Bronco Delayment - Food for Thought

Bronco_Girl
Jun 27, 2021

Rank VI

Jun 27, 2021

I know people are disappointed their Broncos got delayed! I am too!! But I thought I would post a thread with "food for thought" on how to see it as, "the glass is half-full" instead of it being, "the glass is half-empty". Who wants to carry around negative feelings? I don't!! Because negative feelings make you feel like crap and they suck! They steel your joy away and prevent you from living to your fullest.

I see this announcement from Ford of delaying the Bronco as an analogy to a marriage. You fall in love (Whoot! Look at the new Bronco!), you get engaged and plan your marriage/life out, agree to certain things, how you see finances, etc (Whoot! Whoot! I placed a reservation), you get married (Whoot! Whoot! Whoot! I placed an order) and then live your lives together as planned, looking forward to the coming years (waiting patiently for delivery of your MY21 Bronco and grinning everytime you think about what you will do with it and how it will feel to drive). Then your spouse messes-up and goes outside of the agreed upon plans. And it hurts!! (Ford didn't keep it's promises. MY21 reservation holders get a MY22 or MY23.)

SOOOOOOOOOO........

Do you stop loving your spouse?? Some people would say yes and bail. But YOU are still in love!! (I love the Bronco!) And you are committed to your marriage. (I REALLY want the new Bronco!) While it sucks you get a hiccup in the road of marriage, and you are angry, you are disappointed, you give a second chance (I can't undo it) offered in love and support your spouse. (I STILL want my Bronco!). Waiting for the changes to happen, the fall-out to be remedied and then moving on. Knowing forgiveness will give you your marriage back and a wonderful future to look forward to! (Driving your Bronco and going on adventures for years to come!)

Here are some things I can think of to help people through this.

PLEASE ADD THINGS YOU CAN THINK OF!

° You will have more time to save-up money for your Bronco. Let's face it, most people were not going to pay all-cash up front. So you have time to either pay it in-full, or put more of a deposit down to lower your payments and terms of length. Less interest to your bank has to sound good! Ford also extended the guaranteed pricing to stay.

° Some people compromised on models and features because it went outside their budget. You now have time to save-up more and get what you want!

° Ford has announced the Bronco will be it's own brand so Ford will be coming out with several other Bronco models by 2023 that may entice you more than what is being offered now (a Raptor/Warthog, A Pick-Up, Hybrids, Electric, Diesel are in the works for sure. Probably a Shelby, and probably an expensive V8 will come out. Perhaps A MANUAL OUTSIDE THE 4 CYL). The full-size Bronco we know for certain will have options for MY22 that the MY21 doesn't have. Including a HERITAGE package/model!! And new colors.

° There will be used, full-sized Broncos on the market soon for you to purchase.

° You have more time to dream and plan your adventures out.

° You will STILL get to show your future kids and grandkids the classic collector MY22 or MY23 Bronco that you bought brand new! And be the coolest parent or grandparent on the block!

° First year models are often plagued with recalls. You won't have to be a guinea pig for Ford. Ford will have time to get rid of all the nooks and crannies that are squealing.

° By waiting, you won't have to compromise on the quality of your build. I don't want Ford to slap together crappie parts and lower the quality just to get it sooner. Most of you plan on having this for a while, or even for life like me. I want my Bronco to not be a POS in a decade.

° You can use your Bronco funds to spend elsewhere (an old, cool, cheap, fun vehicle anyone?) since you have time.

I typed this all up with my cell phone one letter at a time. During a heat wave of triple numbers. With no A/C. (Because WE DON'T NEED A/C in this part of the country!) Why? Because I love all my fellow Bronco enthusiasts and want you to still be in love too! Don't dispare and cancel your order! YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!! Just keep looking forward to the future to get you through! And leaving threads here at the Bronco Nation. I'm looking forward to BN meet-ups, BN regional clubs, BN adventures and driving my Bronco there to meet you all.

ROCK-ON BN!!!!
Laura, Deano Bronc

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Jun 27, 2021

Right now this relationship (Me and Ford) seems more like a friends experience with a lengthy relationship he had back in the day . After a few years of his failure to commit she found someone else (a Tacoma TRD Pro )
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
Deano Bronc, Chief1301

Libations MOD

Jun 27, 2021

Right now this relationship (Me and Ford) seems more like a friends experience with a lengthy relationship he had back in the day . After a few years of his failure to commit she found someone else (a Tacoma TRD Pro )
Spot on there, so many failed attempts that you have to eventually move on or you are the only one to blame for getting hung out to dry
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Rydfree

Chief

Jun 27, 2021

I know people are disappointed their Broncos got delayed! I am too!! But I thought I would post a thread with "food for thought" on how to see it as, "the glass is half-full" instead of it being, "the glass is half-empty". Who wants to carry around negative feelings? I don't!! Because negative feelings make you feel like crap and they suck! They steel your joy away and prevent you from living to your fullest.

I see this announcement from Ford of delaying the Bronco as an analogy to a marriage. You fall in love (Whoot! Look at the new Bronco!), you get engaged and plan your marriage/life out, agree to certain things, how you see finances, etc (Whoot! Whoot! I placed a reservation), you get married (Whoot! Whoot! Whoot! I placed an order) and then live your lives together as planned, looking forward to the coming years (waiting patiently for delivery of your MY21 Bronco and grinning everytime you think about what you will do with it and how it will feel to drive). Then your spouse messes-up and goes outside of the agreed upon plans. And it hurts!! (Ford didn't keep it's promises. MY21 reservation holders get a MY22 or MY23.)

SOOOOOOOOOO........

Do you stop loving your spouse?? Some people would say yes and bail. But YOU are still in love!! (I love the Bronco!) And you are committed to your marriage. (I REALLY want the new Bronco!) While it sucks you get a hiccup in the road of marriage, and you are angry, you are disappointed, you give a second chance (I can't undo it) offered in love and support your spouse. (I STILL want my Bronco!). Waiting for the changes to happen, the fall-out to be remedied and then moving on. Knowing forgiveness will give you your marriage back and a wonderful future to look forward to! (Driving your Bronco and going on adventures for years to come!)

Here are some things I can think of to help people through this.

PLEASE ADD THINGS YOU CAN THINK OF!

° You will have more time to save-up money for your Bronco. Let's face it, most people were not going to pay all-cash up front. So you have time to either pay it in-full, or put more of a deposit down to lower your payments and terms of length. Less interest to your bank has to sound good! Ford also extended the guaranteed pricing to stay.

° Some people compromised on models and features because it went outside their budget. You now have time to save-up more and get what you want!

° Ford has announced the Bronco will be it's own brand so Ford will be coming out with several other Bronco models by 2023 that may entice you more than what is being offered now (a Raptor/Warthog, A Pick-Up, Hybrids, Electric, Diesel are in the works for sure. Probably a Shelby, and probably an expensive V8 will come out. Perhaps A MANUAL OUTSIDE THE 4 CYL). The full-size Bronco we know for certain will have options for MY22 that the MY21 doesn't have. Including a HERITAGE package/model!! And new colors.

° There will be used, full-sized Broncos on the market soon for you to purchase.

° You have more time to dream and plan your adventures out.

° You will STILL get to show your future kids and grandkids the classic collector MY22 or MY23 Bronco that you bought brand new! And be the coolest parent or grandparent on the block!

° First year models are often plagued with recalls. You won't have to be a guinea pig for Ford. Ford will have time to get rid of all the nooks and crannies that are squealing.

° By waiting, you won't have to compromise on the quality of your build. I don't want Ford to slap together crappie parts and lower the quality just to get it sooner. Most of you plan on having this for a while, or even for life like me. I want my Bronco to not be a POS in a decade.

° You can use your Bronco funds to spend elsewhere (an old, cool, cheap, fun vehicle anyone?) since you have time.

I typed this all up with my cell phone one letter at a time. During a heat wave of triple numbers. With no A/C. (Because WE DON'T NEED A/C in this part of the country!) Why? Because I love all my fellow Bronco enthusiasts and want you to still be in love too! Don't dispare and cancel your order! YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!! Just keep looking forward to the future to get you through! And leaving threads here at the Bronco Nation. I'm looking forward to BN meet-ups, BN regional clubs, BN adventures and driving my Bronco there to meet you all.

ROCK-ON BN!!!!
Thank you for the well written positive thoughts. Those of us that haven't received a Build Date yet, need these "glass half full" points of view. I hope it is well received by The Bronco Nation.
Deano Bronc, Bronco_Girl

Rank V

Jun 27, 2021

I am using this time to get my head and finances straight. Cancer is an expensive disease. Jill and I also get to plan out what we will be doing with the trio of broncos as well as where we are going to go. We already have 2 trips planned for the next 2 months. The first time in 3 years since we have stayed away from the house for even just one night.
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage
Deano Bronc, Rydfree