Before and after kinda.

Muddpickle
Jun 15, 2021

Rank 0

Jun 15, 2021

7DCE0557-46E8-466F-98F9-6AFEB9AC10FF.jpeg
This is my outer banks it is # 72112. Using VIN on my 1979 Mustang pace car I was able to locate the pace car that was built before mine and the one that was built after mine. The one built before mine ended it’s life totaled. Leaving mine and the next in line. We met up once and compared the two.
Now with my outer banks I think it would be cool to locate its before and after and share photos and differences. Probably a long shot but what the heck.
ChuckO, Sdakotabronco

Rank VI

Jun 15, 2021

You got the year right on your pace car? I had a 79 Indy Pace Car Mustang!

Rank 0

Jun 15, 2021

You are correct I’m not sure why I messed that up. I’ll fix it. Good catch.
Padams7

Rank VI

Jun 16, 2021

You are correct I’m not sure why I messed that up. I’ll fix it. Good catch.

I think the 89 was the Camaro! Lol and if you drive a fox body, you know how that rivalry was!

I had a 79 pace car, loved it. I was in the wrong part of town one night and someone set my interior on fire. Luckily I had totaled a 93 and was able to swap the majority of interior parts over. So it ended up with the updated interior.

Rank 0

Jun 16, 2021

I think the 89 was the Camaro! Lol and if you drive a fox body, you know how that rivalry was!

I had a 79 pace car, loved it. I was in the wrong part of town one night and someone set my interior on fire. Luckily I had totaled a 93 and was able to swap the majority of interior parts over. So it ended up with the updated interior.
Mine remained stock with less than 50k on odometer. Then in 92 I pulled the 2.3l turbo with 4 speed manual and replaced with 71 351 cleavland cobra jet and a 5 speed.
Sdakotabronco, Padams7