Super Supporter II

Nov 17, 2020
Sherwood, OR, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Please remember Ford is using two phases. One is called Connected Navigation and the other is called Connected Built-In Navigation. I believe they are two different products. One is in the high package and the other is in the lux package. I suspect the lux package may cause a delay because of the Connected Built-In Navigation. Hope this helps!
Crap, I was gonna add the connected built in navigation. Hmmmm

• Sad
Reactions: BuzzyBud

Hobgoblin

Rank VI

Champion III

Jul 29, 2020
Milton, Georgia
First Name
MATT
Last Name
HOBBS
Member #

Please remember Ford is using two phases. One is called Connected Navigation and the other is called Connected Built-In Navigation. I believe they are two different products. One is in the high package and the other is in the lux package. I suspect the lux package may cause a delay because of the Connected Built-In Navigation. Hope this helps!
Thanks Buzzy. I appreciated your research into these two types of navigation and the connection to the Lux package.

It would be great to get deeper insight into the real differences. @David, maybe this is something that can be explored with Q&A? I was planning on upgrading to the built-in with Bad Lands but will really need to understand the differences. This may be an area where I pass on it. I also don’t know much about the Sync 4 system.

Last edited:

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

Thanks Buzzy. I appreciated your research into these two types of navigation and the connection to the Lux package.

It would be great to get deeper insight into the real differences. @David, maybe this is something that can be explored with Q&A? I was planning on upgrading to the built-in with Bad Lands but will really need to understand the differences. This may be an area where I pass on it. I also don’t know much about the Sync 4 system.
Remember, Jordan warned us in Post #2 of this thread that Ford would not answer all questions submitted. I suspect the whole issue of Connected Navigation, Connected Built-In Navigation, and Trail Maps are somehow interrelated. I also suspect Ford is not yet ready to discuss which package you need to select in order to obtain Trail Maps. Trail Maps might be one of those MY22 issues. Weeks ago during another thread discussion, @David and I were speaking to the Round-Up function on Bronco Nations and how Trail Maps could help us. At the time, @David seemed intent on obtaining answers from Ford. This latest video raised my eyebrows when the topic did not surface. I honestly do not think @David will be able to obtain from Ford the answers we seek.

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

Remember, Jordan warned us in Post #2 of this thread that Ford would not answer all questions submitted. I suspect the whole issue of Connected Navigation, Connected Built-In Navigation, and Trail Maps are somehow interrelated. I also suspect Ford is not yet ready to discuss which package you need to select in order to obtain Trail Maps. Trail Maps might be one of those MY22 issues. Weeks ago during another thread discussion, @David and I were speaking to the Round-Up function on Bronco Nations and how Trail Maps could help us. At the time, @David seemed intent on obtaining answers from Ford. This latest video raised my eyebrows when the topic did not surface. I honestly do not think @David will be able to obtain from Ford the answers we seek.
Why do you think it has to do with the navigation and/or trail maps? Did I miss something on this subject?
I know he mentioned the lux package but couldn't that be issues with the B&O system also?
I'm not saying you're wrong, but just wondering if I missed something.

David

Rank VI
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

I suspect the whole issue of Connected Navigation, Connected Built-In Navigation, and Trail Maps are somehow interrelated. I also suspect Ford is not yet ready to discuss which package you need to select in order to obtain Trail Maps. Trail Maps might be one of those MY22 issues.
The answer is actually pretty simple. Trail maps operate through the Ford Pass Performance app. Our understanding is that the Ford Pass Performance app is compatible with Broncos that have the Mid, High, and Lux packages. The reason is that the Base equipment group doesn't have the GPS hardware required to make the feature work.

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

Why do you think it has to do with the navigation and/or trail maps? Did I miss something on this subject?
I know he mentioned the lux package but couldn't that be issues with the B&O system also?
I'm not saying you're wrong, but just wondering if I missed something.
OK, first off I am making assumptions. Yes, the Lux package issue which could cause late availability may be the B&O system. It could be any of the individual components. However, the most cutting edge item is the Connected Built-In Navigation. When you read through all the press releases on the Telenav website, you understand this is currently in development and one could say it is part of vaporware. To date, no one seems to either understand or be willing to discuss. For me, that makes it a prime candidate for late availability.

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

OK, first off I am making assumptions. Yes, the Lux package issue which could cause late availability may be the B&O system. It could be any of the individual components. However, the most cutting edge item is the Connected Built-In Navigation. When you read through all the press releases on the Telenav website, you understand this is currently in development and one could say it is part of vaporware. To date, no one seems to either understand or be willing to discuss. For me, that makes it a prime candidate for late availability.
Ok, I gotcha. (y)

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

The answer is actually pretty simple. Trail maps operate through the Ford Pass Performance app. Our understanding is that the Ford Pass Performance app is compatible with Broncos that have the Mid, High, and Lux packages. The reason is that the Base equipment group doesn't have the GPS hardware required to make the feature work.
@David This is helpful. Thank you. I was assuming the Trail Maps software is a Telenav product and would require Connected Navigation or Connected Built-In Navigation to be operating on the Bronco Sync 4 system. On the Mid-level, I believe Connected Nav is a subscription-based product after 90 days. In other words, you need to continue your subscription to operate Trail Maps. I thought the Ford Pass Performance App is more like a GUI (Graphical User Interface). From what I have read, the app was implemented primarily to support the Ford Mach-E release so owners could more easily manage their charging locations, etc.

Reactions: Bronc96

PSUTE

Rank V

Don't delete

Oct 2, 2020
Negro Mountain
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Johnson
Wow, another reason to be glad I'm getting a base!!!

guzie

Rank V

Champion I

Jul 25, 2020
Grand Rapids mi
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Guzniczak
Member #

Right now all is speculation and just stirring the pot of anxiousness. Build what you want to build and get it when it comes. I’m still going to build my lux wildtrak and if it slips to fall then so be it. I was a day 2 reservation so I am hoping I will still be pretty early in delivery but if I need to wait a bit more then so be it. It’s been how many years since we had the last bronco produced by Ford? What is waiting some months for what you REALLY want instead of compromising and ordering something just to get it faster. I mean we all have something to drive now while we wait.

David

Rank VI
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

Since I reserved a FE, I may just order the SB mod top and wait for late availability to ensure all this stuff is worked out. :cool:
Might be a good strategy, remember though, they are building FCTP units for dealerships first. Could be a pretty big run if most dealerships with reservations take them up on it. I don't know what the magic number is as far as how many units it takes to "work the kinks out" but the first ones off the line aren't going to customers.

Rank 0

Advocate I

Jan 2, 2021
Julian, CA 92036, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Ridgway
As a FE reservation holder I must say that I am disappointed. I need a 4 door, I overland camp in moderate+ terrain and also need to tow or throw on a hitch style bike rack on occasion. No tow package (4dr FE) and no roof rack for camping are deal breakers! This doesn't seem very "Bronco Like" given the promotions and concept Bronco's Ford has shown. These are basic standards/necessities on any SUV and should certainly be available on the Bronco flagship model??? The FE is starting to look more like a "First Prototype" / "white elephant" edition, at least in the 4 door model. I'm sure some 2 door buyer will be happy to fill my reservation slot... Bummed! (Adding a tow hitch and towing leaves me with no insurance coverage while towing or for my trailer if the vehicle is not rated for it, it is also a vehicle code violation in many states).

Bronc96

Rank VI

Champion I

Jul 11, 2020
Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Henderson
Member #

As a FE reservation holder I must say that I am disappointed. I need a 4 door, I overland camp in moderate+ terrain and also need to tow or throw on a hitch style bike rack on occasion. No tow package (4dr FE) and no roof rack for camping are deal breakers! This doesn't seem very "Bronco Like" given the promotions and concept Bronco's Ford has shown. These are basic standards/necessities on any SUV and should certainly be available on the Bronco flagship model??? The FE is starting to look more like a "First Prototype" / "white elephant" edition, at least in the 4 door model. I'm sure some 2 door buyer will be happy to fill my reservation slot... Bummed! (Adding a tow hitch and towing leaves me with no insurance coverage while towing or for my trailer if the vehicle is not rated for it, it is also a vehicle code violation in many states).
I agree, doesn't make much sense to me either. I understand liability and not exceeding GVWR capacity, however the Bronco is marketed as a go anywhere outdoor enthusiast's vehicle so one would think Ford would of designed these capabilities into all trim levels...a big miss in my book.

gvanroy

Rank V

Supporter III

Aug 9, 2020
Seven Bays, WA, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
VanRoy
Member #

Maybe another question back to Ford for the next Q&A
  • Why can a 4 Door Badlands be built out the same (minus Brush Guard/Sound Deadening Headliner) as a 4 Door First Edition and still include a tow package? Is it a B&P Bug? Does the Sound Deadening Headliner and Front Brush Guard really put an FE within range of the GVWR? Why can I add a Front Winch to an FE then?
I said it in another post, it seems as though the Bronco in 4 Door form maybe wasn't sized appropriately. While I understand some limitations of accessory weighs and the B&P, the tough choices they had to make on some accessories, etc. The logical/common sense side of me is still trying to understand how you can add a 125/135 lb winch to the front of your Bronco, but can't add Sound Deadening Headliner to a hard top without dropping a motor size in the Badlands. Or I can add that same winch, but can't add just the brush guard without dropping down a motor size. So what is is specifically about the FE that doesn't allow for the tow package if you can get one on a Badlands? There's something rotten in Denmark (Detroit). If the 4 Door Bronco cannot handle a fraction of the accessories offered, then should I be concerned as a consumer? I think Ford over stated and is going to under deliver. Makes you wonder about the slide out tailgate and what sacrifices you need to have it.

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

I wonder if it is just a way to get people to buy certain models? I mean how about letting us decide what we want? Just weird that certain models can/can’t get certain features? And yet they build out certain prototypes with features we can’t get together on individual models? I am gonna just stick with the one that is the closest to what I want and then wait for the aftermarket. Just have to be mindful of all the extra weight the goodies add on

Reactions: Bronc96

Vigor

Rank V

Promoter III

Dec 31, 2020
Philadelphia, PA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Farrar
Member #

Maybe another question back to Ford for the next Q&A
  • Why can a 4 Door Badlands be built out the same (minus Brush Guard/Sound Deadening Headliner) as a 4 Door First Edition and still include a tow package? Is it a B&P Bug? Does the Sound Deadening Headliner and Front Brush Guard really put an FE within range of the GVWR? Why can I add a Front Winch to an FE then?
I said it in another post, it seems as though the Bronco in 4 Door form maybe wasn't sized appropriately. While I understand some limitations of accessory weighs and the B&P, the tough choices they had to make on some accessories, etc. The logical/common sense side of me is still trying to understand how you can add a 125/135 lb winch to the front of your Bronco, but can't add Sound Deadening Headliner to a hard top without dropping a motor size in the Badlands. Or I can add that same winch, but can't add just the brush guard without dropping down a motor size. So what is is specifically about the FE that doesn't allow for the tow package if you can get one on a Badlands? There's something rotten in Denmark (Detroit). If the 4 Door Bronco cannot handle a fraction of the accessories offered, then should I be concerned as a consumer? I think Ford over stated and is going to under deliver. Makes you wonder about the slide out tailgate and what sacrifices you need to have it.
With any of these optional accessories, you can order and have it installed post delivery at parts

It'll cost more and you can't finance it. But you're still at liberty to do what you want with your bronco

kimmnen

Rank 0

Advocate II

Aug 25, 2020
Michigan
First Name
kim
Last Name
moilanen
Cristy Lee asking question from viewer Dan Jay, Question: "What's the towing capacity of this beast?".... Esteban Plaza-Jennings, "Yeah, so the towing capacity on every Bronco is 3,500 pounds if the get the trailer tow package."
At the 10:37 mark...

What should have been said as to towing capacity: Every Bronco that offers the trailer tow package, the towing capacity is 3,500 pounds. Unfortunately, it you go cheap with the Base or all out with the First Edition 4dr you are out of luck because the trailer tow package is not offered.
Yet, in both Base and FE Equipment Groups - view all features/safety/ we see Trailer Sway Control

Attachments

Reactions: Bronc96 and gvanroy

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

If you take a moment to study the Overland Bronco, you can see how Ford was incredibly careful in creating that Bronco. It does have a rooftop tent, but the model they chose was within the dynamic load limit of 110lbs. It does have roof racks, but it has the 2.3L and manual transmission. Although it gives the impression of the Sasquatch package, that Bronco does not have the Sasquatch package and the wheels/tires were “aftermarket”. That vehicle does not appear to compromise the GVWR which Ford understood at that time. I suppose one could say, where there is a will, there is a way. Just be careful.

Overland_Forum-07.jpg

Last edited: