Bronco Big Bend 2.3 having a few issues.

Drew
Aug 31, 2021

Rank V

Aug 31, 2021

So I have a 4 door 2.3 big bend manual transmission. I have a few issues and was wondering if you had any input?

1. Brake light comes on and goes off after it sits for about an hour or so. Dealer has no codes on this issue yet.
2. Soft top side panels are marked up from framing on soft top. I have a line from rubbing on the inside of glass(plastic) on both window panels.
3. Soft top wont click in place in both half and fully down positions. Passenger side I have to adjust rubber so top wont vibrate in the down position.
4. Whistling noise which I think is coming from the front grill and not mirrors.
5. After doors have been reinstalled the bolts come loose after awhile.
6. Top down windows up and wipers on the drivers wiper make a noise from hell fighting the wind.

All this being said I love the Bronco and wouldn't trade it for anything. I have 7,613 miles on her right now and have only had her for 4 weeks.

20210830_185357[1].jpg20210806_180114[1].jpg
RdCrom86, TorgSurv

Rank V

Sep 01, 2021

So I have a 4 door 2.3 big bend manual transmission. I have a few issues and was wondering if you had any input?

1. Brake light comes on and goes off after it sits for about an hour or so. Dealer has no codes on this issue yet.
2. Soft top side panels are marked up from framing on soft top. I have a line from rubbing on the inside of glass(plastic) on both window panels.
3. Soft top wont click in place in both half and fully down positions. Passenger side I have to adjust rubber so top wont vibrate in the down position.
4. Whistling noise which I think is coming from the front grill and not mirrors.
6. Top down windows up and wipers on the drivers wiper make a noise from hell fighting the wind.

All this being said I love the Bronco and wouldn't trade it for anything. I have 7,613 miles on her right now and have only had her for 4 weeks.

View attachment 17635View attachment 17636
There was a post on here a while back about the brake light issue, I dont recall seeing a resolution, might be able to search and find it.
Edit: I saw that was actually your post, so not gonna help you much!

Ford is supposedly coming out with a new grill to hood gasket to fix that whistle, might have to check with your dealer's service department on an ETA for replacement seals. That's interesting about the door bolts, I've been noticing an increasing number of posts from people finding them loose, may be something to it. And we're not supposed to use the wipers with the top down? Is that outside of the design parameters?
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
Drew, Bronc96

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Sep 01, 2021

Scared me for a min, like the trans is having issues already??

Think ya might wanna retitle it as it's a bit misleading, but yeah, there'll be fixes after awhile
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
Drew, Bronc96

Rank V

Sep 02, 2021

Scared me for a min, like the trans is having issues already??

Think ya might wanna retitle it as it's a bit misleading, but yeah, there'll be fixes after awhile
Just did, sorry. yea no fix or even a code definition from ford yet. They have another one at the dealer that lost the brakes all together. Its a Wildtrck. They say its a different setup from my Big Bend.
Speed Devil

Rank VI

Sep 02, 2021

View attachment 17635View attachment 17636
Hang in there, I'm sure there are issues that engineers are working on. Stay in touch with your dealer.
Bronco Nation Member #0000
Instagram: bdawson24
Speed Devil