Black Diamond August build Window Sticker *Tits*

TitsLaRue
Jul 21, 2021

Rank VI

Jul 21, 2021

Hello again everybody, Tits here.

Sticker came in today. Not looking for an attaboy or a wtg. I know so many of you are sickened by the whole experience. Celebrating this feels like someone who would whistle through the graveyard. I haven't been around half as long as most of you have and I have been given the golden ticket. I just wanted to pass on my order experience and maybe it will give some clarity to some folks.

I was a late order (financially was not ready to commit) with a mid Feb reservation and a signed order worksheet at the dealership 2 days later. I wanted a basic BD with the mid package, hard top and Cyber Orange.

Around the first week of May I was reading about some of the top issues and I began to ask myself if I really needed the hard top. I finally said what the hell and swapped it out with my salesman.

Thursday May 27th was XMAS as I received a production email with a July 26th build week. Later on due to the MAP delays I received a follow up email saying the build week was pushed to Aug. 2. Like some sort of addict, I have been checking the Ford site daily. Today it finally populated the window sticker.

Thanks to all of you guys contributing and teaching us how to decipher a window sticker, I think I read that it has an 8/03 build date and will travel by rail to the dealership.

I am convinced that the soft top absolutely got my build to the front of the line. When I did it they were not offering plumbing and wiring for future hardtop, so I will be missing out on that. Fortunately I live in the Mid South region so that really isn't a big deal for me.

Hopefully ole Tits will take possession by Labor Day. When I do, I plan on updating you guys with real world mpg on the 2.3 driven like an old man.The trails and other circus tricks you can get from someone else.
Screenshot_20210720-211812_Office.jpg
Stay Golden

Attachments

Soupcook, Deano Bronc
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2021

Rank V

Jul 21, 2021

1626839609268.jpeg
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery

Rank V

Jul 21, 2021

Congrats tits! Enjoy that sweet ride. Post pics when take delivery!
Badlands 2dr, Sas, 2.7, Lux, Erupt Grn, Res 8/27/20, MY21-1/29/21
MY22-10/21/21, Sch 8/22/22, Blt 8/29/22, Ship 9/1/22, Del 9/16/22