Big Bend offroad trails

GalvestonBroncoGirl
Aug 16, 2022

Rank 0

Aug 16, 2022

I just bought a 2022 Bronco Big Bend and I want to register and drive it on trails. I wanted to check out the Bronco Off-Roadeo in Horseshoe Bay, TX, but can't seem to register unless I have a Badlands or First Edition. I'm having a hard time believing I can't drivethe Big Bend on the trails... Can anyone please advise? Are there off road trails the Big Bend can drive on, including at Bronco Off-Roadeo?? Thank you so much!
Laura
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2022

Life is a Highway

Aug 16, 2022

I just bought a 2022 Bronco Big Bend and I want to register and drive it on trails. I wanted to check out the Bronco Off-Roadeo in Horseshoe Bay, TX, but can't seem to register unless I have a Badlands or First Edition. I'm having a hard time believing I can't drivethe Big Bend on the trails... Can anyone please advise? Are there off road trails the Big Bend can drive on, including at Bronco Off-Roadeo?? Thank you so much!
If you have a full sized Bronco of any model, that you either reserved or purchased new, you can attend the OffRoadeo of your choice. There are restrictions for Bronco Sports. And when you attend, you drive one of Ford’s Bronco’s not your own.
Laura, EvlNvrDys

Rank 0

Aug 16, 2022

If you have a full sized Bronco of any model, that you either reserved or purchased new, you can attend the OffRoadeo of your choice. There are restrictions for Bronco Sports. And when you attend, you drive one of Ford’s Bronco’s not your own.
Thank you! I bought it slightly used, not new from Ford. I'm not neccessarily looking for a free OffRoadeo. I'm happy to pay for it. Unfortunately, it sounds like you are saying I can not drive my pre-owned 2022 Big Bend on the OffRoadeo trails. Do you know of any groups/clubs that I should look into to learn about other driving trails? I'd like to offroad and overland - thank you so much!
Laura

Life is a Highway

Aug 16, 2022

Thank you! I bought it slightly used, not new from Ford. I'm not neccessarily looking for a free OffRoadeo. I'm happy to pay for it. Unfortunately, it sounds like you are saying I can not drive my pre-owned 2022 Big Bend on the OffRoadeo trails. Do you know of any groups/clubs that I should look into to learn about other driving trails? I'd like to offroad and overland - thank you so much!
Double check with the Texas OffRoadeo folks. They have started a new program in which I believe you can sign up and pay for a modified experience at the Texas facility only. You will have a blast!
Deano Bronc, GalvestonBroncoGirl

Rank 0

Aug 16, 2022

Double check with the Texas OffRoadeo folks. They have started a new program in which I believe you can sign up and pay for a modified experience at the Texas facility only. You will have a blast!
THANK YOU... I will double check! I'll be so amazingly bummed if not!

Rank V

Aug 21, 2022

Yeah it sounds like what I understood the situation to be. You can pay for the admission slot since you don't get it free and, as TK1215 noted, you drive their vehicle at the event not your own.
You also said you are interested in off-road trails not necessarily just Off-Roadeo, and in that case there is a lot of good information on this site or the app to help you access off road trails in general for your area.
Best of luck, friend!
Laura, TK1215

O-===-O BRONCO, Trail Rated is standard

Aug 21, 2022

Well you're in luck! The Texas Off-Rodeo was recently opened up to everyone, at a cost, and it sounds like that's the one you want. Message @Laura she's pretty near all knowing very responsive and super helpful! This group and forum is full of great people and resources. Welcome to the Bronco family!
Laura
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Aug 22, 2022

Hi @GalvestonBroncoGirl -- congratulations on your new Big Bend! Seems like everyone here has you covered, but to summarize: The Big Bend trim is amazing off-road, and Off-Roadeo is open to all Bronco order holders. However, since you bought yours used, the only one for sure open to you is the Texas 4xFun experience (requires you to pay). As the gang here has mentioned, at the Off-Roadeo locations, including 4xFun, you will drive one of their Broncos.

Still, I would call/email Bronco Off-Roadeo Program Headquarters at (888) 260-5744 or [email protected] and double-check about your eligibility. Have your VIN ready. I suggest this because I have a used Bronco, and there was talk of the Off-Roadeo experience potentially being transferred to me. I haven't pursued that further, so I don't know what the final answer is, but the team there may be able to better direct you.

Finally, I haven't been to Hidden Falls, but I hear that's a popular off-roading park in the area!
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s

Life is a Highway

Aug 22, 2022

Hi @GalvestonBroncoGirl -- congratulations on your new Big Bend! Seems like everyone here has you covered, but to summarize: The Big Bend trim is amazing off-road, and Off-Roadeo is open to all Bronco order holders. However, since you bought yours used, the only one for sure open to you is the Texas 4xFun experience (requires you to pay). As the gang here has mentioned, at the Off-Roadeo locations, including 4xFun, you will drive one of their Broncos.

Still, I would call/email Bronco Off-Roadeo Program Headquarters at (888) 260-5744 or [email protected] and double-check about your eligibility. Have your VIN ready. I suggest this because I have a used Bronco, and there was talk of the Off-Roadeo experience potentially being transferred to me. I haven't pursued that further, so I don't know what the final answer is, but the team there may be able to better direct you.

Finally, I haven't been to Hidden Falls, but I hear that's a popular off-roading park in the area!
There was another member with a similar post and OR was going to check to see if the original owner had attended. If not the vehicles new owner may still be eligible. I haven’t seen any follow up post yet
Laura

Rank V

Aug 25, 2022

@TK1215 That other person might have been me. @GalvestonBroncoGirl Please check out the thread I started on this. My experience in a nutshell was this: purchased used like you... validated my vehicle by emailing offroadeo folks (got lucky as the previous owners just sold it back to the dealer and didn't capitalize on the offroadeo experience), and got signed up from there after I created an account and they verified my vehicle. The registration fee is $35 and there is a $150 refundable deposit totaling the initial cost at $185. You will get the $150 back. I'm going this Saturday. BTW, I too have a Big Bend so that's not an issue. As mentioned above, you drive one of theirs. Hope it works out for you! As a last resort you can pay full price as Texas is the only location open to public. Downside is that full price experience is shorter (only 4 hrs) and costs about $1k. ouch.

Link to my post: https://thebronconation.com/forums/...ed-bronco-can-i-off-roadeo.13596/#post-205864
TK1215, Laura