Advocate II

May 21, 2020
Huntington Station, NY, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Gold
Member #

Looking like some pretty competitive pricing. Wasn't expecting that from the dealer. Tailgate is high on the list but I'm curious if you can still access the storage underneath? Guess we'll have to wait and see!

Reactions: Commodore

DRWright

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 13, 2020
Higley Hot Dog, East Williams Field Road, Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Donovan
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Looking like some pretty competitive pricing. Wasn't expecting that from the dealer. Tailgate is high on the list but I'm curious if you can still access the storage underneath? Guess we'll have to wait and see!
From what I understand the slide out tailgate is secured to the floor via the factory tie down locations.

They stated that the slide out table is weight bearing assuming that is still the case I'd say access to the below compartment would take some work.

Reactions: Commodore

Speed Devil

Rank IV

Super Supporter III

Feb 22, 2021
Eatontown, NJ, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
F
Love it

Just imo, team up with Mishimoto or Whipple or someone to create some Front Mounted Intercoolers (FMIC), since once ya add the Ford Tune, gonna really suffer heastroke

https://www.mishimoto.com/engineering/2020/04/ford-ranger-intercooler-2019-rd-pt1/
1618520682946.png

You really trust the stock unit to handle anything stronger than a KN filter and BOV? Those plastic end tanks will leak within 5 years, probably less if ya go offroad.

1618520803075.png

Especially the charge pipes
1618521236070.png

TCopp

Rank V

Champion I

Jun 26, 2020
Olathe, KS, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Copple
Member #

Love it

Just imo, team up with Mishimoto or Whipple or someone to create some Front Mounted Intercoolers (FMIC), since once ya add the Ford Tune, gonna really suffer heastroke

https://www.mishimoto.com/engineering/2020/04/ford-ranger-intercooler-2019-rd-pt1/
View attachment 11605

You really trust the stock unit to handle anything stronger than a KN filter and BOV? Those plastic end tanks will leak within 5 years, probably less if ya go offroad.

View attachment 11606

Especially the charge pipes
View attachment 11608
I'll be changing all of this.

Lakesinai

Rank IV

Advocate III

Dec 21, 2020
Mt Pleasant, SC, USA
First Name
JOHN
Last Name
SORENSEN
Member #

At first I thought so,
But with the roof articulation and framework needed. It’s probably ballpark price.
Sure , probably some less expensive ones after market. But quality may suffer .
So far, these are the higher quality $2500 soft tops, compared to the OEM at about $1500. But the OEM top has an opening rear lid for loading in rear, this one, not. Apparantly, these are thicker, better insulated tops than the OEM, had anyone seen both?

Reactions: Commodore and 14U

Will1234

Rank II

Advocate III

May 20, 2020
Brooklyn, NY, USA
One thing id do is carabiner hook a milwaukee packout filled with first aid supplies to the swing out door if needed. They are durable, water resistant and have a clear top to see where everything is.

I wish ford would collab with Pelican too in the future. Pelican makes great stuff and fits the outdoors off the grid profile of the bronco