Bimini Top Noise

ctoddy
Jun 05, 2022

Rank IV

Jun 05, 2022

I’ve got the Bestop Bimini mesh top. The little clips at the very front rattle. Any suggestions? Also the front lip flips up when driving, normal?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 05, 2022

Rank V

Jun 06, 2022

Cut a piece of rubber and make washer type grommet to tighten the fit of the hook and absorb the rattle
ctoddy, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Jun 09, 2022

Cut a piece of rubber and make washer type grommet to tighten the fit of the hook and absorb the rattle
Love the idea. Thanks. Going to be honest, not loving the top.

Rank V

Jun 09, 2022

I have a JTop installed and cant seem to put the factory top back up. The JTop is totally a must if you enjoy fresh air and no beating sun or glares from any spot of the roof area. It is a bit more expensive and is worth the investment. This top is a game changer.

Rank VI

Jun 09, 2022

I have a JTop installed and cant seem to put the factory top back up. The JTop is totally a must if you enjoy fresh air and no beating sun or glares from any spot of the roof area. It is a bit more expensive and is worth the investment. This top is a game changer.
Did you reinstall the side mounts? Then just fold back the two front corners of the jtop when you drop the the front of factory soft-top into the front guide holes. Haven’t done this yet on mine, but looked straight forward.
2021 badlands, 2.3, MT, rapid red, soft top

Rank V

Jun 09, 2022

yes, after i reinstalled the mounts did close up the top and locked down. Go slow and side to side when raising back up the clearance is tight and if you rush could possible scratch the rails (you can scratch without the JTop)

Rank IV

Jun 09, 2022

Love the idea. Thanks. Going to be honest, not loving the top.
I'm not loving my Bestop Bimini top either! It's mind blowing how much quieter the ride is with no top on it at all!