Bimini soft top cover from Ford

brandonguse
Jan 29, 2022

Rank 0

Jan 29, 2022

Anyone ordered the Ford Soft top Bimini cover and how is it working out? Installation, does it handle and hold on at higher speeds (highway)? Do you recommend?
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2022

Rank V

Jan 29, 2022

If I could add...can you leave it on under the soft/hard top or does it need to be removed everytime?
brandonguse

Rank V

Jan 29, 2022

Anyone ordered the Ford Soft top Bimini cover and how is it working out? Installation, does it handle and hold on at higher speeds (highway)? Do you recommend?

We love ours. Even our dog loves it. )

Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage
Snoopy, jdwin1989

Rank V

Jan 30, 2022

you know, i might have to start charging for promotions/advertising :ROFLMAO::cool:

lol.
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage
Snoopy

Rank 0

Feb 04, 2022

What is the difference between the Mesh and the Canvas Bimini Cover?

Rank III

Feb 04, 2022

I have one on my 4dr and love it. It seems to handle the wind very well.. Would recommend it for sure

Rank 0

Feb 04, 2022

one is solid and the other mesh. Or are you asking something else?

No thats what I was asking. Wasnt sure if they were both semi see through but one just more so than the other.

Rank 0

Feb 05, 2022

Thanks for sharing and showing the install and that it works with soft top back up. That helped

Rank 0

Feb 05, 2022

I have one on my 4dr and love it. It seems to handle the wind very well.. Would recommend it for sure
Have you tried driving on highway with it on and how did it handle at higher speeds

Rank 0

Feb 05, 2022

Also wondering if you have tested at higher speeds and how it did on highway

Rank 0

Feb 06, 2022

Does anyone know of you can put the hard top on over it? Or do you have to take it off every time you want to put the hard top back on.

Rank 0

Mar 01, 2022

We picked one up from the parts dept when we got our Bronco last week. I was going to put it on this week with the sun finally shining, but then I came across the one from Gearshade. I think we like it better. We have a soft top, so we don't need to worry about the zippers to access the rigid panels. We like the openness of the Gearshade.

Did anyone else try the Gearshade over the "Ford" (Bestop)?

I may sell the "Ford" one (still in the box).
2021 4-Door Black Diamond, Area 51, 2.7L, Soft-top, Mid Package, Towing

Rank V

Apr 26, 2022

Have you tried driving on highway with it on and how did it handle at higher speeds
We have the BestTop “Ford” one and it looks and works great! We were cruising at 75+ mph without problems. And you don’t have to take it fully off when you put your soft top up.

Rank II

Sep 15, 2023

Check out the 100-MPH rated bimini's
at BroncoBikini.com

They surpass everything on the market currently

Chief Ron

Rank 0

Sep 21, 2023

The ford/bestop version is junk. I ran it most of the summer and last week I threw it away. It flaps horribly both front and back and in the back it's starting to wear the paint away from the buckles banging on the paint. I tried felt pads under the buckles and it helped a little. I tried two sided tape to hold the front edge down but that didn't last, the front 4 inches just flip up in the wind. I hear the one from jtops is much better, that will be my next one.
Chief Ron

Rank II

Sep 21, 2023

The ford/bestop version is junk. I ran it most of the summer and last week I threw it away. It flaps horribly both front and back and in the back it's starting to wear the paint away from the buckles banging on the paint. I tried felt pads under the buckles and it helped a little. I tried two sided tape to hold the front edge down but that didn't last, the front 4 inches just flip up in the wind. I hear the one from jtops is much better, that will be my next one.

Jtops only makes mesh
Ford/Besttop is the only other canvas version

BroncoBikini.com re-engineered it all and is canvas.

No flapping, and tested at 100-MPH
Quiet
No paint wear
It just works and it's super thick canvas material 100% waterproof !!
:)
Chief Ron