Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

Hey, @David any chance Esteban and Matt could return for another Q&A? Yes, I am serious! As challenging it is for Esteban, Matt, and the audience, we all need the information to make wise decisions. Besides, I restocked the liquor cabinet, so I am ready. One little suggestion. Have Mitch Creel on the Zoom session where Matt could ask Mitch if Esteban’s answer was clear and concise. Would love to see Mitch’s reactions! Years from now people will be reviewing this rollout and we want them to realize we tried to maintain a sense of humor.

gvanroy

Rank V

Supporter III

Aug 9, 2020
Seven Bays, WA, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
VanRoy
Member #

JFord

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 18, 2020
California, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Ford
Member #

Well, I will admit my Broncometer took a hit from that video. I still believe our Bronco enthusiasm is driven by two overarching issues. What will it cost me and when will I get it? That video hit negatively on both.

I had to laugh when Esteban used the term, “Your Dream Bronco” several times in the video. I still plan to purchase a Badlands 2-door, but it has now become a bridge vehicle that I may grow to like. On the bright side, my dream 56K+ build has mutated into a 46K+ build which may get severely altered via the aftermarket.

I do believe Esteban was directing this video toward the dealers who must have enjoyed the content very much. Repeatedly we were directed to work with our dealers. Ford may be underestimating the joy most of us saw in a reservation process that appeared to remove us from the dealer sales pressure.

Unfortunately, as Ford and the dealers wage war for sales control, I see collateral damages in two areas. The first will be the potential buyers' enthusiasm for our purchase. The second is more difficult to quantify but is still at risk. It is the enthusiasm and participation in any organized forums or other social media platforms.
I’m interested in the changes you’re looking at to bring the cost down.

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

I’m interested in the changes you’re looking at to bring the cost down.
Well, where to begin?!
For me, no Sasquatch, no tow package, no 2.7L, no M/T tires, no Lux or High, no floor mats, no sound deadening headliner, no roof rails. Bridge vehicle or aftermarket stuff if I like it.

Bronco5.0

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

More bad news no matter how you cut it.By time they get this out my window for buying will be closed.I have until fall of 2022 to buy.

Reactions: Reldn

Advocate II

Aug 11, 2020
Jacksonville, FL, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Vermillion
This guy, Esteban, is the “brand manager” if the ball gets dropped he gets the horns from upper management and as we all know crap rolls down hill and it picks up size and steam. I have no love lost. Its your job!

What gets my GOAT is how much was known issues and too much time was used to roll out fixes. I dont know about you but closing in on $60k for a Bronco is get ridiculous and to only have it a few months prior to 2022 rolling out just killed the value. This affects your pocket, not theirs, since they keep changing pricing in their favor.

Working from home does a big 186 to team building, I get it, only so much you can do teleconference. Still, as brand manager the responsibility is yours. I was in his position for twelve years and as many mistakes are made you anticipate, correct, and move on, or I would have been given walking papers a long time ago. Your job is to make it happen, period. A multi-billion dollar company doesnt want to hear excuses or have mistakes that hang like a booger on a mustache. It makes the brand look incompetent and lazy. You are that one guy and what you get paid for. I wouldnt be so quick to catch a break.

Anticipate, correct, and move on. I wish Esteban the best, its a hard job. He seems a bit nervous and deer in headlights look. He wasnt really clear and that will hurt him in the long run. I really want to see success in all this. I still want my Bronco, but at what cost?

JFord

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 18, 2020
California, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Ford
Member #

Well, where to begin?!
For me, no Sasquatch, no tow package, no 2.7L, no M/T tires, no Lux or High, no floor mats, no sound deadening headliner, no roof rails. Bridge vehicle or aftermarket stuff if I like it.
I gave up Sasquatch, tire upgrades and roof rails. Got me down to ~$53K. Tow package is probably next, but I’m struggling with the lux downgrade. On a bright note, I just bought aftermarket radios for my truck and my daughters mustang. I was worried about the lack of integration with the vehicle when you buy aftermarket, but I was proven wrong in a major way with the new radios.

Reactions: BuzzyBud

Garemlin

Rank VI

Champion III

May 20, 2020
Clayton, Delaware, DE, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Walt
Member #

Well, I will admit my Broncometer took a hit from that video.
Even though my original plan was to wait until mid 2022 to early 2023 my enthusiasm has dwindled quite a bit. It's just a complete fiasco. They did this all wrong. Constant changes in options, pricing, terms, production schedule, etc. I honesty don't think that I will even be able to get one in my original time frame. If things haven't leveled out by July 2023, when the lease is up on my Grand Cherokee, I'll have to start exploring other options. Which really bums me out because the Bronco is something I've been looking forward to for years.

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

This guy, Esteban, is the “brand manager” if the ball gets dropped he gets the horns from upper management and as we all know crap rolls down hill and it picks up size and steam. I have no love lost. Its your job!

What gets my GOAT is how much was known issues and too much time was used to roll out fixes. I dont know about you but closing in on $60k for a Bronco is get ridiculous and to only have it a few months prior to 2022 rolling out just killed the value. This affects your pocket, not theirs, since they keep changing pricing in their favor.

Working from home does a big 186 to team building, I get it, only so much you can do teleconference. Still, as brand manager the responsibility is yours. I was in his position for twelve years and as many mistakes are made you anticipate, correct, and move on, or I would have been given walking papers a long time ago. Your job is to make it happen, period. A multi-billion dollar company doesnt want to hear excuses or have mistakes that hang like a booger on a mustache. It makes the brand look incompetent and lazy. You are that one guy and what you get paid for. I wouldnt be so quick to catch a break.

Anticipate, correct, and move on. I wish Esteban the best, its a hard job. He seems a bit nervous and deer in headlights look. He wasnt really clear and that will hurt him in the long run. I really want to see success in all this. I still want my Bronco, but at what cost?
While I agree that as a Brand Manager, it is his job to get things done, but at a huge company like Ford, I would imagine it would be an unbelievable nightmare. It would be like trying to push a cruise ship with a row boat.

There is only so much he can possibly control. I'm sure the coders for the B&P do not work for him. He also has no actual control over when vendors get Ford the parts and of what quantity. He can yell, scream, push and threaten all he wants, but normally that really doesn't help anything. I won't blame all the issues on Covid but it sure didn't help the situation at all. I'm not sure who would have predicted that last year at this time.

I have no idea if he is doing a good or bad job, but I don't envy his position at all. It's easy to play arm chair manager when you don't have all the facts and understand all the details. Yeah, it's his job but it doesn't mean that it actually can be done the way we all think it should be. I'm sure if he isn't doing his job the way it should be, he will be replaced. The Bronco is too important to Ford to not have competent people steering this ship.

I don't really know. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. It bites me in the ass sometimes but I sleep better at night with that attitude.

B MIller

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Nov 17, 2020
Sherwood, OR, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Miller
Member #

I like Esteban. Although he plays his cards remarkably close to his chest, he is giving us all the clues we need to make informed decisions.

During his first Q&A, he gave us the heads-up regarding both Sasquatch Package and the 2.7L engine. He repeated that again in this second Q&A. In case listeners were not paying attention, he added the potential for Wildtrak delivery issues but did not mention Badlands. He also added the Lux package as a potential problem.

From his thinly veiled hints, I assumed the following. Please keep in mind, these are all my assumptions.
  • I assume there is a problem with the delivery of the new Goodyear M/T tires. Contractual agreements prevent him from being more specific or substituting other tires such as BFG or Hankook.
  • Since the 2.7L engine is shared with the F150 they do not want to interfere with any F150 deliveries since that is their bread-and-butter line. They can not rob Peter to satisfy Paul.
  • Lux package has a new product called Connected Built-in Navigation being developed in association with Telenav. A complicated system since it is intended to rely on an Alexa integration. That company provides most of its vehicle technology and must have an incredibly detailed contractual agreement. Trail Maps might also be affected.
As an ocean kayaker, whenever I was confronted with a powerful riptide, I learned it is best to go with the flow.

I suspect Esteban has much more to share. Make your adjustments, fasten your seatbelt, and get ready for more to come.
Question regards to lux and the connected navigation: I plan on a badlands with the "high" package." I also plan on adding the connected navigation. Will adding the connected navigation cause a delay if that's the case? If so, should I just get the "lux" package if I'm going to wait anyway? Thoughts?

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

Question regards to lux and the connected navigation: I plan on a badlands with the "high" package." I also plan on adding the connected navigation. Will adding the connected navigation cause a delay if that's the case? If so, should I just get the "lux" package if I'm going to wait anyway? Thoughts?
According to Esteban, you will have the chance to change your order once they give you an estimated ship date. I would order what you absolutely want and make adjustments if you need to.

Chief1301

Rank V

Supporter III

Jun 21, 2020
Concord, CA 94521, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Araujo
Member #

First off, yes I did watch the entire video and yes I still plan to buy a 2021 Bronco. I know what you are thinking, no I am not drunk!
I actually thought Matt did his best. It would have been more enjoyable if Mitch Creel was also there to react to Esteban's answers. Instead of Matt, saying, "Got it" or "Awesome", Mitch could have said, "What the F**K" and "You got to be Sh**ing me".
I would love to see Mitch do a Q&A!

Stereo

Rank V

Supporter III

Jul 13, 2020
Fair Oaks, CA 95628, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Stefanek
Member #

I watched the video, read the comments, and thought I missed something because most people were not happy. I had a different takeaway so I thought I better watch it again but pay closer attention. After my second viewing I thought Esteban did a good job and the only thing I would change is Matt needed to add follow up "why" questions. However, with all of the editing of the video (and there was A LOT of editing), I suspect there were some "why" questions that just could not be answered or edited out.

Here is my takeaway from this video and my own personal opinion.
1) New vehicles require a lot of testing and regulatory government hurdles. We cannot order certain items "from the factory" since they have not been tested and approved in the initial testing.
2) The B&P had errors and we are sorry about that. Sucks but it is what it is.
3) You can order your Bronco the way you absolutely want it, but the build date will be affected if those parts are not available at production. This is Covid and supplier issue. Do you want it fast or perfectly specified? Your choice. Nice to know that we will be given advanced notice if an accessory will create a delay in my build so I can drop that option to speed up delivery, even after I place the order. Just needs to be done before scheduling.
4) Dealers are penalized for reservations not turned into orders and penalized even more if orders are NOT delivered to the reservation holder. So a dealer is not incentivized to take FE reservations and sell them to non-reservation holders.
5) The ordering system is old and needs major updating to accommodate this new type of personalized builds inherent to a Bronco consumer.

I am a FE 4 Door reservation holder and the lack of towing capability from the factory sucks, but that does not mean I won't be able to add it on my own. I can add towing, roof racks, light bars, etc. when it is in my hands and at a time and place that it makes sense for me.

My Broncometer is still very high and look forward to putting my order in.

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

Please remember Ford is using two phases. One is called Connected Navigation and the other is called Connected Built-In Navigation. I believe they are two different products. One is in the high package and the other is in the lux package. I suspect the lux package may cause a delay because of the Connected Built-In Navigation. Hope this helps!