Beginners Guide to the Best Overlanding YouTube Channels

Stereo
Dec 01, 2020

Rank V

Dec 01, 2020

Many of us who have been doing car/truck camping for a while (now called Overlanding), have spent countless hours watching our favorite YouTube Channels on the subject. Most of them are guides, recommendations, stories, adventures, etc and they are all great. I thought it would be nice to start a thread to let others know about our favorites. So please share your favorite channels for others to enjoy. Plus I always like finding new favorites to watch.

Here is my list:

4XOverland - Godfather of overlanding and gear reviews.
TrailRecon - Mostly a jeep guy but his trail runs are great and gear reviews are VERY well respected. Nice quality videos.
Overland Bound - A great community to join plus their videos and live YouTube shows are good info for anyone.
Expedition Overland - One of the highest quality, entertainment channels about overland adventures on YouTube.

Jason Koertge - 4Runner guy but I like his in-depth tutorials on his modifications b/c he does not edit out screw ups. Good trail run videos as well.
Seek Adventure - Good Aussie gear review channel. Side by side comparisons are very good.
Revere Overland - Great expedition playlists to give you ideas on where to go.
The Story Till Now - Travel adventure channel. Good quality videos and entertainment.
Last Line of Defense - Great channel for preppers but I like it for his gear reviews.
Matt's Off Road Recovery - Just a fun channel about people getting stuck and Matt and team pulling them out.

There are tons of fantastic Bronco specific sites as well but I thought I would limit it to overlanding since this is in the Outdoors & Adventure thread.
Xpathf1nderX, Brongo
Last edited by a moderator: Dec 01, 2020

Rank V

Dec 02, 2020

Nice selection of great channels. I would also recommend the following:
Chris at Venture 4WD: Epic journeys mostly in the west. Venture4WD
Lifestyle Overland: A young family who produce some great content. Lifestyle Overland
Justin B. McBride: Very good reviews. Justin B. McBride
The Epic Family Road Trip: A Canadian family on the road in two Jeeps. The stories of their travels are very entertaining. Epic Family Road Trip
4DR OBX, A51, 2.3L/Auto, Soft Top, High Package, 4.27 Locking Rear Diff, AUX Switches
Reserved: 7/14/20, Ordered: 1/29/21, Built: 9/7/21, Assumed the Reins: 9/14/21
SlashRacer, Cooppierce

Rank VI

Dec 02, 2020

Trail recon guy is buying a bronco too so we can look forward to him over landing with it
SlashRacer, ChapEJF

Rank V

Mar 08, 2021

I am a big fan of TrailRecon, The Story Till Now, Matt's Off Road Recovery and Casey 250. There are a few others that I like too.
|'21 4-Door | Badsquatchâ„¢ | Area 51 | 2.7L | MIC 2.0 Hard Top | Lux Package | Grey Poupon on Tap |

You can find me on the Socials at https://bio.link/overlanding4fun
Stereo, SlashRacer

GASQUATCH

Mar 04, 2022

TrailRecon, The Story Till Now, Matt's Off Road Recovery are all some of my favorites. I enjoy Ozark Overlanding some as well as it is more local to me.

I laugh when I watch Matts off road recovery....he frequently gets 600k views a day, all about recovery of a vehicle and the antics of his team.......great stuff!
2022 Badlands / Sasquatch / 2.7 / Auto / 2DR / MIC / Bestop Trektop / LUX / 12000# Badland winch / in Hot Pepper Red
Stereo

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Mar 04, 2022

nah THE best overlanding channel is

Dr. Hanna Straight- F250 camping