Big Bend On The Way!

timinbovey
Jan 14, 2021

Rank 0

Jan 14, 2021

Well, I'm pretty excited. I had pretty much decided the Bronco Sport would be my next vehicle. Finally got to test drive a Big Bend just before Christmas, and that confirmed this was the perfect vehicle for me. Even my wife and daughter proclaimed this was obviously the right vehicle for me. Back before Christmas, dealer told me to come in and order what I wanted in mid January, and expect to get it in 3-4 months.

So I went in Monday. Managed to put together a deal I was happy with. There was even a rebate and a discount for EAA members, and a couple other perks I qualified for from the dealership. Now, I've bought all my cars (all red Fords) from this dealership for over 30 years. So when I talked to my sales guy back in December he told me they were ordering Bronco Sports to put on the lot, and in January I could simply add a Rapid Red Big Bend to their dealership order. They said I'd likely get it quicker that way, rather than placing an order specifically for me. So when I went back in this week, he told me they already HAD a Rapid Red Big Bend on the way, figuring I'd want it and if for some reason I had changed my mind they'd easily find someone else to buy it, LOL. So, the vehicle I want had already been ordered with me in mind almost a month ago! He hasn't been able to come up with an arrival date but best guess was 4-5 weeks! My only issue was it has the 360 Assist+ option which I would not have ordered, so to me it's a waste of $795, but he decided to split the difference and gave me $400 off. Who knows, maybe I'll use it once. And I may be crazy, but I decided NOT to trade anything in. I was going to trade in the 2014 Mustang I bought new, even though I love it, but after knee replacement surgery and some other left leg medical issues I have a hard time getting out of it. But I love to drive it. SO, I'm keeping it anyway (and besides my 4 year old Grandson loves riding in it with me and that's what matters most). My wife can't understand WHY I would keep it, LOL. This is a good example of why a longstanding relationship with a dealership is a good thing. They treat myself and the entire family very well.

Bronco Sport is replacing my 2010 Escape that I truly loved that got totaled back in October when I hit a large buck deer at 4 in the morning at 65 MPH. My work really calls for 4 wheel drive and a bit of off road capability. The AWD in the Escape did fine, but the additional clearance with the Bronco Sport will be helpful.

Looking forward to it!

Tim in Bovey
TorgSurv, IL21Bronco
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2021

Moab or bust!!!

Jan 14, 2021

Well, I'm pretty excited. I had pretty much decided the Bronco Sport would be my next vehicle. Finally got to test drive a Big Bend just before Christmas, and that confirmed this was the perfect vehicle for me. Even my wife and daughter proclaimed this was obviously the right vehicle for me. Back before Christmas, dealer told me to come in and order what I wanted in mid January, and expect to get it in 3-4 months.

So I went in Monday. Managed to put together a deal I was happy with. There was even a rebate and a discount for EAA members, and a couple other perks I qualified for from the dealership. Now, I've bought all my cars (all red Fords) from this dealership for over 30 years. So when I talked to my sales guy back in December he told me they were ordering Bronco Sports to put on the lot, and in January I could simply add a Rapid Red Big Bend to their dealership order. They said I'd likely get it quicker that way, rather than placing an order specifically for me. So when I went back in this week, he told me they already HAD a Rapid Red Big Bend on the way, figuring I'd want it and if for some reason I had changed my mind they'd easily find someone else to buy it, LOL. So, the vehicle I want had already been ordered with me in mind almost a month ago! He hasn't been able to come up with an arrival date but best guess was 4-5 weeks! My only issue was it has the 360 Assist+ option which I would not have ordered, so to me it's a waste of $795, but he decided to split the difference and gave me $400 off. Who knows, maybe I'll use it once. And I may be crazy, but I decided NOT to trade anything in. I was going to trade in the 2014 Mustang I bought new, even though I love it, but after knee replacement surgery and some other left leg medical issues I have a hard time getting out of it. But I love to drive it. SO, I'm keeping it anyway (and besides my 4 year old Grandson loves riding in it with me and that's what matters most). My wife can't understand WHY I would keep it, LOL. This is a good example of why a longstanding relationship with a dealership is a good thing. They treat myself and the entire family very well.

Bronco Sport is replacing my 2010 Escape that I truly loved that got totaled back in October when I hit a large buck deer at 4 in the morning at 65 MPH. My work really calls for 4 wheel drive and a bit of off road capability. The AWD in the Escape did fine, but the additional clearance with the Bronco Sport will be helpful.

Looking forward to it!

Tim in Bovey
Wow, that worked out great for you. Congrats on the new Bronco Sport!
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.

Rank VI

Jan 14, 2021

Congrats on your new Bronco Sport! I’m sure you will love it, they are awesome SUV. Off topic but I’m glad to hear you are an EAA member. Love that organization(y)
MY21 2dr Black Diamond 7MT Velocity Blue!

Gladesmen

Jan 14, 2021

Congratulations, I hope it gets here soon. I am still really impressed with these little SUVs . I saw a black base sport in person and I would have been happy to replace my car with one of these.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Greenphantom

Rank III

May 29, 2021

Congratulations, I hope it gets here soon. I am still really impressed with these little SUVs . I saw a black base sport in person and I would have been happy to replace my car with one of these.
My wife bought a black base. Traded out the rims for after market black wheels and limo tinted the windows and to quote one post I read #murderbronco

Attachments

JAD67428, Deano Bronc