Blog: A Thrilling 2-Day Ford Bronco Off-Roadeo Experience

Laura
Oct 21, 2021
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Oct 21, 2021

Bronco Off-Roadeo_01.jpg

Bronco Nation member @jshipman and his wife Lauren recently attended Off-Roadeo Texas. Read Lauren's writeup of their visit to Austin (full of places to visit and things to do) and what they thought about the Off-Roadeo experience (manual and auto Broncos covered, and both of them spent time driving).
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
Bronc96, Hobgoblin
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2021

Rank III

Oct 22, 2021

Before attending the Off-Roadeo I didn't have any real offroading experience beyond ATVs. This experience opened my eyes to a whole new way to combine two of my favorite things, cars and the outdoors. We'll for sure be spending a lot of time hitting the trails once we take ownership of our Badlands Bronco. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
Woods Bronco, Bronc96

Moab or bust!!!

Oct 27, 2021

Before attending the Off-Roadeo I didn't have any real offroading experience beyond ATVs. This experience opened my eyes to a whole new way to combine two of my favorite things, cars and the outdoors. We'll for sure be spending a lot of time hitting the trails once we take ownership of our Badlands Bronco. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
Great writeup. Just curious what made you pick Austin? My wife and I plan on going someplace next year but haven't decided when or where yet.
Looks like you're in a nice part of Indiana since you have fairly quick access to Ohio and Kentucky. I'm in Northern Indiana so not much off-roading available that is close by.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Bronc96

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Oct 27, 2021

Thanks Lauren for your great write up. I am in Moab on the 10th for their off-roadeo, and I am really looking forward to it!

Rank III

Oct 28, 2021

Great writeup. Just curious what made you pick Austin? My wife and I plan on going someplace next year but haven't decided when or where yet.
Looks like you're in a nice part of Indiana since you have fairly quick access to Ohio and Kentucky. I'm in Northern Indiana so not much off-roading available that is close by.
At the time we signed up the Austin location was the only one open. By the time our date came around the others were open, but Austin was the closest one to us. We were actually the last group to have the 2-day format. The day after we left they began the 1-day format. I'd imagine that the New Hampshire location would better reflect the terrain that we Hoosiers would see in the southern part of the state. Near where we live in the DNR property Interlake State Recreation Area. We haven't been, but will definitely be checking out once we get our Bronco. I've heard about Badlands Offroad park in Attica, IN. Have you been there?

Rank III

Oct 28, 2021

Thanks Lauren for your great write up. I am in Moab on the 10th for their off-roadeo, and I am really looking forward to it!
Thanks. Lauren started her blog earlier this summer and really enjoys it. Our family has always loved traveling and seeking new adventures. Her blog is a great way for her to chronicle it and share what we learn/experience with others. We loved the Austin location and I'm sure the Moab one is just as good. Hope you have a great time!
the poacher

Moab or bust!!!

Oct 28, 2021

At the time we signed up the Austin location was the only one open. By the time our date came around the others were open, but Austin was the closest one to us. We were actually the last group to have the 2-day format. The day after we left they began the 1-day format. I'd imagine that the New Hampshire location would better reflect the terrain that we Hoosiers would see in the southern part of the state. Near where we live in the DNR property Interlake State Recreation Area. We haven't been, but will definitely be checking out once we get our Bronco. I've heard about Badlands Offroad park in Attica, IN. Have you been there?
Ahh, that makes sense. Although I don't think any of the other sites have better food than Austin.

I've heard of Badlands but have never been. I belong to an Indiana Bronco Facebook group and they've had a couple of get togethers there. Looks like fun.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.