Blown Engine Issues?

TK1215
Nov 10, 2021

Life is a Highway

Nov 10, 2021

Since this became an issue on another thread. My question is has anyone here at BN had a blown enigine or other catastrophic engine failure on their Bronco. Please post a response if you have had one and what exactly was the cause or diagnosis. First hand experiences only. Just the details and no pontificating. I am curious to see how long we can stay on topic. Thank you
ABQNMBronco, KennyMac
Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2021

Life is a Highway

Nov 10, 2021

And just as an add on, if you have read and understand my train of thought on this thread and you also are curious as to this topic of “blown engines” or lack there of, please give a thumbs up! Just so I know you are out there!
KennyMac, Jalgieri

Rank V

Nov 10, 2021

Not mine, but I do know someone personally who has a dud 2.7l sitting at a dealer waiting to be diagnosed. It sounds like someone dropped a bag of marbles inside when started, runs for a few seconds and then dies.They are out there, and my prediction is that everyone with a bad one will hit the web and complain, and everyone with a good one, we won't hear from. That's how these things work, just like the 6.0l PSD. You either had a good one, like myself, or a bad one and everyone who had a bad one got on the diesel forums and complained, those of us with good ones didn't respond and just kept scrolling. So end the end, all you hear is from the owners with misfortune, whether legit or self-induced.
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22
Sooner, Rydfree

Life is a Highway

Nov 10, 2021

Not mine, but I do know someone personally who has a dud 2.7l sitting at a dealer waiting to be diagnosed. It sounds like someone dropped a bag of marbles inside when started, runs for a few seconds and then dies.They are out there, and my prediction is that everyone with a bad one will hit the web and complain, and everyone with a good one, we won't hear from. That's how these things work, just like the 6.0l PSD. You either had a good one, like myself, or a bad one and everyone who had a bad one got on the diesel forums and complained, those of us with good ones didn't respond and just kept scrolling. So end the end, all you hear is from the owners with misfortune, whether legit or self-induced.
Great thanks for the post. Do you know if they are on this forum or if not when you hear any updates could they or you post them? That would be great information for all of us to have. Again thanks for posting
okie4570

Life is a Highway

Nov 14, 2021

Ok people just checking in here. So I started this thread after people were arguing on another thread, where the alleged engine issues came up. And as I requested there hasn’t been any side tracking or arguing here. So thank you. What I have found very interesting is that only on person gave any input with actual knowledge of an engine problem. It wasn’t them directly, but someone they know. So a big thank you to @okie4570 for sharing. Anyone else out there with first hand knowledge of this issue?
okie4570, Bonnie6G

Rank V

Nov 15, 2021

Ok people just checking in here. So I started this thread after people were arguing on another thread, where the alleged engine issues came up. And as I requested there hasn’t been any side tracking or arguing here. So thank you. What I have found very interesting is that only on person gave any input with actual knowledge of an engine problem. It wasn’t them directly, but someone they know. So a big thank you to @okie4570 for sharing. Anyone else out there with first hand knowledge of this issue?

It dropped a valve which popped a hole in the piston. New long block on the way.....
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22
AcesandEights, SlashRacer

Life is a Highway

Nov 15, 2021

It dropped a valve which popped a hole in the piston. New long block on the way.....
Thanks for the update

Rank III

Dec 13, 2021

Do you know if they have got their Bronco back? Our Bronco looks like it dropped a valve and put a hole in the piston. Dropped it off at the dealer on a flatbed about 5 days ago. They found a spark plug all beat up and when they put a scope in the hole and looks to be missing a piston lol.

Attachments

ABQNMBronco, AcesandEights

Rank VI

Dec 13, 2021

Couple weeks ago there was a post from some owner who had a "Fried Engine". Hope he chimes in with more detail. Thanks for starting this. Want to see how hard it will be to get big major repair parts like a long block.