Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

I can confirm that Black Bear Pass is Bronco territory now.
So @David I am curious what PSI you ran, and on that one really tight switchback did you utilize the trail turn assist?
We ran at 30psi cold. We didn’t need more grip and the sway bar disconnect did as good a job of smoothing out the ride as airing down further.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

So @David I am curious what PSI you ran, and on that one really tight switchback did you utilize the trail turn assist?
I was wondering the same about trail turn assist on this trail in particular. Great question!
@Chase Gentry had a post on Instragram with him going down BBP with the turn assist on and never had to back up to make a multi-point turn.
Chase and I were testing it out on the switch backs. He got it to work on the second switchback that I thought was the worst one. I didn’t get a good line on that one and had to back up. Just about all the others worked really well with TTA. It’s all about getting a feel for when the dig happens and putting it in the right place.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

The best wheeling in North America exists in the San Juans of Colorado. Head to Lake City, take Engineer Pass to Silverton. Then, head North on 550 to Black Bear. After that, hit Imogene which will get you to Ouray. Take your time, read the historical markers, take off shoots, take pictures. Truly, some of the most beautiful scenery there is. Just don't be the guy blasting music, revving their engine, and being inconsiderate on the trail. Let people enjoy in the mountains and these trails.
The San Juans we’re awesome. We did Engineer but didn’t have time for Imogene. Gotta save something for next year!

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

Just went through and watched @Chase Gentry video posts. Outer banks, non-squatched and stock tires and rims. Now I know that much of that was Chase, but that thing performed like a beast. I loved how the spotter was trying to get Chase to take the normal approach and, “no thank you please I will just flip my switch”. Impressive gentleman, impressive. One last thing, what was the weight of the trailer @Chase Gentry was towing?

tzuercher

Rank V

Promoter III

Apr 1, 2020
Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Zuercher
Member #

Just went through and watched @Chase Gentry video posts. Outer banks, non-squatched and stock tires and rims. Now I know that much of that was Chase, but that thing performed like a beast. I loved how the spotter was trying to get Chase to take the normal approach and, “no thank you please I will just flip my switch”. Impressive gentleman, impressive. One last thing, what was the weight of the trailer @Chase Gentry was towing?
3018 lb per their IG posts today.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator

Promoter II

Mar 19, 2020
Southgate, MI, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Liebmann
Member #

Not sure on the trailer weight. You should ask on his IG, he’ll probably respond. He didn’t have it with him in the San Juans. We were very surprised at how the stock OBX did on all the trails, almost as impressed as we were with the Base Sport.

And yes, we took a base Sport with upgraded tires and a 1in lift on Black Bear and it rocked it. At the end of the day, Black Bear isn’t that difficult of a trail, it’s just incredibly nerve racking.

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

Not sure on the trailer weight. You should ask on his IG, he’ll probably respond. He didn’t have it with him in the San Juans. We were very surprised at how the stock OBX did on all the trails, almost as impressed as we were with the Base Sport.

And yes, we took a base Sport with upgraded tires and a 1in lift on Black Bear and it rocked it. At the end of the day, Black Bear isn’t that difficult of a trail, it’s just incredibly nerve racking.
@tzuercher posted it for me.

Reactions: David

gibsBRonCO

Rank V

Supporter III

Mar 21, 2020
Cuchara, CO, USA
Member #

I was on the the trail with David and Chase. The trail turn assist really blew me away. As mentioned earlier, BB is the perfect trail to show how well this works. In reality the hardest parts on Black Bear are actually a couple of off-camber drops just above the Steps. There have been several flops recently (interestingly mostly Toyotas or Ram trucks) at these spots. The Broncos, including the Sport, handled these drops flawlessly.

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

I was on the the trail with David and Chase. The trail turn assist really blew me away. As mentioned earlier, BB is the perfect trail to show how well this works. In reality the hardest parts on Black Bear are actually a couple of off-camber drops just above the Steps. There have been several flops recently (interestingly mostly Toyotas or Ram trucks) at these spots. The Broncos, including the Sport, handled these drops flawlessly.
Nice input sir!