Best of Moab: Shelter

David
Dec 24, 2020

Rank VI

Dec 24, 2020

Where's the best place to stay in Moab? Camping, hotel, or something else, give your recommendations.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Big Papa, TK1215
Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2020

Rank VI

Dec 25, 2020

Never been but looking forward to learning more about it. Yikes...can't be much close by though. Maybe camping is the way to go?
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
Big Papa, TK1215

Rank IV

Dec 25, 2020

Where's the best place to stay in Moab? Camping, hotel, or something else, give your recommendations.
Best Western — there’s two downtown, If I remember correctly. Expensive and you have to book early.
TK1215, BroncoStoked

Rank VI

Dec 25, 2020

Lots of primitive camping (BLM land) around Moab and lots of developed campgrounds. Several hotels, Air BnB’s etc. Over Thanksgiving we were going to stay at the Hampton Inn there in Moab. It’s close to the trails. Just depends on how much you want to pay.
Tr3B3ll247, TK1215

Rank VI

Dec 26, 2020

Agree with the above advice. 2 Best Westerns are worth the price for quality & service. Check Trip Advisor for info on the many options.
TK1215, Bronc96

Rank VI

Jan 26, 2021

Love the vacation cabins at the Moab Valley RV and Campground Park. Have to reserve way in advance as they go fast.
BN 0232 Bronco "Skwach" - 4 Dr FE, Lightning Blue, MIC/NP
New acquisition - Ranger Lariat Tremor, Rapid Red "Quake" (Skwach's little brother)
Other fun stuff: Honda Pioneer 1000 dirt toy (Need hitch!)
TK1215, TorgSurv

Rank IV

Feb 19, 2021

Rent a Yurt at Dead Horse Point State Park!!!!
AzBronc, TK1215

Rank VI

Mar 09, 2021

This place makes a great choose your own accommodation start point......the adventure comes after.

Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 10.33.43 PM.png
A big square Lightening Blue FE with puffy tires.....and a CB antenna for good measure! ;-)
TK1215, Mangelo

Rank VI

Apr 23, 2021

Also...........Does anyone here know about 3 Step Hideaway? It's about 50mins south of Moab near the one block town of La Sal. Its a sort of old west meets adventure/moto/off-road adventure sort of BnB but sooooo much better! Scott and Julie do a great job! They've had some Motorcycle launches from there in the past, Honda stayed there when they introduced the Africa Twin back in 2016. I was just there this last week. Heres some photos......oh, and don't take this the wrong way but...... Its not for those whom want to be cared for head to toe, are needy or have pinky's in the air for wine and cheese platters. Hopefully that doesn't offend anyone but for the right person this is just a great place to not have phone or wifi signal.:)(y)

tempImageZrEhAn.png
tempImagenzou1e.png
tempImageztiBE7.png
tempImageT2RHMh.pngFABCE144-F51E-4EAE-9F88-F32B10526E94_1_201_a.jpeg
A big square Lightening Blue FE with puffy tires.....and a CB antenna for good measure! ;-)
Zhawk025, Big Papa

Rank 0

Apr 27, 2021

There are a lot of really good Air BNBs in Moab as well. If you are coming with a group and/or have kids I've found it's great to have a house/condo (with a pool is a huge plus) to prepare your own meals and to use to get out of the sun, but where you can all hang out together.
bdawson24, TorgSurv

Rank VI

Jul 24, 2021

For those interested, the Red Cliffs is spendy. I went ahead and booked for the full experience but it’s $434.38 with tax per night WITH the Bronco discount.
SlashRacer, LR48

Rank V

Jul 25, 2021

Wife and I are going to Bronco Off-Rodeo October 7. Wanted to stay at Red Cliffs 3 nights mid-week but they were no help, we would have to change rooms every night. Staying at Expedition Lodge in Moab 4 nights for less money. Very accommodating folks when you talk with them on the phone.
LR48

Rank IV

Jul 26, 2021

I ended up using some of my IHG rewards points to cover my room for the trip at the Holiday Inn in Moab. I guess being Spire Elite helps, lol.

Rank VI

Jul 26, 2021

I ended up using some of my IHG rewards points to cover my room for the trip at the Holiday Inn in Moab. I guess being Spire Elite helps, lol.
I may end up doing the same at the Hampton (Diamond Elite here) depending on feedback about the Red Cliffs

Rank VI

Jul 26, 2021

Hampton is right in downtown Moab. Easy walk to shops & food. Red Cliffs is deluxe resort a few miles out of town. Enjoy your visit. Probably inspire a return in the future.

Rank VI

Jul 26, 2021

Hampton is right in downtown Moab. Easy walk to shops & food. Red Cliffs is deluxe resort a few miles out of town. Enjoy your visit. Probably inspire a return in the future.
We’ve stayed at the Hampton before, specially for the EJS ride along. It’s super nice to be right downtown. I don’t know if I can convince my wife to stay away from the River

That's a terrible idea, when do we start?

Jul 30, 2021

The advantage to staying at the Red Cliffs is that it's within walking distance of the Bronco Offroadeo base camp. Besides, it's just a really cool place to stay...
4 Door BadSquatch | Soft-top | Velocity Blue | 2.7 Auto | Towing | Lux | Leather
CaliKAP, FTWEDGE34

Rank VI

Aug 11, 2021

There are a lot of really good Air BNBs in Moab as well. If you are coming with a group and/or have kids I've found it's great to have a house/condo (with a pool is a huge plus) to prepare your own meals and to use to get out of the sun, but where you can all hang out together.
good to see you on here Brian!!!! :p
Bronco Nation Member #0000
Instagram: bdawson24

Rank VI

Aug 11, 2021

Also...........Does anyone here know about 3 Step Hideaway? It's about 50mins south of Moab near the one block town of La Sal. Its a sort of old west meets adventure/moto/off-road adventure sort of BnB but sooooo much better! Scott and Julie do a great job! They've had some Motorcycle launches from there in the past, Honda stayed there when they introduced the Africa Twin back in 2016. I was just there this last week. Heres some photos......oh, and don't take this the wrong way but...... Its not for those whom want to be cared for head to toe, are needy or have pinky's in the air for wine and cheese platters. Hopefully that doesn't offend anyone but for the right person this is just a great place to not have phone or wifi signal.:)(y)

View attachment 12127
View attachment 12128
View attachment 12129
View attachment 12130View attachment 12139
Seems interesting.
Bronco Nation Member #0000
Instagram: bdawson24

Rank 0

Sep 26, 2021

Me and the lady are going end of october, Staying at red cliffs for 4 nights. I originally booked us at Sorrel river ranch up the road but after reading the reviews i didn't want to chance having a shitty vacation at over 1K a night lol. So far the front desk has been very responsive and accommodating.