Bronco Build and Price Update Q&A with Ford

Bronco5.0

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

Yep, I am definitely glad I canceled my reservation and am opting to wait for '22 or '23 to check out the Bronco. This is a total trainwreck.
I am so glad too. The PR dept will probably throw out my letter, but I hope Bill Ford gets to read it.
Digital only manual on the tv screen in the middle of the dash, WHAT IF THE PROBLEM IS ELECTRICAL AND THERE IS NO POWER? :unsure:

JFord

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 18, 2020
California, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Ford
Member #

I am so glad too. The PR dept will probably throw out my letter, but I hope Bill Ford gets to read it.
Digital only manual on the tv screen in the:LOL: middle of the dash, WHAT IF THE PROBLEM IS ELECTRICAL AND THERE IS NO POWER? :unsure:
Troubleshooting section: step 1 disconnect the battery terminal...

gvanroy

Rank V

Supporter III

Aug 9, 2020
Seven Bays, WA, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
VanRoy
Member #

I'm disappointed, plain and simple. Ford should have had the B&P accurate when it was released. Ford is a billion dollar company that can't seem to figure out what the heck is going on. Come on! Now, not only can I not sit in or test drive a new Bronco before I order my $40K plus vehicle, we can't even see what additional options are available until after I've placed my order?
For B&P, had they been open about the pricing bugs in October vs we know there are bugs with options, I think it would have been a little better. It's a build and price tool. Not the random price tool. I think people seeing an update and noticing price increases was really used car salesman like vs them being upfront. It was their guidance to use the tool and place orders in December. I do feel for those impacted. It's like doing self checkout, but a software update added in a few more bucks when you hit the total button. Who knows what surprises are in store next update.

Bronco5.0

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

I'm disappointed, plain and simple. Ford should have had the B&P accurate when it was released. Ford is a billion dollar company that can't seem to figure out what the heck is going on. Come on! Now, not only can I not sit in or test drive a new Bronco before I order my $40K plus vehicle, we can't even see what additional options are available until after I've placed my order?
The notion does sound silly.

nic

Rank V

Don't delete

Jul 22, 2020
Marietta, GA, USA
First Name
Nic
Last Name
Cannington
Member #

poor poor Esteban... this was tough to watch.

BN: “so you put carpet in the wash-out interior, huh?”
Esteban: “yes... yes, we did ... and here’s what the PR team told me to blame it on”

Overall... it sounds like my MT, badlands without lux will be just fine, but they’re making it sound like this MY21 is getting scraped together for job 1. It’s starting to scare me.

JFord

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 18, 2020
California, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Ford
Member #

poor poor Esteban... this was tough to watch.

Esteban: “yes... yes, we did ... and here’s what the PR team told me to blame it on”

Overall... it sounds like my MT, badlands without lux will be just fine, but they’re making it sound like this MY21 is getting scraped together for job 1. It’s starting to scare me.
That’s why we don’t get X-plan. All MY21 vehicles will be a limited edition.

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
USA
First Name
TBD
Last Name
TBD
Well, Esteban did teach us that carpet is much lighter than rubber. It was all about getting a good crash test result! Of course, thank you Esteban! Where was Mitch Creel when we needed him?

Advocate I

Dec 30, 2020
Monument, CO, USA
www.jasonfaziophotography.com
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Fazio
First, thanks for doing this.

For next Q&A...
  • If I have an early 2021 reservation, will there be a process to wait until 2022 model year to cash in on the reservation? Essentially keeping my reservation until 2022MY opens up to be bumped up in line.
  • What is the definition of "late availability"? lol They keep saying it, but what does it mean? I was about to turn it into a drinking game. Every time they say "late availability" take a shot or drink from your Bronco glass.
  • What happens when people cancel their FE reservations? Will 7k be produced or will the number be reduced?
  • Why can't you add both the LED light bar and the Pod lights? It only allows you add one or the other. Does this stem from GVWR too?
Everything I hear keeps telling me to wait until 2022.
I definitely want to know how to push my '21MY into a '22MY and what "late availability" is. I want to add every "late avail" item that I can. I'll gladly wait! Then, the concern becomes, IF we add late avail items, and our "21 turns into a '22, will the dealers be clueless about how to convert/edit our '2MY1 orders into '22MYs?

BroncoBoy22

Rank II

Advocate III

May 20, 2020
Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA
I definitely want to know how to push my '21MY into a '22MY and what "late availability" is. I want to add every "late avail" item that I can. I'll gladly wait! Then, the concern becomes, IF we add late avail items, and our "21 turns into a '22, will the dealers be clueless about how to convert/edit our '2MY1 orders into '22MYs?
And then we’ll get the $1k+ Price increase with the model year change over I bet lol

BroncoBoy22

Rank II

Advocate III

May 20, 2020
Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA
Lots of crappy news from this vid. Here are some workarounds that hopefully help:

1) No tow package on 4 Door FE - Can prob order the parts separately, how long they will take to come in is a diff question

2) No roof rails with 4 door SAS -Can prob order the parts separately, how long they will take to come in is a diff question

3) if you want Dual Tops with the MIC Grey (4 door) and don’t want to wait, just order the MIC top and order the soft top as accessory later. The same trick does not work the other way around due to freight, availability of the tops, and lack of electrical and plumbing connections if you start with just a soft top

——————

I appreciate Esteban doing this vid. But there is no excuse at how crappy B&P is or why it takes SO LONG for very simple updates. Either the folks working on it are bad at their jobs or the code is terribly poor. They really need to rethink the way that tool is created and maintained going forward. It’s really really bad. I propose they start from scratch on something modern that is easily update-able. I guarantee they’re running off some super old framework that one person knows how to update and he or she is very slow. Happens all the time at companies that have been around for awhile and don’t know how to stay up to date on technology

PSUTE

Rank V

Don't delete

Oct 2, 2020
Negro Mountain
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Johnson
Lots of crappy news from this vid. Here are some workarounds that hopefully help:

1) No tow package on 4 Door FE - Can prob order the parts separately, how long they will take to come in is a diff question

2) No roof rails with 4 door SAS -Can prob order the parts separately, how long they will take to come in is a diff question

3) if you want Dual Tops with the MIC Grey (4 door) and don’t want to wait, just order the MIC top and order the soft top as accessory later. The same trick does not work the other way around due to freight, availability of the tops, and lack of electrical and plumbing connections if you start with just a soft top

——————

I appreciate Esteban doing this vid. But there is no excuse at how crappy B&P is or why it takes SO LONG for very simple updates. Either the folks working on it are bad at their jobs or the code is terribly poor. They really need to rethink the way that tool is created and maintained going forward. It’s really really bad. I propose they start from scratch on something modern that is easily update-able. I guarantee they’re running off some super old framework that one person knows how to update and he or she is very slow. Happens all the time at companies that have been around for awhile and don’t know how to stay up to date on technology
1) Get a Class III or IV aftermarket. Much more stable than what Ford is offering, and will increase towing capacity...
2) Not a bad idea, but again, after market may again be your friend...
3) No clue, I'm buying base so have no idea....

Remember, Ford is doing everything it can to minimize weights and capacity to minimalize future liabilities....

vintage

Rank IV

Supporter III

Jun 9, 2020
NC
First Name
David
Last Name
Lanzi
I thought the Video was very informative. I liked the fact they are working on getting out the optional FE interior in Jannary, as I'd like to see it before ordering. Also like the fact that they are working on providing a date for the late avalability black Mod Hardtop. Thumbs up from me.

Last edited: