Best way to find trails?

pottsjb1121
Nov 08, 2021

Rank IV

Nov 08, 2021

How does everyone find trails near them? One of the main reasons I signed up for this membership was to access trails on the member map and there doesn't seem to be much at all on there. Do you think this will improve over time or is there a better way to search?
The Bat Bronco
Last edited by a moderator: Nov 08, 2021

Rank VI

Nov 08, 2021

How does everyone find trails near them? One of the main reasons I signed up for this membership was to access trails on the member map and there doesn't seem to be much at all on there. Do you think this will improve over time or is there a better way to search?
Hey there,
It's certainly something that we are going to improve over time. It's a member managed map so additions from members are key to its success. Recently, we added motor vehicle use maps to the map in our Bronco Nation map and I found those quite helpful when exploring in public lands during our Colorado trip back in September. It is an ever evolving product and we have some great stuff coming for it next year.

In the meantime, depending on where you're going, OnXOffroad, Gaia GPS, and Trails off road are popular apps for finding additional trails. Personally, I love the FunTreks guide books but those are really only focused on Colorado, Utah, Arizona, and California.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Bronco_Adventure, IL21Bronco

Rank VI

Nov 08, 2021

I currently use On X but once I get my Bronco then will I start using the member features to connect with other local Bronco Owners. It will definitely get better over time as many still do not have their rigs yet.
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
nic, Bronco_Adventure

Rank II

Nov 08, 2021

I've been offroading for many many moons... and dont expect every trail to be perfectly laid out like google maps! The best thing to do is research research research! Call the local atv and jeep rental places to where ever it is your wanting to go. There is a facebook group for just about every offroading area that exists, join them prior to going where ever it is your going.

We just spent a weekend riding trails in Oklahoma and there isn't much info on the web about the trails and ON X didn't have much coverage for the area. Luckily the local atv rental place turned us on to an app called Avenza that has pretty good lay outs of the trails, but even it wasn't perfect....
4 door, big bend, 222A options, auto, 2.3L. Ordered 9/15/2021, Delivered 12/7/2021.
pottsjb1121

Rank V

Nov 08, 2021

Look into Overland Bound. They’ve got an app that includes trail maps, rally points, and forums. Mike, who runs the site, has a great YouTube channel for overlanding.
2022 4-Door Area 51 Badlands Sasquatch Soft Top 2.3L Auto & Lux
Padams7, pottsjb1121

Rank IV

Nov 08, 2021

I appreciate the feedback!

Rank I

Nov 24, 2021

I use TrailsOffroad, AllTrails and other vehicle-specific forums to find local trails. Avenza is a newer one i've utilized recently, along with Gaia. Trails Offroad is nationwide, although more focused on SW region (Co,UT,NV, AZ, SoCA) but growing as members add info/updates. I've used these for the last 5 years that i've had my Jeep and most of it is current/updated. This is a rather new site and will take some time to get updated with everyone's input.
2021 4dr Black Diamond Sasquatch Velocity Blue
2015 2dr JK Willys Anvil

Rank VI

Nov 24, 2021

It will improve over time - as long as members add them!

But there are tons of apps out there, here is a page on my phone (y’all don’t get disrespectful of my wife’s beautiful eyes).

Overland Bound is awesome (and a familiar feel since this is the same platform) - but OnX, AllTrails, Trails Offroad, the Dyrt, and even the Jeep Badge Of Honor app (used to own a Jeep, may put a few badges inside my tailgate of the Bronco!)

But, this community, as well as the others, are all going to be what we, the community makes them! So at the end of the trail, or the beginning, make a note, add it to the app, go back and edit later with your thoughts, review, description, photos. It doesn’t have to be much!

Attachments

Crawler Green, Deano Bronc

Rank 0

Nov 24, 2021

I live in Colorado. I bought an atlas of the state of Colorado and I use that to find interesting places to go and trails to check out. It's very detailed, down to the point that it even shows hiking trails. When I find an area I want to go check out I then use Google to see what the area is truly like. It works out great, but then I love paper maps.
Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Dec 17, 2021

(y’all don’t get disrespectful of my wife’s beautiful eyes).
Looks like you can't do much of anything without your wife watching over you :LOL: (BTW, she does have beautiful eyes)
BL EG 7MT 2.3L Lux O-=====-O Michigan
Order: 10/26/21, Blend: 8/8/22, Built: 8/30, Driveway: 9/20/22
Padams7, SlashRacer

Rank I

Jan 18, 2022

Any good apps for off-roading in Canada?
Right seater of a Wildtrak
Jay