Broken Dreams for a Cancer Survivor

1Five1 Garage
Apr 26, 2021

Rank V

Apr 26, 2021

First of all I want to say I am a proud owner of a Bronco Sport and Waiting the Bronco (hopefully this year) this is where the frustration starts.

My wife was diagnosed with cancer a couple years ago. During the roughest part of the process, 6 months of Chemo and after the 2nd surgery, I was able to keep her mind busy with getting a Bronco and what we plan on doing with it afterwards. Having her dwelling on what she was going through at the time was not an option. This was the time that I feared she was not going to make it. When the Bronco came available I stayed up all night trying to get the reservation to go through. (early reservation holders understand that pain) After securing the reservation I was 10116500ish, which if calculating correctly puts me in the real of 2500th ish in line. On the order date I waiting outside (took the day off for it) before the dealership opened. I did everything right to get the bronco early, and she was excited. After hearing the fact that they were giving priorities to late customers to each dealership and then going by allocations by the dealerships, not to mention parts issues, that my promise to get her the Bronco is slowing fading into the future of a possible 2022 model year. I know the possibility of a delivery July 15th to celebrate the anniversary of the cancer free diagnosis is slim to none now, which is frustrating. Now I can only hope for at least a 2021 model year. BTW, the bronco sport was bought to match the Bronco, color, trim lvl, etc. Who knows if the 2022 Bronco the same options.

I still hold faith that we will get it this year, but preparing for the worst and hope for the best is my current state of mind.
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage
PSUTE, Laura
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2021

Gladesmen

Apr 26, 2021

I hope you hear good news soon and you are one of the MY21 Broncos.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Laura, Steve777468

Rank VI

Apr 26, 2021

First of all I want to say I am a proud owner of a Bronco Sport and Waiting the Bronco (hopefully this year) this is where the frustration starts.

My wife was diagnosed with cancer a couple years ago. During the roughest part of the process, 6 months of Chemo and after the 2nd surgery, I was able to keep her mind busy with getting a Bronco and what we plan on doing with it afterwards. Having her dwelling on what she was going through at the time was not an option. This was the time that I feared she was not going to make it. When the Bronco came available I stayed up all night trying to get the reservation to go through. (early reservation holders understand that pain) After securing the reservation I was 10116500ish, which if calculating correctly puts me in the real of 2500th ish in line. On the order date I waiting outside (took the day off for it) before the dealership opened. I did everything right to get the bronco early, and she was excited. After hearing the fact that they were giving priorities to late customers to each dealership and then going by allocations by the dealerships, not to mention parts issues, that my promise to get her the Bronco is slowing fading into the future of a possible 2022 model year. I know the possibility of a delivery July 15th to celebrate the anniversary of the cancer free diagnosis is slim to none now, which is frustrating. Now I can only hope for at least a 2021 model year. BTW, the bronco sport was bought to match the Bronco, color, trim lvl, etc. Who knows if the 2022 Bronco the same options.

I still hold faith that we will get it this year, but preparing for the worst and hope for the best is my current state of mind.
First off, I admire your devotion to your wife and your resilience as you adjust to the Bronco rollout.
It is helpful to understand your journey as we assess our challenges.
May we learn the values you possess.
Take care my friend!
Laura, 14U

Rank V

Apr 26, 2021

First off, I admire your devotion to your wife and your resilience as you adjust to the Bronco rollout.
It is helpful to understand your journey as we assess our challenges.
May we learn the values you possess.
Take care my friend!

Thanks, she is the perfect girl. She loves cars as much (or more) then I do. Between her and I, we currently have 6 cars (counting the bronco) with a viper or lotus track cars in the near future. Plus the first room "WE" chose to remodel in our new house was the garage. lol
KennyMac, Laura

Member 2541 Jerry

Apr 27, 2021

What’s your build ?
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.

Rank V

Apr 27, 2021

What’s your build ?
Badlands, lux package, leather int, 2.7L, Sasquatch, MIC top

4 of the deadly sins, which I know I could have gotten an earlier one by choosing differently, but why settle for something we won't be happy with.
Deano Bronc

Member 2541 Jerry

Apr 27, 2021

Badlands, lux package, leather int, 2.7L, Sasquatch, MIC top

4 of the deadly sins, which I know I could have gotten an earlier one by choosing differently, but why settle for something we won't be happy with.
That’s Awesome and exciting
2 or 4 door ?
What color?
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.

Rank V

Apr 27, 2021

That’s Awesome and exciting
2 or 4 door ?
What color?
4 door, cactus grey.... I currently have a matching spec Sport.
IMG_7976.jpg
Deano Bronc, TK1215

Member 2541 Jerry

Apr 27, 2021

That’s gonna be a great build.
So... lol
Who gets to drive the big Un ?
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
TK1215, 1Five1 Garage

Rank V

Apr 28, 2021

That’s gonna be a great build.
So... lol
Who gets to drive the big Un ?

Do you even have to ask? She will hide the keys for both... I was able to drive the bronco sport unsupervised 3 times until she took the keys away again.
Deano Bronc, TK1215

Rank VI

Apr 28, 2021

Unfortunately, I think even if you had one of the very first builds it wouldn't make it to your Jul 15th cancer free diagnosis (many many congrats on that by the way!). Best of luck, and I do hope that you get good Bronco news soon.

Hopefully the Viper and the Lotus distract you while you wait!
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
TK1215, 1Five1 Garage

Rank V

Apr 28, 2021

Cancer sucks...
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery
OverlandWoody, Deano Bronc

Rank III

Apr 28, 2021

Damn that’s a bummer. Hopefully you can still get that bronco for Jill this summer Atleast. I subscribed to your channel awhile back. I’ve enjoyed watching you guys. Hope you get it soon so I can see more vids!
1Five1 Garage, TK1215

Rank V

Apr 28, 2021

Damn that’s a bummer. Hopefully you can still get that bronco for Jill this summer Atleast. I subscribed to your channel awhile back. I’ve enjoyed watching you guys. Hope you get it soon so I can see more vids!
At least I was able to accomplish the other thing she wanted and do YouTube. It's been fun doing the videos and glad you enjoy them. Thanks, by the way. It means a lot to us.

we will get it and hopefully this summer sometime. (keeping fingers crossed.)
Deano Bronc, Sdakotabronco