a lot of really good people here and most of us have the same interest……BRONCO

@TK1215 lives in Arizona. The 3 of us are in a group text chat and we text daily. Some of the texts are :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Deano Bronc, BroncoFred

Road trip!!!

Dec 14, 2021

My wife says my girlfriend is a blonde. Just a sweet breed. Amazingly smart.
Halo(our lab) will be with us at Supercel west next September. She goes everywhere with us.
Deano Bronc